Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- What color of DRESS shirt to wear with DARK blue jeans? Last post on 11/4/10 at 7:44am in Classic Menswear
- MARGARET HOWELL Fall/Winter 2013 Last post on 2/5/16 at 9:34am in Streetwear and Denim
- After Hours Look Last post on 2/23/14 at 5:19pm in Streetwear and Denim
- shirts and general fit question for V shaped body Last post on 4/29/13 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my ModernTailor shirt fit & measurements Last post on 9/1/11 at 10:42am in Classic Menswear
Are APCs a good starter pair of raw denim jeans?
Last edited: 1/27/16
- Can the Waistband from Selvedge Jeans be taken in?Last edited: 1/27/16
- A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & HideLast edited: 12/7/15
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...Last edited: 12/9/15
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...Last edited: 3/30/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The WAYWT Discussion Thread - Page 5185post #77761 of 11766610/12/12 at 9:33am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #77762 of 11766610/12/12 at 9:38amQuote:Originally Posted by Bam!ChairDance
Kitchenaid is is like a shot antelope, it's on its last leg and needs to be put out of its misery soon. The first collections were OK, but then they stopped hand beveling their carousels (to save money? beats me). And the plastic quality has gone down significantly. Rumor has it that Sandro Kitchenaid doesn't even design for the label anymore.
Luckily I have a guy in SoHo make all my microwaves for me. He hand carves the buttons and everything.
True, but at sale prices quality still can't be beat. Those SoHo indie guys know they can charge a redic premium. The 2k difference is not a 2k difference. You know it. I know it. Everyone knows it. And you just know whenever they make some really fugly ass piece its going to get way more respect and a higher price tag just because it hasnt become the bandwagon yet.post #77763 of 11766610/12/12 at 9:50ampost #77764 of 11766610/12/12 at 10:00amQuote:Originally Posted by Bam!ChairDance
Imyouricecreamman, I'm a moderator at the Microwave Forum, so I can safely say you need to step up your microwave game asap. The wattage, wavelength, and grade of plastic are way off on that particular model. I'm not even sure it has a beveled carousel, which is a necessity if you're even considering becoming a microwave enthusiast. Oh, and I'm pretty sure the pegs holding up that microwave are made from Taiwanese silicone. You really need Peruvian silicone if you're looking for quality. PM me and I'll set you straight.
miran?post #77765 of 11766610/12/12 at 10:04ampost #77766 of 11766610/12/12 at 10:17amQuote:A grail is by definition something that is difficult to procure.Originally Posted by Benesyed
I thought grails were just an item that you really wanted. None of the items I really want are particularily rare. Most of the rare stuff is unwearable for me/don't want to go to all the work to make it wearable
I guez i haz no grailz
Also, n00b question but how do I delete a post?post #77767 of 11766610/12/12 at 10:30ampost #77768 of 11766610/12/12 at 10:41am
I had a Styleforum X Real-life day yesterday, I will share here.
I went to a reunion / meet-and-greet / let's get together and pretend we rule the universe event, at a very exclusive club. Since American Pyscho is the official movie of styleforum, think of what they behaved like in the restaurant scene at the start, or in the lobby lounge talking about girls shutting up (when Bateman mentions the Wisconsin axe-murderer or something like that).
I am a humble creature with heart and soul, so I don't particularly relish these events, but one is duty-bound to put on a brave face.
First, I need to deck out (MC) and I do. Zegna Trofeo suit....Zilli tie....Brioni shirt...Brioni belt...Brioni socks...Lobb shoes....all matched to CDHagg levels of obsessiveness but without the Mr Moo ridiculously-over-the-top vulgarian nouveau-riche buffonishness.
I go, park my car and get out and walk towards the building.
Just like in American Psycho, there is a homeless-guy sitting on a park bench, with his beautiful German Shepherd. As I walk by, he says "You look nice!!" with a big smile.
Do I pull a Patrick Bateman, tell him to get a job, stab him, and trample his dog to death? No! Even with my former full styleforum membership, I don't. I just say "Thank you!" and he gives me a big hearty friendly laugh!
People gaze admiringly at you all the time...women, ugly women, guys, trannies, CDHagg-like creatures....but it's aheartwarming when a shabby hobo with a gorgeous dog compliments you.
Next, the event...and it is American Psycho businesscard fest with the vengeance.
Because it was sponsored by a foreign company, there were shitloads of Euros there, and they tended to stick together. I venture out to meet the Americans.
I nearly fainted! THERE WAS A STANLEY VAN BUREN THERE!! A gentleman who looked EXACTLY like Stanley van Buren. I wish I could post a picture, maybe I'll post his linkedin photo to prove my point. We do similar work, so he started talking in depth, all smiles and friendliness. But I couldn't pay attention to anything he was saying, it was so eerie seeing Stanley van Buren staring at you in real-life. I had to bite my tongue to stop laughing...who wouldn't want to start laughing at Stanley van Buren if they ever met Stanley van Buren! He even had a Stanley van Buren style of dressing, maybe it's an American thing. A Stanley van Buren physique, and Stanley van Buren way of standing...even when holding a glass. Perhaps he was thinning a bit more on top than Stanley van Buren. I had to be careful not to call him Stanley accidentally.
Anyways, I left a little earlier than the rest....these events are not my cup of tea. I went home and we made late-night pork and clams a la Alentejana....which I think Eason posted a photo eating in Macao for his birthday earlier! The catering at the event was great...port and single malts were superb...but I prefer our home-made soul food.post #77769 of 11766610/12/12 at 10:52ampost #77770 of 11766610/12/12 at 10:56ampost #77771 of 11766610/12/12 at 10:56ampost #77772 of 11766610/12/12 at 11:04ampost #77773 of 11766610/12/12 at 11:15ampost #77774 of 11766610/12/12 at 11:15amQuote:
I understand this mindset with a lot of footwear, but are you really saying you can't buy second-hand clothing?
This thread is locked
- The WAYWT Discussion Thread
- Can the Waistband from Selvedge Jeans be taken in?
- › What did you eat last night for dinner? 8 seconds ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 1 minute ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 3 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 3 minutes ago
- › NWOT Boglioli K sport coat - 50L - 100% cashmere 3 minutes ago
- › Yanko - Made In Spain Shoes 4 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 5 minutes ago
- › things that are making you happy 6 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Toronto Thread 6 minutes ago
- › TyCooN's Official Boxing Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › What products do I use and how to I care for...
- › Exclusive Indochino Sale! 2 Suits for 800$...
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.