Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- What color of DRESS shirt to wear with DARK blue jeans? Last post on 11/4/10 at 7:44am in Classic Menswear
- After Hours Look Last post on 2/23/14 at 5:19pm in Streetwear and Denim
- shirts and general fit question for V shaped body Last post on 4/29/13 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my ModernTailor shirt fit & measurements Last post on 9/1/11 at 10:42am in Classic Menswear
- High-quality white shirt on short notice (in New York?) Last post on 12/15/12 at 5:06am in Classic Menswear
What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- ASPECD Apparel
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Andrews Sartorial Luxury Collection
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- Nice Laundry
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- United Stock Dry Goods
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
The WAYWT Discussion Thread - Page 5302
Styleforum Top Picks
Almost all my tees could stand to be a little longer. I'm exactly 6', which isn't super tall, so I don't understand why it's such a problem. Sizing up on this tee would have probably made it too large in all other dimensions, so I went with a Medium.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
ok, while i do like this fit, even though i dont really quite "get" a lot of it, i only ask one thing explained.
the cuffs. i know it has been mentioned, but even the suggested amounts to be shortened would leave it quite long, at least from an MC perspective. i have not been in this thread very long, but i dont recall seeing any other SC sleeves that long.
so, i guess my question is, what is the SWD belief/groupthink/accepted practice/range about cuff length on SCs?
get em taken up from the shoulder?
i recently had to get the sleeves of a schneider jacket shortened - they had a working button, but because of the construction/thickness of the wool the tailor i use couldn't take it from the shoulder, so i paid like $75 to have the entire cuff recut. worth it.
one note about shortening a sleeve from the shoulder. when a jacket is made, the extra length that is put in by the manufacturer to account for different arm lengths, is added at the end. even if the tailor can get the armhole right, it can really throw off the pitch of the sleeve in regards to the elbow.
so even if the length is right after the alteration, and it looks good, it can be very uncomfortable to wear if the curvature of the jacket sleeve is no longer matches up with the curve of your arm/elbow.
Stanley was wearing a Stark on the previous page. cyc had replied to renenavate with what Stanley was wearing, but rennavate was quoting a post of Stanley quoting xhale who was wearing a fisherman
my point was that one of the biggest concerns with sleeve pitch is having a jacket sleeve that lies flat - which isn't as much of a concern with a jacket that's made of cotton and thus is constantly wrinkled anyway. obviously there's a risk of constricting your arm if you shorten the sleeve too much from the shoulder (which is limited by armhole constraints anyway), but I don't think the inch or so he needs is going to be a deal breaker. he shouldn't get the sleeve altered to a business appropriate length, but just so it doesn't cover his hand.
- The WAYWT Discussion Thread
- › Random fashion thoughts 1 minute ago
- › The Vacuum Test: Meile Blue Moon vs. Dyson 14+ 2 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 2 minutes ago
- › NWOT Club Monaco Pea Coat 4 minutes ago
- › TOJ0 2013 Gray/Black 50 6 minutes ago
- › street wear at a cheap price. 8 minutes ago
- › Nanamica Wool Blackwatch Windstopper---M 8 minutes ago
- › John Elliott + Co - official affiliate thread 9 minutes ago
- › Best deals on streetwears clothes. 9 minutes ago
- › Maomao x Gaz Italian Sartorial Adventure 2012 9 minutes ago
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Pullovers)