Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- What color of DRESS shirt to wear with DARK blue jeans? Last post on 11/4/10 at 7:44am in Classic Menswear
- MARGARET HOWELL Fall/Winter 2013 Last post on 6/22/16 at 6:47pm in Streetwear and Denim
- After Hours Look Last post on 2/23/14 at 5:19pm in Streetwear and Denim
- shirts and general fit question for V shaped body Last post on 4/29/13 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my ModernTailor shirt fit & measurements Last post on 9/1/11 at 10:42am in Classic Menswear
Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how should I wash them
Last edited: 5/19/16
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Where should the points on my shirt collar lie in relation to my...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Are APCs a good starter pair of raw denim jeans?Last edited: 1/27/16
- Can the Waistband from Selvedge Jeans be taken in?Last edited: 1/27/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The WAYWT Discussion Thread - Page 5185post #77761 of 11766610/12/12 at 9:33ampost #77762 of 11766610/12/12 at 9:38amQuote:Originally Posted by Bam!ChairDance
Kitchenaid is is like a shot antelope, it's on its last leg and needs to be put out of its misery soon. The first collections were OK, but then they stopped hand beveling their carousels (to save money? beats me). And the plastic quality has gone down significantly. Rumor has it that Sandro Kitchenaid doesn't even design for the label anymore.
Luckily I have a guy in SoHo make all my microwaves for me. He hand carves the buttons and everything.
True, but at sale prices quality still can't be beat. Those SoHo indie guys know they can charge a redic premium. The 2k difference is not a 2k difference. You know it. I know it. Everyone knows it. And you just know whenever they make some really fugly ass piece its going to get way more respect and a higher price tag just because it hasnt become the bandwagon yet.post #77763 of 11766610/12/12 at 9:50ampost #77764 of 11766610/12/12 at 10:00amQuote:Originally Posted by Bam!ChairDance
Imyouricecreamman, I'm a moderator at the Microwave Forum, so I can safely say you need to step up your microwave game asap. The wattage, wavelength, and grade of plastic are way off on that particular model. I'm not even sure it has a beveled carousel, which is a necessity if you're even considering becoming a microwave enthusiast. Oh, and I'm pretty sure the pegs holding up that microwave are made from Taiwanese silicone. You really need Peruvian silicone if you're looking for quality. PM me and I'll set you straight.
miran?post #77765 of 11766610/12/12 at 10:04ampost #77766 of 11766610/12/12 at 10:17amQuote:A grail is by definition something that is difficult to procure.Originally Posted by Benesyed
I thought grails were just an item that you really wanted. None of the items I really want are particularily rare. Most of the rare stuff is unwearable for me/don't want to go to all the work to make it wearable
I guez i haz no grailz
Also, n00b question but how do I delete a post?post #77767 of 11766610/12/12 at 10:30ampost #77768 of 11766610/12/12 at 10:41am
I had a Styleforum X Real-life day yesterday, I will share here.
I went to a reunion / meet-and-greet / let's get together and pretend we rule the universe event, at a very exclusive club. Since American Pyscho is the official movie of styleforum, think of what they behaved like in the restaurant scene at the start, or in the lobby lounge talking about girls shutting up (when Bateman mentions the Wisconsin axe-murderer or something like that).
I am a humble creature with heart and soul, so I don't particularly relish these events, but one is duty-bound to put on a brave face.
First, I need to deck out (MC) and I do. Zegna Trofeo suit....Zilli tie....Brioni shirt...Brioni belt...Brioni socks...Lobb shoes....all matched to CDHagg levels of obsessiveness but without the Mr Moo ridiculously-over-the-top vulgarian nouveau-riche buffonishness.
I go, park my car and get out and walk towards the building.
Just like in American Psycho, there is a homeless-guy sitting on a park bench, with his beautiful German Shepherd. As I walk by, he says "You look nice!!" with a big smile.
Do I pull a Patrick Bateman, tell him to get a job, stab him, and trample his dog to death? No! Even with my former full styleforum membership, I don't. I just say "Thank you!" and he gives me a big hearty friendly laugh!
People gaze admiringly at you all the time...women, ugly women, guys, trannies, CDHagg-like creatures....but it's aheartwarming when a shabby hobo with a gorgeous dog compliments you.
Next, the event...and it is American Psycho businesscard fest with the vengeance.
Because it was sponsored by a foreign company, there were shitloads of Euros there, and they tended to stick together. I venture out to meet the Americans.
I nearly fainted! THERE WAS A STANLEY VAN BUREN THERE!! A gentleman who looked EXACTLY like Stanley van Buren. I wish I could post a picture, maybe I'll post his linkedin photo to prove my point. We do similar work, so he started talking in depth, all smiles and friendliness. But I couldn't pay attention to anything he was saying, it was so eerie seeing Stanley van Buren staring at you in real-life. I had to bite my tongue to stop laughing...who wouldn't want to start laughing at Stanley van Buren if they ever met Stanley van Buren! He even had a Stanley van Buren style of dressing, maybe it's an American thing. A Stanley van Buren physique, and Stanley van Buren way of standing...even when holding a glass. Perhaps he was thinning a bit more on top than Stanley van Buren. I had to be careful not to call him Stanley accidentally.
Anyways, I left a little earlier than the rest....these events are not my cup of tea. I went home and we made late-night pork and clams a la Alentejana....which I think Eason posted a photo eating in Macao for his birthday earlier! The catering at the event was great...port and single malts were superb...but I prefer our home-made soul food.post #77769 of 11766610/12/12 at 10:52ampost #77770 of 11766610/12/12 at 10:56ampost #77771 of 11766610/12/12 at 10:56ampost #77772 of 11766610/12/12 at 11:04ampost #77773 of 11766610/12/12 at 11:15ampost #77774 of 11766610/12/12 at 11:15amQuote:
I understand this mindset with a lot of footwear, but are you really saying you can't buy second-hand clothing?post #77775 of 11766610/12/12 at 11:28am
This thread is locked
- The WAYWT Discussion Thread
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...
- › What wallet do you use? 3 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 7 minutes ago
- › Yellow Hook Appreciation Thread 10 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 14 minutes ago
- › Opinion on Istante by Versace Shirts 15 minutes ago
- › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here... 16 minutes ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 18 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's,... 20 minutes ago
- › What to wear for my engagement? 24 minutes ago
- › Leather Jackets 25 minutes ago
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding