Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- What color of DRESS shirt to wear with DARK blue jeans? Last post on 11/4/10 at 7:44am in Classic Menswear
- After Hours Look Last post on 10/16/12 at 7:16pm in Streetwear and Denim
- shirts and general fit question for V shaped body Last post on 4/29/13 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my ModernTailor shirt fit & measurements Last post on 9/1/11 at 10:42am in Classic Menswear
- High-quality white shirt on short notice (in New York?) Last post on 12/15/12 at 5:06am in Classic Menswear
What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Bison Made
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- Crane's Country Store
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Four Horsemen Shop
- GABE Tailored
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Hiras Fashion
- Howard Yount
- Hugh & Crye
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Malford of London
- Meermin Mallorca
- Moda Republic
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Street Bootmakers
- Passaggio Cravatte
- Paul Evans
- Portland Dry Goods
- Roden Gray
- Saddleback Leather
- Self Edge
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- United Stock Dry Goods
- Upstate Stock
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
The WAYWT Discussion Thread - Page 5287
Styleforum Top Picks
Yeah its a bit feminine; but it doesn't really bother me that much. I can understand how others wouldn't lke it.
Yes jacket on Jacket. My mustache was terrible that will never come back!
Oh man, maybe SW&D is passing me by. I think bows looks was too constricted (plus this short jacket over long knit/coat thing usually looks askew to me) and AR's knit is pretty nice, albeit probably a size too tiny, until you get to the bizarre neck detailing. Is there any product in your hair, AR? It looks kinda dull and lifeless in such close proximity to a fashion forward knit like that.
Jacket is a bit tight, but I didn't really have another one that worked and I wanted to try something new.
Same sentiment as above, I agree. I need new boots too ;(
Maybe this jacket would be better?
I'm really digging EG these days. I can't help but think all the SZjugend who spent a fortune on Paul Harnden could have been just as served by EG for that aesthetic.
I think Fuuma figured that out long ago.
was told before not to taper these jeans but I really think they could use it below the knee. thoughts?
Details (Click to show)
Jacket/tie plus jeans is incongruous 99/100 times. This isn't the 1 time it works.
Further - the shirt and jacket sleeves are - again - 1/2" too short, maybe a full 1" for the jacket. The jacket's quarters don't look right, either. The jeans do need a taper for your style specifically (very lean and long), but don't cuff them until they are tapered. Finally, the tie doesn't work here at all, even if the rest of the elements somehow fell in place.
Hey, thanks for the actual feedback. I agree the jacket & tie + jeans thing is usually bad. I keep trying to find a combo that works but I'll admit this probably wasn't it.
The jacket sleeves were originally way too long and I had them shortened. I think you're right that my tailor may have gone too far and I may see if he can correct it. I don't think the shirt sleeves are too short though.
- The WAYWT Discussion Thread
- › my visit to Napoli & Mina @ Napoli Su Misura 4 seconds ago
- › Carmina Dark Cognac Shell Cordovan Short Wing Balmoral 12UK Rain... 9 seconds ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 25 seconds ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 50 seconds ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 1 minute ago
- › Burgundy Double Monks Suggesstions? 1 minute ago
- › THE OFFICIAL "streetwear" BALLER BOOT/SHOE THREAD ***700usd Min*** 1 minute ago
- › Supreme Military Peacoat (Black, XL) 2 minutes ago
- › Official Filson Thread - Clothing/Bags Etc 2 minutes ago
- › JCrew Skinny Slim Ties and Basitti Ties 2 minutes ago
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › Adidas x The Soloist Rod Laver Vin by BenMusch
- › Loake 1880 Aldwych by wurger
- › Herschel Ravine Black/Tan FA 12 by pfmicks
- › Vans Footwear The Barbour Classic Slip On Sneaker,10.5,Green by ATLnoob
- › Berg & Berg unlined silk bow tie (SS'13) by MTB-85
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques... by mimo
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits by LA Guy
- › San Francisco Shopping Map by ahilal
- › So you want to design your own clothes? by DaveJames
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras) by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans) by alyssaw