or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The WAYWT Discussion Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The WAYWT Discussion Thread - Page 5260  

post #78886 of 117668
Not all small local joints do a proper job. Surprise
post #78887 of 117668


UU
BOO
Uniqlo
WhiteMountaineering
post #78888 of 117668
Quote:
Originally Posted by indesertum View Post

Not all small local joints do a proper job. Surprise

Ha I'd say the majority, especially if you include those shitty little kiosks everywhere
post #78889 of 117668
I think you have to find the places that are selling the right beans. A lot of shops sell shitty beans and they end up as shitty coffee
post #78890 of 117668
Quote:
Originally Posted by reedobandito View Post

Yea, I mean I've had some REALLY bad coffee at local small operations. Like, so bad I don't even understand, and this has been my experience for the vast majority of independent places. Certainly, we're spoiled in Portland and there are a huge number of fantastic coffee joints, but sometimes it's easy to walk a block down the street and grab a cup of SB iced coffee and throw in a bit of cream.

consistent != good. i like dark roast coffee and I still think starbucks is fucking burnt to a crisp.
post #78891 of 117668
the blonde roast is i think acceptable, but after trying a few i'd never order an espresso or espresso based drink at starbucks

one thing i'll give to starbucks are the joints (like the one in soho) that have clover machines. coffee from a clover machine is soo good. and they use great beans for them too
post #78892 of 117668
post #78893 of 117668
I just need caffiene to keep me awake but when I drink for taste I like to french press the KMO stuff i get or pick up beans from some of the local stores. I haven't sampled enough to really know what is good and what i like.
post #78894 of 117668
Quote:
Originally Posted by indesertum View Post

the blonde roast is i think acceptable, but after trying a few i'd never order an espresso or espresso based drink at starbucks
one thing i'll give to starbucks are the joints (like the one in soho) that have clover machines. coffee from a clover machine is soo good. and they use great beans for them too


Yea I love Clover coffee so damn much, the difference is really remarkable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benesyed View Post

I just need caffiene to keep me awake but when I drink for taste I like to french press the KMO stuff i get or pick up beans from some of the local stores. I haven't sampled enough to really know what is good and what i like.

French Press is the best way to make coffee at home imo, so easy and super smooth/silky
post #78895 of 117668
Quote:
Originally Posted by reedobandito View Post

French Press is the best way to make coffee at home imo, so easy and super smooth/silky

usually do in the mornings, but sometimes i make the little mokka stovetop which is decent. and on other occasions the turko-arabic pot for some strong and spicy tastes

post #78896 of 117668
moka is nice. i'd love to do turkish coffee someday, but i'd need a pretty damn nice grinder
post #78897 of 117668
i used to buy nice beans for my french press, but now all I've been able to afford is giant brand. plebe status shog[1].gif
post #78898 of 117668
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike868y View Post

i used to buy nice beans for my french press, but now all I've been able to afford is giant brand. plebe status shog[1].gif

Fav of recent: http://www.vervecoffeeroasters.com/products/worka
post #78899 of 117668
If you guys care enough about coffee to use a French press, do yourselves a favor and pick up a nice burr grinder. The uniformity in grind can't be matched and makes your coffee even better.
post #78900 of 117668
I got a manual burr grinder off amazon for like $40 i think. definitely not the nicest but it works.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The WAYWT Discussion Thread