Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- What color of DRESS shirt to wear with DARK blue jeans? Last post on 11/4/10 at 7:44am in Classic Menswear
- After Hours Look Last post on 10/16/12 at 7:16pm in Streetwear and Denim
- shirts and general fit question for V shaped body Last post on 4/29/13 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my ModernTailor shirt fit & measurements Last post on 9/1/11 at 10:42am in Classic Menswear
- High-quality white shirt on short notice (in New York?) Last post on 12/15/12 at 5:06am in Classic Menswear
What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Bison Made
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- Crane's Country Store
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Four Horsemen Shop
- GABE Tailored
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- Hugh & Crye
- Jeffrey George
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Malford of London
- Meermin Mallorca
- Moda Republic
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Street Bootmakers
- Passaggio Cravatte
- Paul Evans
- Portland Dry Goods
- Roden Gray
- Saddleback Leather
- Self Edge
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- United Stock Dry Goods
- Upstate Stock
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
The WAYWT Discussion Thread - Page 5186
Styleforum Top Picks
I had a Styleforum X Real-life day yesterday, I will share here.
I went to a reunion / meet-and-greet / let's get together and pretend we rule the universe event, at a very exclusive club. Since American Pyscho is the official movie of styleforum, think of what they behaved like in the restaurant scene at the start, or in the lobby lounge talking about girls shutting up (when Bateman mentions the Wisconsin axe-murderer or something like that).
I am a humble creature with heart and soul, so I don't particularly relish these events, but one is duty-bound to put on a brave face.
First, I need to deck out (MC) and I do. Zegna Trofeo suit....Zilli tie....Brioni shirt...Brioni belt...Brioni socks...Lobb shoes....all matched to CDHagg levels of obsessiveness but without the Mr Moo ridiculously-over-the-top vulgarian nouveau-riche buffonishness.
I go, park my car and get out and walk towards the building.
Just like in American Psycho, there is a homeless-guy sitting on a park bench, with his beautiful German Shepherd. As I walk by, he says "You look nice!!" with a big smile.
Do I pull a Patrick Bateman, tell him to get a job, stab him, and trample his dog to death? No! Even with my former full styleforum membership, I don't. I just say "Thank you!" and he gives me a big hearty friendly laugh!
People gaze admiringly at you all the time...women, ugly women, guys, trannies, CDHagg-like creatures....but it's aheartwarming when a shabby hobo with a gorgeous dog compliments you.
Next, the event...and it is American Psycho businesscard fest with the vengeance.
Because it was sponsored by a foreign company, there were shitloads of Euros there, and they tended to stick together. I venture out to meet the Americans.
I nearly fainted! THERE WAS A STANLEY VAN BUREN THERE!! A gentleman who looked EXACTLY like Stanley van Buren. I wish I could post a picture, maybe I'll post his linkedin photo to prove my point. We do similar work, so he started talking in depth, all smiles and friendliness. But I couldn't pay attention to anything he was saying, it was so eerie seeing Stanley van Buren staring at you in real-life. I had to bite my tongue to stop laughing...who wouldn't want to start laughing at Stanley van Buren if they ever met Stanley van Buren! He even had a Stanley van Buren style of dressing, maybe it's an American thing. A Stanley van Buren physique, and Stanley van Buren way of standing...even when holding a glass. Perhaps he was thinning a bit more on top than Stanley van Buren. I had to be careful not to call him Stanley accidentally.
Anyways, I left a little earlier than the rest....these events are not my cup of tea. I went home and we made late-night pork and clams a la Alentejana....which I think Eason posted a photo eating in Macao for his birthday earlier! The catering at the event was great...port and single malts were superb...but I prefer our home-made soul food.
I understand this mindset with a lot of footwear, but are you really saying you can't buy second-hand clothing?
I went outside, got on my bike (as in bicycle), rode to city centre, went to a restaurant,
smoked outside on the street between second and third course, and rode back home
after dinner. Does that count?
- The WAYWT Discussion Thread
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 26 seconds ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 1 minute ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 2 minutes ago
- › What Movies Are You Watching Lately 2 minutes ago
- › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here 3 minutes ago
- › Stephan Schneider. You'll Always Find Me In The Kitchen At Parties. 3 minutes ago
- › Common Project Light Gray Suede Achilles - 42 4 minutes ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 4 minutes ago
- › Things that are pissing you off. 5 minutes ago
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › Adidas x The Soloist Rod Laver Vin by BenMusch
- › Loake 1880 Aldwych by wurger
- › Herschel Ravine Black/Tan FA 12 by pfmicks
- › Vans Footwear The Barbour Classic Slip On Sneaker,10.5,Green by ATLnoob
- › Berg & Berg unlined silk bow tie (SS'13) by MTB-85
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques... by mimo
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits by LA Guy
- › San Francisco Shopping Map by j
- › So you want to design your own clothes? by DaveJames
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras) by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans) by alyssaw