Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- What color of DRESS shirt to wear with DARK blue jeans? Last post on 11/4/10 at 7:44am in Classic Menswear
- MARGARET HOWELL Fall/Winter 2013 Last post on Yesterday at 9:31 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- After Hours Look Last post on 2/23/14 at 5:19pm in Streetwear and Denim
- shirts and general fit question for V shaped body Last post on 4/29/13 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my ModernTailor shirt fit & measurements Last post on 9/1/11 at 10:42am in Classic Menswear
Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how should I wash them
Last edited: 5/19/16
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Where should the points on my shirt collar lie in relation to my...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Are APCs a good starter pair of raw denim jeans?Last edited: 1/27/16
- Can the Waistband from Selvedge Jeans be taken in?Last edited: 1/27/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
The WAYWT Discussion Thread - Page 5258post #78856 of 11766611/3/12 at 3:27pmpost #78857 of 11766611/3/12 at 3:28pmQuote:
I'm in the minority on this, but the proportions on this SS coat have never looked quite right. The long alpaca coat from the Frozen Waves collection is on my shortlist of grail items. Part of the appeal for me was how the voluminous nature and distinctive way part of the interior is visible was complimented by the longer body. The cropped version looks off to me because you have those features, but then there's the sharp contrast caused by the much shorter body, which is accentuated when the coat is buttoned up.post #78858 of 11766611/3/12 at 3:28pmpost #78859 of 11766611/3/12 at 3:32pmpost #78860 of 11766611/3/12 at 3:39pmpost #78861 of 11766611/3/12 at 3:43pmQuote:
Merino long coat is about as rare as a Bless hoodcoat, I dunno if I've ever seen one pop up in all wool other than Sipangs recent, which is
And yea, aether's hat looks surprisingly unaffected, as those often dopost #78862 of 11766611/3/12 at 3:53pmpost #78863 of 11766611/3/12 at 3:54pmpost #78864 of 11766611/3/12 at 3:55pmpost #78865 of 11766611/3/12 at 3:59pmQuote:
Most of those have been part wool and part canvas or moleskin tho right? And none have been particularly beautiful
And yea, the Hoodcoat pops up in different variations, but the black wool version is pretty rare I think. I like yours a lot gpost #78866 of 11766611/3/12 at 4:10pmQuote:Originally Posted by conceptual 4est
total vanity post but I really don't care.
sort of a transformation too since I'm posting these in chronological order, although I still regularly wear everything here (except the BDU in the first pic).
Also noticing that most of these involve a few repeating pieces (brown junya cords, denim or chambray shirts, green junya jacket)
Are you the actor from "Pi"?post #78867 of 11766611/3/12 at 4:15pmpost #78868 of 11766611/3/12 at 4:20pmI agree that the navy merino is a grail. Couldn't afford it a year ago and shit outta luck now unfortunately.
Wasn't sure about the alpaca when I got it tbh. I'm learning to embrace it more now as something way looser than my normal stuff, and it it is pretty damn comfy.
I'm always lookin for advice on styling and such, toopost #78869 of 11766611/3/12 at 6:23pmpost #78870 of 11766611/3/12 at 7:53pmQuote:
Synthese - i like your style, man.
aether - put me on team, "guys that thought your last fit was legit."
This thread is locked
- The WAYWT Discussion Thread
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...
- › Balmoral Boot Porn 1 minute ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part two (Rolex, Patek Philippe, ... 2 minutes ago
- › Eidos Napoli 6 minutes ago
- › Stephan Schneider. You'll Always Find Me In The Kitchen At Parties. 7 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 8 minutes ago
- › Cool furniture, design objects and desiderata 9 minutes ago
- › ***Finally an Official Baller sneaker thread ($300 minimum)*** 10 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 10 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 12 minutes ago
- › Official: Superhero, Comic Book, Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Horror, etc...... 12 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...