Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- What color of DRESS shirt to wear with DARK blue jeans? Last post on 11/4/10 at 7:44am in Classic Menswear
- MARGARET HOWELL Fall/Winter 2013 Last post on 3/13/15 at 2:34am in Streetwear and Denim
- After Hours Look Last post on 2/23/14 at 5:19pm in Streetwear and Denim
- shirts and general fit question for V shaped body Last post on 4/29/13 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my ModernTailor shirt fit & measurements Last post on 9/1/11 at 10:42am in Classic Menswear
CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...
Last edited: 3/30/15
- What I Learned from Slim DenimLast edited: 12/21/14
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The WAYWT Discussion Thread - Page 5316post #79726 of 11766811/13/12 at 8:11am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #79727 of 11766811/13/12 at 8:18ampost #79728 of 11766811/13/12 at 8:21amQuote:Originally Posted by Synthese
It's not the sleeve length, it's the dropped shoulders - on everything. The MMM jacket also looks too big, and so has pretty much every piece of outerwear I can remember you posting (feel free to correct me). Having both shoulder and sleeve too big makes me think "Just size down," but maybe I am being optimistic.
I have only two pieces of outerwear right now - that denim jacket and this:
which fits fine everywhere. I wouldn't mind replacing the mmm jacket at some point, because you're right, essentially, but I haven't found anything I liked more and I don't want to buy something out of desperation. I'll probably end up with a toj cwu-45 in black. I think I might give the impression that I have more badly-fitting stuff than I do because I've posted things in should I / shouldn't I and then not kept them?
I also tapered those white jeans last night, so I mean, I do follow tailoring advice from you guys a lot of the time.post #79729 of 11766811/13/12 at 8:24ampost #79730 of 11766811/13/12 at 8:25amThread Starterpost #79731 of 11766811/13/12 at 8:28amThread Starterpost #79732 of 11766811/13/12 at 8:43ampost #79733 of 11766811/13/12 at 8:55amQuote:Originally Posted by APK
I don't know if this is KJ's problem, but it's rare that I try on a piece of outerwear or blazer that wouldn't need to be shortened a little in the sleeves. I can't really wear anything smaller than a 42 without constriction because of my chest, but that also usually means sleeves that are a little too long. I also have narrow shoulders relative to my chest, so I pretty much can't exist without a competent tailor in my life.
I have the reverse problem, my shoulders are pretty broad, so almost every jacket/shirt I own has the sleeves running a bit short (verify by looking at any of my WAYWTs ever). I've just sort of learned to live with it, slightly short sleeves look less sloppy than overly long sleeves imopost #79734 of 11766811/13/12 at 8:58amQuote:Originally Posted by reedobandito
I have the reverse problem, my shoulders are pretty broad, so almost every jacket/shirt I own has the sleeves running a bit short (verify by looking at any of my WAYWTs ever). I've just sort of learned to live with it, slightly short sleeves look less sloppy than overly long sleeves imo
This is because you size down in everything, whereas I have to size up to accommodate my chest.. aren't you wearing like an XS in uniqlo at 170 pounds?post #79735 of 11766811/13/12 at 9:02ampost #79736 of 11766811/13/12 at 9:08ampost #79737 of 11766811/13/12 at 9:16ampost #79738 of 11766811/13/12 at 9:18ampost #79739 of 11766811/13/12 at 9:19amsorry tegs, its raining today, and i always dress down in the rain. and i ended up wearing a fit that i thought id like to post here. i have no self restraint.
i dont like the shoes here, i think they are too chunky for the rest of the fit, but they are my only casual shoes.
any thoughts, guys?
really chunky duffel coat (Click to show)
BB duffel coat
j crew gingham
levis made and crafted selvedge chinos
alfred sargent coe
orion leather belt from ebay
panerai 112post #79740 of 11766811/13/12 at 9:26am
Feet look huge, institches. Shirt is nice though. Oh, and you´d make a great captain haddock in a live action Tintin movie.
@KoY, I´m not saying they look bad, but they´ve been pretty much in all your fits. Footwear is essential and what differentiates some great fits from mediocre ones.
You could also try hiding the tongue . I´m not particularly feeling it in that fit.
This thread is locked
- The WAYWT Discussion Thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- What I Learned from Slim Denim
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 18 seconds ago
- › Things that are pissing you off. 28 seconds ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 1 minute ago
- › en Vivo™!! Celta Vigo vs Real Madrid live.free stream online 3 minutes ago
- › Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here 6 minutes ago
- › The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Body Hair Problems - Advice Needed 9 minutes ago
- › CDG Brown Wool Jacket: Large, Flecked. 9 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 10 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › The Styleforum Brief April 2015
- › Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest!...
- › Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of...
- › How to Buy Direct from Japan
- › Lanieri Presents: Deep Into the Blue
- › Clothing for Hard Work
- › Sakura Season
- › A Brief History of Indigo
- › The (Red) Thread Connecting Italy and Japan
- › Two Japanese Words Every Clothing Dork Should...