I lurk here (so, yay, all of you, for posting excellent and also not-excellent fits), but had to chime in w/ a big ole high five for someone working Elizabeth Bishop into the WAYWT thread.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- What color of DRESS shirt to wear with DARK blue jeans? Last post on 11/4/10 at 7:44am in Classic Menswear
- After Hours Look Last post on 2/23/14 at 5:19pm in Streetwear and Denim
- shirts and general fit question for V shaped body Last post on 4/29/13 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my ModernTailor shirt fit & measurements Last post on 9/1/11 at 10:42am in Classic Menswear
- High-quality white shirt on short notice (in New York?) Last post on 10/6/14 at 12:01pm in Classic Menswear
What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
The WAYWT Discussion Thread - Page 5287
Styleforum Top Picks
was told before not to taper these jeans but I really think they could use it below the knee. thoughts?
Details (Click to show)
Jacket/tie plus jeans is incongruous 99/100 times. This isn't the 1 time it works.
Further - the shirt and jacket sleeves are - again - 1/2" too short, maybe a full 1" for the jacket. The jacket's quarters don't look right, either. The jeans do need a taper for your style specifically (very lean and long), but don't cuff them until they are tapered. Finally, the tie doesn't work here at all, even if the rest of the elements somehow fell in place.
Hey, thanks for the actual feedback. I agree the jacket & tie + jeans thing is usually bad. I keep trying to find a combo that works but I'll admit this probably wasn't it.
The jacket sleeves were originally way too long and I had them shortened. I think you're right that my tailor may have gone too far and I may see if he can correct it. I don't think the shirt sleeves are too short though.
Thanks man. I do have a few tapered pants (particularly from the Spring 2008 YYPH collection) and wear them from time to time hehe.
Thanks and good to see you on this side of the wall. Hope you are taking the time to get a tan while you are over here?
Those are indeed suspenders hanging down. They are a set with the pants and are attached to them by buttons on the front and the back. I tend to wear them hanging down like on the runway because I like the way it looks, but I do wear them up from time to time.
- The WAYWT Discussion Thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- › Leather Quality and Properties 1 minute ago
- › A Sam (and David) Hober Tie Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 1 minute ago
- › Drakes Knitwear Question - Odd Sizing 1 minute ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 1 minute ago
- › John Elliott + Co - official affiliate thread 2 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe - Official Affiliate Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 4 minutes ago
- › GentlemensFootwear.com (Carmina, Drakes, Cappelli, Finamore) -... 6 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 6 minutes ago
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Men’s Jewellery Trends 2014/15
- › Watch and Jewellery Trends: Black on Black...
- › Trend Forecasting 2015: Men’s Accessories
- › Patek Philippe 175th Anniversary
- › Office Casual - The Death of the Neck Tie?
- › Best Website For The Movies?
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...