Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- What color of DRESS shirt to wear with DARK blue jeans? Last post on 11/4/10 at 7:44am in Classic Menswear
- After Hours Look Last post on 10/16/12 at 7:16pm in Streetwear and Denim
- shirts and general fit question for V shaped body Last post on 4/29/13 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my ModernTailor shirt fit & measurements Last post on 9/1/11 at 10:42am in Classic Menswear
- High-quality white shirt on short notice (in New York?) Last post on 12/15/12 at 5:06am in Classic Menswear
What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Edited on 5/31/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Edited on 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blue Owl
- Cedarville Store
- Crane's Country Store
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Four Horsemen Shop
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Hiras Fashion
- Howard Yount
- Hugh & Crye
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Malford of London
- Mes Chausettes Rouges
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Oak Street Bootmakers
- Portland Dry Goods
- Roden Gray
- Saddleback Leather
- Self Edge
- Tanner Goods/Woodlands Supply
- Tate + Yoko
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Tiberias Clothing
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
The WAYWT Discussion Thread - Page 5287
Yeah its a bit feminine; but it doesn't really bother me that much. I can understand how others wouldn't lke it.
Yes jacket on Jacket. My mustache was terrible that will never come back!
Oh man, maybe SW&D is passing me by. I think bows looks was too constricted (plus this short jacket over long knit/coat thing usually looks askew to me) and AR's knit is pretty nice, albeit probably a size too tiny, until you get to the bizarre neck detailing. Is there any product in your hair, AR? It looks kinda dull and lifeless in such close proximity to a fashion forward knit like that.
Jacket is a bit tight, but I didn't really have another one that worked and I wanted to try something new.
Same sentiment as above, I agree. I need new boots too ;(
Maybe this jacket would be better?
I'm really digging EG these days. I can't help but think all the SZjugend who spent a fortune on Paul Harnden could have been just as served by EG for that aesthetic.
I think Fuuma figured that out long ago.
was told before not to taper these jeans but I really think they could use it below the knee. thoughts?
Details (Click to show)
Jacket/tie plus jeans is incongruous 99/100 times. This isn't the 1 time it works.
Further - the shirt and jacket sleeves are - again - 1/2" too short, maybe a full 1" for the jacket. The jacket's quarters don't look right, either. The jeans do need a taper for your style specifically (very lean and long), but don't cuff them until they are tapered. Finally, the tie doesn't work here at all, even if the rest of the elements somehow fell in place.
Hey, thanks for the actual feedback. I agree the jacket & tie + jeans thing is usually bad. I keep trying to find a combo that works but I'll admit this probably wasn't it.
The jacket sleeves were originally way too long and I had them shortened. I think you're right that my tailor may have gone too far and I may see if he can correct it. I don't think the shirt sleeves are too short though.
- The WAYWT Discussion Thread
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 4 seconds ago
- › Buying my first suit 1 minute ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 1 minute ago
- › A.P.C. The official thread for APC questions. 1 minute ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Things that are pissing you off. 4 minutes ago
- › NIKE Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 7 minutes ago
- › ITT: Name Your Favorite Obscure Classic Rock Band 8 minutes ago
- › LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread 11 minutes ago
- › Kiton Napoli WearRight Dark Green Soft suede Loafers 11.5 *Handmade* by BearBindell
- › Red Wing Men's 6" Iron Ranger Boot by ranger21
- › Alfred Sargent Moore by Harrydog
- › Bright orange green paisley pattern silk tie by Holtemor
- › Allen-Edmonds Men's Leeds Oxfords,Black,10 C by trouble
- › Jos. A. Bank Signature Gold 2-Button Wool Suit by JJTV
- › Frye Men's Wallace Oxford by RandyE
- › Momotaro 702 (15.7 oz, Deep Indigo) by El Argentino
- › J. Crew Ludlow by collin9338
- › To Boot New York Men's Sawyer Boot,Parma Doc Teak 432,9.5 M US by baronbvp
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras) by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans) by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Pullovers) by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Footwear) by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Outerwear) by alyssaw
- › What is Styleforum Wearing: 10.30.12 by skehoe