Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- What color of DRESS shirt to wear with DARK blue jeans? Last post on 11/4/10 at 7:44am in Classic Menswear
- MARGARET HOWELL Fall/Winter 2013 Last post on 2/5/16 at 9:34am in Streetwear and Denim
- After Hours Look Last post on 2/23/14 at 5:19pm in Streetwear and Denim
- shirts and general fit question for V shaped body Last post on 4/29/13 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my ModernTailor shirt fit & measurements Last post on 9/1/11 at 10:42am in Classic Menswear
Are APCs a good starter pair of raw denim jeans?
Last edited: 1/27/16
- Can the Waistband from Selvedge Jeans be taken in?Last edited: 1/27/16
- A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & HideLast edited: 12/7/15
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...Last edited: 12/9/15
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...Last edited: 3/30/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The WAYWT Discussion Thread - Page 5315
Styleforum Top Pickspost #79712 of 11766611/13/12 at 7:27ampost #79713 of 11766611/13/12 at 7:35ampost #79714 of 11766611/13/12 at 7:50amIt's not like it keeps me awake at night or anything, but there's a difference between a jacket that's a bit roomy so you can fit a sweater under it, and all these slim pieces that end up with awkward dropped shoulders and rolled-up cuffs. It also doesn't really seem to fit the look he aims for, and comes off more sloppy than slouchy.post #79715 of 11766611/13/12 at 7:54ampost #79716 of 11766611/13/12 at 7:56ampost #79717 of 11766611/13/12 at 7:57amfrom what i can see it looks like the long cuffs are part of the sweatshirt underneath, the jacket sleeves seem to be a good length.
and maybe i just don't understand the aesthetic but surely unstructured blazers like that are not supposed to fit dead-on at the shoulders.. (like EG, for example)post #79718 of 11766611/13/12 at 7:58ampost #79719 of 11766611/13/12 at 7:59amQuote:Originally Posted by Synthese
It's not like it keeps me awake at night or anything, but there's a difference between a jacket that's a bit roomy so you can fit a sweater under it, and all these slim pieces that end up with awkward dropped shoulders and rolled-up cuffs. It also doesn't really seem to fit the look he aims for, and comes off more sloppy than slouchy.
Yeah, that's the reason I am unsure about the jacket and posted it here - I can correct the sleeves in two seconds with a sewing machine and some scissors, but I might just sell it instead. I don't even think I have smaller-than-average shoulders, although my arms might be a little short. Most of my other stuff fits me well in the shoulders, with the exception of that MMM denim jacket which seems to be too big there in every fit I've ever seen of it.post #79720 of 11766611/13/12 at 8:01amIt's not the sleeve length, it's the dropped shoulders - on everything. The MMM jacket also looks too big, and so has pretty much every piece of outerwear I can remember you posting (feel free to correct me). Having both shoulder and sleeve too big makes me think "Just size down," but maybe I am being optimistic.post #79721 of 11766611/13/12 at 8:03ampost #79722 of 11766611/13/12 at 8:05ampost #79723 of 11766611/13/12 at 8:07amI don't know if this is KJ's problem, but it's rare that I try on a piece of outerwear or blazer that wouldn't need to be shortened a little in the sleeves. I can't really wear anything smaller than a 42 without constriction because of my chest, but that also usually means sleeves that are a little too long. I also have narrow shoulders relative to my chest, so I pretty much can't exist without a competent tailor in my life.post #79724 of 11766611/13/12 at 8:11am
This thread is locked
- The WAYWT Discussion Thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- Can the Waistband from Selvedge Jeans be taken in?
- › Cars We Drive! 5 seconds ago
- › NEW ALDEN color 8 Wingtip boots, crepe sole, 9.5D Barrie/US 10D 1 minute ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's,... 1 minute ago
- › Romantic Europe meets NYC: the ROBERT GELLER thread 1 minute ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 1 minute ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 2 minutes ago
- › I need feminism because tumblr 2 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's... 2 minutes ago
- › GentlemensFootwear.com (CARMINA, EDWARD GREEN, DRAKES, CAPPELLI) -... 4 minutes ago
- › The Apple Discussion Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...
- › What does it mean to Relast a shoe?
- › Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want...
- › How do I polish my shoes but preserve the...