Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- What color of DRESS shirt to wear with DARK blue jeans? Last post on 11/4/10 at 7:44am in Classic Menswear
- MARGARET HOWELL Fall/Winter 2013 Last post on 6/19/15 at 4:28am in Streetwear and Denim
- After Hours Look Last post on 2/23/14 at 5:19pm in Streetwear and Denim
- shirts and general fit question for V shaped body Last post on 4/29/13 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my ModernTailor shirt fit & measurements Last post on 9/1/11 at 10:42am in Classic Menswear
CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...
Last edited: 3/30/15
- What I Learned from Slim DenimLast edited: 12/21/14
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
The WAYWT Discussion Thread - Page 5258post #78856 of 11766811/3/12 at 3:25pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #78857 of 11766811/3/12 at 3:25pmpost #78858 of 11766811/3/12 at 3:27pmpost #78859 of 11766811/3/12 at 3:28pmQuote:
I'm in the minority on this, but the proportions on this SS coat have never looked quite right. The long alpaca coat from the Frozen Waves collection is on my shortlist of grail items. Part of the appeal for me was how the voluminous nature and distinctive way part of the interior is visible was complimented by the longer body. The cropped version looks off to me because you have those features, but then there's the sharp contrast caused by the much shorter body, which is accentuated when the coat is buttoned up.post #78860 of 11766811/3/12 at 3:28pmpost #78861 of 11766811/3/12 at 3:32pmpost #78862 of 11766811/3/12 at 3:39pmpost #78863 of 11766811/3/12 at 3:43pmQuote:
Merino long coat is about as rare as a Bless hoodcoat, I dunno if I've ever seen one pop up in all wool other than Sipangs recent, which is
And yea, aether's hat looks surprisingly unaffected, as those often dopost #78864 of 11766811/3/12 at 3:53pmpost #78865 of 11766811/3/12 at 3:54pmpost #78866 of 11766811/3/12 at 3:55pmpost #78867 of 11766811/3/12 at 3:59pmQuote:
Most of those have been part wool and part canvas or moleskin tho right? And none have been particularly beautiful
And yea, the Hoodcoat pops up in different variations, but the black wool version is pretty rare I think. I like yours a lot gpost #78868 of 11766811/3/12 at 4:10pmQuote:Originally Posted by conceptual 4est
total vanity post but I really don't care.
sort of a transformation too since I'm posting these in chronological order, although I still regularly wear everything here (except the BDU in the first pic).
Also noticing that most of these involve a few repeating pieces (brown junya cords, denim or chambray shirts, green junya jacket)
Are you the actor from "Pi"?post #78869 of 11766811/3/12 at 4:15pmpost #78870 of 11766811/3/12 at 4:20pmI agree that the navy merino is a grail. Couldn't afford it a year ago and shit outta luck now unfortunately.
Wasn't sure about the alpaca when I got it tbh. I'm learning to embrace it more now as something way looser than my normal stuff, and it it is pretty damn comfy.
I'm always lookin for advice on styling and such, too
This thread is locked
- The WAYWT Discussion Thread
- What I Learned from Slim Denim
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 5 seconds ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 39 seconds ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 1 minute ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 1 minute ago
- › MC General Chat 1 minute ago
- › LOAKE APPRECIATION & SHOE P0RN THREAD 2 minutes ago
- › SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread 3 minutes ago
- › what gets damaged when a non-wool jacket is washed? 6 minutes ago
- › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** 7 minutes ago
- › Cool furniture, design objects and desiderata 8 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 5: We Dye Stuff Blue
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 6: Junky Special,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 7: This Is The End
- › The #StyFoJapan EDC
- › The Styleforum x Huckberry Father's Day...
- › Fok's Gift Guide for Dads Who Refuse to...