or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The WAYWT Discussion Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The WAYWT Discussion Thread - Page 5316

post #79726 of 115951
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teger View Post

I want to buy kingjulien a bunch of coupon's to a local tailor to get the sleeves taken up on everything he wears blush.gif

I need to do this too :/ But too cheap/lazy. Money could be spent on more buys!
post #79727 of 115951
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synthese View Post

It's not like it keeps me awake at night or anything, but there's a difference between a jacket that's a bit roomy so you can fit a sweater under it, and all these slim pieces that end up with awkward dropped shoulders and rolled-up cuffs. It also doesn't really seem to fit the look he aims for, and comes off more sloppy than slouchy.

 

Yeah, that's the reason I am unsure about the jacket and posted it here - I can correct the sleeves in two seconds with a sewing machine and some scissors, but I might just sell it instead.  I don't even think I have smaller-than-average shoulders, although my arms might be a little short.  Most of my other stuff fits me well in the shoulders, with the exception of that MMM denim jacket which seems to be too big there in every fit I've ever seen of it.

post #79728 of 115951
It's not the sleeve length, it's the dropped shoulders - on everything. The MMM jacket also looks too big, and so has pretty much every piece of outerwear I can remember you posting (feel free to correct me). Having both shoulder and sleeve too big makes me think "Just size down," but maybe I am being optimistic.
post #79729 of 115951
That's part of the problem with buying everything on deep sales too. Almost fits at deep discount just isn't always worth it.
post #79730 of 115951
there's a reason pieces hit 80% off
post #79731 of 115951
I don't know if this is KJ's problem, but it's rare that I try on a piece of outerwear or blazer that wouldn't need to be shortened a little in the sleeves. I can't really wear anything smaller than a 42 without constriction because of my chest, but that also usually means sleeves that are a little too long. I also have narrow shoulders relative to my chest, so I pretty much can't exist without a competent tailor in my life.
post #79732 of 115951
Basically, you guys with broad shoulders don't realize you well you have it!
post #79733 of 115951

1000

 

Schott

SNS

Epaulet

APC
MMM

post #79734 of 115951
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synthese View Post

It's not the sleeve length, it's the dropped shoulders - on everything. The MMM jacket also looks too big, and so has pretty much every piece of outerwear I can remember you posting (feel free to correct me). Having both shoulder and sleeve too big makes me think "Just size down," but maybe I am being optimistic.

 

I have only two pieces of outerwear right now - that denim jacket and this:

 

7cb58419_VB1.jpeg

 

which fits fine everywhere.  I wouldn't mind replacing the mmm jacket at some point, because you're right, essentially, but I haven't found anything I liked more and I don't want to buy something out of desperation.  I'll probably end up with a toj cwu-45 in black.  I think I might give the impression that I have more badly-fitting stuff than I do because I've posted things in should I / shouldn't I and then not kept them?

 

I also tapered those white jeans last night, so I mean, I do follow tailoring advice from you guys a lot of the time.

post #79735 of 115951
I think that we have the impression that have lots of badly-fitting stuff because you have lots of badly-fitting stuf.
post #79736 of 115951
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by artishard116 View Post

time for a sexy party

Not a fan of those shoes
post #79737 of 115951
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by StanleyVanBuren View Post



Schott
SNS
Epaulet
APC

MMM

I just had a flash of you +20 years and +40 pounds. It was nightmarish.
post #79738 of 115951
Quote:
Originally Posted by artishard116 View Post

time for a sexy party

I was third wheel at this sexy party. Bad bathroom pic incoming

1HfRsl.jpg

N.Hooly:CKC:CDGH+:R+B

edit - I know the jacket sleeves are too long. Working cuffs so I haven't gotten it tailored yet
post #79739 of 115951
Quote:
Originally Posted by APK View Post

I don't know if this is KJ's problem, but it's rare that I try on a piece of outerwear or blazer that wouldn't need to be shortened a little in the sleeves. I can't really wear anything smaller than a 42 without constriction because of my chest, but that also usually means sleeves that are a little too long. I also have narrow shoulders relative to my chest, so I pretty much can't exist without a competent tailor in my life.

I have the reverse problem, my shoulders are pretty broad, so almost every jacket/shirt I own has the sleeves running a bit short (verify by looking at any of my WAYWTs ever). I've just sort of learned to live with it, slightly short sleeves look less sloppy than overly long sleeves imo
post #79740 of 115951
Quote:
Originally Posted by reedobandito View Post


I have the reverse problem, my shoulders are pretty broad, so almost every jacket/shirt I own has the sleeves running a bit short (verify by looking at any of my WAYWTs ever). I've just sort of learned to live with it, slightly short sleeves look less sloppy than overly long sleeves imo

 

This is because you size down in everything, whereas I have to size up to accommodate my chest.. aren't you wearing like an XS in uniqlo at 170 pounds?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The WAYWT Discussion Thread