Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- What color of DRESS shirt to wear with DARK blue jeans? Last post on 11/4/10 at 7:44am in Classic Menswear
- After Hours Look Last post on 10/16/12 at 7:16pm in Streetwear and Denim
- shirts and general fit question for V shaped body Last post on 4/29/13 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my ModernTailor shirt fit & measurements Last post on 9/1/11 at 10:42am in Classic Menswear
- High-quality white shirt on short notice (in New York?) Last post on 12/15/12 at 5:06am in Classic Menswear
What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Edited on 5/31/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Edited on 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blue Owl
- Cedarville Store
- Crane's Country Store
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Four Horsemen Shop
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Hiras Fashion
- Howard Yount
- Hugh & Crye
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Malford of London
- Mes Chausettes Rouges
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Oak Street Bootmakers
- Portland Dry Goods
- Roden Gray
- Saddleback Leather
- Self Edge
- Tanner Goods/Woodlands Supply
- Tate + Yoko
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Tiberias Clothing
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
The WAYWT Discussion Thread - Page 5302
Almost all my tees could stand to be a little longer. I'm exactly 6', which isn't super tall, so I don't understand why it's such a problem. Sizing up on this tee would have probably made it too large in all other dimensions, so I went with a Medium.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
ok, while i do like this fit, even though i dont really quite "get" a lot of it, i only ask one thing explained.
the cuffs. i know it has been mentioned, but even the suggested amounts to be shortened would leave it quite long, at least from an MC perspective. i have not been in this thread very long, but i dont recall seeing any other SC sleeves that long.
so, i guess my question is, what is the SWD belief/groupthink/accepted practice/range about cuff length on SCs?
get em taken up from the shoulder?
i recently had to get the sleeves of a schneider jacket shortened - they had a working button, but because of the construction/thickness of the wool the tailor i use couldn't take it from the shoulder, so i paid like $75 to have the entire cuff recut. worth it.
one note about shortening a sleeve from the shoulder. when a jacket is made, the extra length that is put in by the manufacturer to account for different arm lengths, is added at the end. even if the tailor can get the armhole right, it can really throw off the pitch of the sleeve in regards to the elbow.
so even if the length is right after the alteration, and it looks good, it can be very uncomfortable to wear if the curvature of the jacket sleeve is no longer matches up with the curve of your arm/elbow.
Stanley was wearing a Stark on the previous page. cyc had replied to renenavate with what Stanley was wearing, but rennavate was quoting a post of Stanley quoting xhale who was wearing a fisherman
- The WAYWT Discussion Thread
- › Official Sales Alert thread 1 minute ago
- › NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread 2 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 2 minutes ago
- › NIKE Thread 2 minutes ago
- › The Editorial thread 2 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Pie? Or Cake? A Poll 3 minutes ago
- › Critique my suit and dress shirt 4 minutes ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 4 minutes ago
- › Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here 5 minutes ago
- › Isaia Coral Lapel Pin by carre567
- › Kiton Napoli WearRight Dark Green Soft suede Loafers 11.5 *Handmade* by BearBindell
- › Red Wing Men's 6" Iron Ranger Boot by ranger21
- › Alfred Sargent Moore by Harrydog
- › Bright orange green paisley pattern silk tie by Holtemor
- › Allen-Edmonds Men's Leeds Oxfords,Black,10 C by trouble
- › Jos. A. Bank Signature Gold 2-Button Wool Suit by JJTV
- › Frye Men's Wallace Oxford by RandyE
- › Momotaro 702 (15.7 oz, Deep Indigo) by El Argentino
- › J. Crew Ludlow by collin9338
- › So you want to design your own clothes? by DaveJames
- › Wedding shoes - How do you decide? by hollypowell
- › Cannes Film Festival Trend - Sunglasses by hollypowell
- › David Beckham - Style Icon by hollypowell
- › Style Icon - Brian Trunzo by hollypowell
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras) by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &... by alyssaw