Wearing my Taylor Stitch Yosemite shirt in ranger green, Rogue Territory 12.5 o.z. Stantons, Clarks desert boot in beeswax and my Tag Aquaracer 500M on the wrist. Hope to get a picture later.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- What color of DRESS shirt to wear with DARK blue jeans? Last post on 11/4/10 at 7:44am in Classic Menswear
- MARGARET HOWELL Fall/Winter 2013 Last post on 6/19/15 at 4:28am in Streetwear and Denim
- After Hours Look Last post on 2/23/14 at 5:19pm in Streetwear and Denim
- shirts and general fit question for V shaped body Last post on 4/29/13 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my ModernTailor shirt fit & measurements Last post on 9/1/11 at 10:42am in Classic Menswear
CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...
Last edited: 3/30/15
- What I Learned from Slim DenimLast edited: 12/21/14
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
The WAYWT Discussion Thread - Page 5315post #79711 of 11766811/13/12 at 6:21am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #79712 of 11766811/13/12 at 6:47ampost #79713 of 11766811/13/12 at 7:17ampost #79714 of 11766811/13/12 at 7:27ampost #79715 of 11766811/13/12 at 7:35ampost #79716 of 11766811/13/12 at 7:50amIt's not like it keeps me awake at night or anything, but there's a difference between a jacket that's a bit roomy so you can fit a sweater under it, and all these slim pieces that end up with awkward dropped shoulders and rolled-up cuffs. It also doesn't really seem to fit the look he aims for, and comes off more sloppy than slouchy.post #79717 of 11766811/13/12 at 7:54ampost #79718 of 11766811/13/12 at 7:56ampost #79719 of 11766811/13/12 at 7:57amfrom what i can see it looks like the long cuffs are part of the sweatshirt underneath, the jacket sleeves seem to be a good length.
and maybe i just don't understand the aesthetic but surely unstructured blazers like that are not supposed to fit dead-on at the shoulders.. (like EG, for example)post #79720 of 11766811/13/12 at 7:58ampost #79721 of 11766811/13/12 at 7:59amQuote:Originally Posted by Synthese
It's not like it keeps me awake at night or anything, but there's a difference between a jacket that's a bit roomy so you can fit a sweater under it, and all these slim pieces that end up with awkward dropped shoulders and rolled-up cuffs. It also doesn't really seem to fit the look he aims for, and comes off more sloppy than slouchy.
Yeah, that's the reason I am unsure about the jacket and posted it here - I can correct the sleeves in two seconds with a sewing machine and some scissors, but I might just sell it instead. I don't even think I have smaller-than-average shoulders, although my arms might be a little short. Most of my other stuff fits me well in the shoulders, with the exception of that MMM denim jacket which seems to be too big there in every fit I've ever seen of it.post #79722 of 11766811/13/12 at 8:01amIt's not the sleeve length, it's the dropped shoulders - on everything. The MMM jacket also looks too big, and so has pretty much every piece of outerwear I can remember you posting (feel free to correct me). Having both shoulder and sleeve too big makes me think "Just size down," but maybe I am being optimistic.post #79723 of 11766811/13/12 at 8:03ampost #79724 of 11766811/13/12 at 8:05ampost #79725 of 11766811/13/12 at 8:07amI don't know if this is KJ's problem, but it's rare that I try on a piece of outerwear or blazer that wouldn't need to be shortened a little in the sleeves. I can't really wear anything smaller than a 42 without constriction because of my chest, but that also usually means sleeves that are a little too long. I also have narrow shoulders relative to my chest, so I pretty much can't exist without a competent tailor in my life.
This thread is locked
- The WAYWT Discussion Thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- What I Learned from Slim Denim
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Theard 35 seconds ago
- › Enzo Custom Clothiers NYC 1 minute ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 1 minute ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 2 minutes ago
- › The Tailors' Thread: Fit Feedback and Alteration Suggestions 2 minutes ago
- › Truman Boots 4 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 5 minutes ago
- › The new official TOJ thread - updates, complaints, etc... 5 minutes ago
- › Taylor Stitch - Official Affiliate Thread 6 minutes ago
- › NBA 2014-2015 Season Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 5: We Dye Stuff Blue
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 6: Junky Special,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 7: This Is The End
- › The #StyFoJapan EDC
- › The Styleforum x Huckberry Father's Day...
- › Fok's Gift Guide for Dads Who Refuse to...