its from fw11, I found it on yjp for close to retail. had to cop
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- What color of DRESS shirt to wear with DARK blue jeans? Last post on 11/4/10 at 7:44am in Classic Menswear
- After Hours Look Last post on 10/16/12 at 7:16pm in Streetwear and Denim
- shirts and general fit question for V shaped body Last post on 4/29/13 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my ModernTailor shirt fit & measurements Last post on 9/1/11 at 10:42am in Classic Menswear
- High-quality white shirt on short notice (in New York?) Last post on 12/15/12 at 5:06am in Classic Menswear
What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Bison Made
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- Crane's Country Store
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Four Horsemen Shop
- GABE Tailored
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Hiras Fashion
- Howard Yount
- Hugh & Crye
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Malford of London
- Meermin Mallorca
- Moda Republic
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Street Bootmakers
- Passaggio Cravatte
- Paul Evans
- Portland Dry Goods
- Roden Gray
- Saddleback Leather
- Self Edge
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- United Stock Dry Goods
- Upstate Stock
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
The WAYWT Discussion Thread - Page 5322
Styleforum Top Picks
Colours are a bit off due to bad lightning. Feels like the sun never comes up these days.
Navy COS wool/cashmere short hooded coat
Burgundy SNS stark
White tee (no vis)
Vintage 70's Omega seamaster (no vis)
Grey COS wool melange trousers
Dark olive Uniqlo socks
Tan CP leather chukkas
Light olive Eastpak suede backpack
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
The classical Yohjists of WAYWT--Ivwri, the Shah, asobu--I have viewed them with fear and bewilderment. In their wake now comes a new generation...not fully Yohji'ed out, but incorporating elements of Yohjism to varying degrees. Yohjism seems to be everywhere! Even today, that wretched new member--who wanted advice on his too short and small BB suit--he must have stared flabbergasted at that bizarre reply referencing Yohji sleeve and jacket lengths that probably sounded to him like someone babbling unintelligibly in tongues.
This disturbs me. Why? I shall tell you why. Because Yohji represents everything that is degenerate. Degenerate. Yohji draws his inspiration from among the fashions of the worst of humanity and human history....things and people that scare the shit out of me. Like the clothes of 17th-century Puritans, Wahhabi women in full niqab, or the uniforms of Samurai executioners or "failed" Samurai warriors preparing to ritually suicide. Everything that is wrong, frightening, sinful, dark...I will even say evil...this is what Yohji is about.
But in this sea of degeneracy, there is a shining beacon. Stanley van Buren represents everything that is upright, righteous, just and pure. Everything that is, dare I say, American. Stanley's clothes are the opposite of Yohji. They bring the lights of sanity, grace, compassion, elegance, inclusiveness, normalcy, dignity, and forgivance, in what sometimes seems to be a sea of sin and degeneracy.
I am ashamed to confess it, but I am only human. I see this Yohji creeping everywhere, and I am tempted. I gaze at the sensous,lines, the nebulous black drapes, the mysteriousness, the otherworldliness of fits taken against a dark, brooding sky....I see Yohji, wispily clutching a cigarette and his gray, decrepit, degenerate hair blowing in the cigarette smoke, beckoning me into the darkness. He smiles to reveal discoloured teeth. I think of biting from the forbidden fruit. But then I scream "NO!!!". I close my eyes shut, I scream out my Hail Marys. I scroll away. I think I've spared myself this time.
I hit reload.
And there it is...a Stanley van Buren fit! The blue Los Angeles sky. Stanley's golden hair blinding like sunshine! And Stanley van Buren himself, a beacon of light and propriety, like Lady Liberty offering salvation. I am usually choked and overcome at that point, I cross myself, I fall on my knees, and I kiss Stanley's Margiella GATS. I have been spared...once again.
I know I am not alone in this fear of Yohji. Man Of Kent bit of the sinful fruit...in his shame, he banished himself from here. But this being the Earthly and not the Heavenly paradise, he can let himself back in whenever he wants...but we all know, it has never been the same for him again...ever.
Today, I sat in contemplation, of what WAYWT would become, if Stanley van Buren were swayed to Yohjism. As I type, I shudder at the thought. Dear God let it never come true.
They say the way to overcome your fears is to confront them. I sat there in front of my computer, I wrapped a blanket around me but it didn't stop the shivering. I clutched a crucifix in one hand, and my mouse in the other, and I opened GIMP. This is not my style...but desperate measures call for desperate action.
So I haven't posted in quite a while. Last time I posted I got hazed so I took SF's advice and lurked a ton. I
I then took a little break from styleforum to help develop my style more so now Im back. This pic a few monthes ago. The suit actually has a a really subtle blue glen plaid pattern. I can take a detain shot if anyones interested.
1) Post suits in SWD instead of MC (I do this, but still...)
2) Take photos sitting down in order to hide most of the actual fit
3) Take photos in dark places, so almost no details are visible
I would suggest that you lurk a little while longer.
- The WAYWT Discussion Thread
- › Filson Bag Thread: With Pictures 1 minute ago
- › Random fashion thoughts 2 minutes ago
- › NFL 2013-14 Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Bourbon. 4 minutes ago
- › Brown Suede Bluchers Peal by C&J/AS - Perfect F/W shoe! 5 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 8 minutes ago
- › Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)? 8 minutes ago
- › The WAYWT Discussion Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Things that are pissing you off. 10 minutes ago
- › What stereo(s) do you listen to? What do you want? 11 minutes ago
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › Adidas x The Soloist Rod Laver Vin by BenMusch
- › Loake 1880 Aldwych by wurger
- › Herschel Ravine Black/Tan FA 12 by pfmicks
- › Vans Footwear The Barbour Classic Slip On Sneaker,10.5,Green by ATLnoob
- › Berg & Berg unlined silk bow tie (SS'13) by MTB-85
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques... by mimo
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits by LA Guy
- › San Francisco Shopping Map by ahilal
- › So you want to design your own clothes? by DaveJames
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras) by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans) by alyssaw