I lurk here (so, yay, all of you, for posting excellent and also not-excellent fits), but had to chime in w/ a big ole high five for someone working Elizabeth Bishop into the WAYWT thread.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- What color of DRESS shirt to wear with DARK blue jeans? Last post on 11/4/10 at 7:44am in Classic Menswear
- MARGARET HOWELL Fall/Winter 2013 Last post on 2/26/15 at 3:12pm in Streetwear and Denim
- After Hours Look Last post on 2/23/14 at 5:19pm in Streetwear and Denim
- shirts and general fit question for V shaped body Last post on 4/29/13 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my ModernTailor shirt fit & measurements Last post on 9/1/11 at 10:42am in Classic Menswear
What I Learned from Slim Denim
Last edited: 12/21/14
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The WAYWT Discussion Thread - Page 5287post #79291 of 11766811/8/12 at 10:02am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #79292 of 11766811/8/12 at 10:11ampost #79293 of 11766811/8/12 at 10:24amQuote:Originally Posted by Mr. MooQuote:Originally Posted by StanleyVanBuren
was told before not to taper these jeans but I really think they could use it below the knee. thoughts?
Details (Click to show)
Jacket/tie plus jeans is incongruous 99/100 times. This isn't the 1 time it works.
Further - the shirt and jacket sleeves are - again - 1/2" too short, maybe a full 1" for the jacket. The jacket's quarters don't look right, either. The jeans do need a taper for your style specifically (very lean and long), but don't cuff them until they are tapered. Finally, the tie doesn't work here at all, even if the rest of the elements somehow fell in place.
Hey, thanks for the actual feedback. I agree the jacket & tie + jeans thing is usually bad. I keep trying to find a combo that works but I'll admit this probably wasn't it.
The jacket sleeves were originally way too long and I had them shortened. I think you're right that my tailor may have gone too far and I may see if he can correct it. I don't think the shirt sleeves are too short though.post #79294 of 11766811/8/12 at 10:33ampost #79295 of 11766811/8/12 at 10:35ampost #79296 of 11766811/8/12 at 10:45ampost #79297 of 11766811/8/12 at 10:47ampost #79298 of 11766811/8/12 at 10:48ampost #79299 of 11766811/8/12 at 10:49ampost #79300 of 11766811/8/12 at 10:50ampost #79301 of 11766811/8/12 at 10:56amI just wish EG blazers wouldn't have such wonky proportions. Judging by the last couple of EG seasonal threads, I'm not the only who struggling with the new fit of slimmer shoulders and chests with a boxy body. The present day Bedford in a large fits me well in the body, but the shoulders and chest are such that I would have to hope no one ever wanted to shake my hand when I wore it.post #79302 of 11766811/8/12 at 10:58ampost #79303 of 11766811/8/12 at 11:06ampost #79304 of 11766811/8/12 at 11:10ampost #79305 of 11766811/8/12 at 11:12amQuote:
Thanks man. I do have a few tapered pants (particularly from the Spring 2008 YYPH collection) and wear them from time to time hehe.
Thanks and good to see you on this side of the wall. Hope you are taking the time to get a tan while you are over here?
Those are indeed suspenders hanging down. They are a set with the pants and are attached to them by buttons on the front and the back. I tend to wear them hanging down like on the runway because I like the way it looks, but I do wear them up from time to time.
This thread is locked
- The WAYWT Discussion Thread
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › Random fashion thoughts 1 minute ago
- › $495 Brand new CESARE PACIOTTI 4US (Brigade GVU2) stylish black... 1 minute ago
- › Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? 1 minute ago
- › [[LOVE]] MARRIAGE E x p e r T ((+91-9799138999)) VaShIKArAN... 1 minute ago
- › CRATE Denim/ of California Blue or Red Hoodie 1 minute ago
- › [[LOVE]] MARRIAGE E x p e r T ((+91-9799138999)) VaShIKArAN... 3 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 3 minutes ago
- › [[LOVE]] MARRIAGE E x p e r T ((+91-9799138999)) VaShIKArAN... 6 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 8 minutes ago
- › HOF: Labels, heels and nail patterns - Secrets to ID the maker 10 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Six questions to ask when vetting your...
- › The truth about how to be great at content...
- › Knit Blazers: What Even Are They?
- › Fok’s Pitti Pick: Wear Coat, Get Blogged
- › What it Means to be Made in Italy
- › How to Smell Fabulous in Florence (and Beyond)
- › The Current State of Americana
- › The Styleforum Brief: February 2015
- › The Styleforum Brief: January 2015
- › Styleforum Interviews Yasuto Kamoshita of...