Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- What color of DRESS shirt to wear with DARK blue jeans? Last post on 11/4/10 at 7:44am in Classic Menswear
- MARGARET HOWELL Fall/Winter 2013 Last post on 3/13/15 at 2:34am in Streetwear and Denim
- After Hours Look Last post on 2/23/14 at 5:19pm in Streetwear and Denim
- shirts and general fit question for V shaped body Last post on 4/29/13 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my ModernTailor shirt fit & measurements Last post on 9/1/11 at 10:42am in Classic Menswear
CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...
Last edited: 3/10/15
- What I Learned from Slim DenimLast edited: 12/21/14
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The WAYWT Discussion Thread - Page 5175post #77611 of 11766810/9/12 at 9:18pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #77612 of 11766810/9/12 at 9:37pmpost #77613 of 11766810/9/12 at 9:53pmQuote:Originally Posted by elisiX
If we were in MC casual then I'd agree, however were not and I don't. I'm wearing sneakers and for 90% of the day, the blazer is on a hanger in my office. Further to this, the vast majority of people in my office, mostly men, are developers and wear a t shirt and jeans/trackies. They dress like bums off the street for the most part.
Thanks for the feedback all the same.
a huge portion of the best dressed people on this forum wear nothing but 'jeans/trackies and a tshirt'. take the bib off and follow their lead.post #77614 of 11766810/9/12 at 11:18pmQuote:Originally Posted by Rambo
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show) Is that a Marlboro patch?
Haha Its the old Marlboro supreme jacket from years ago.
Cheers for the comments all, for those that asked pants are carhartt, the cut is called sid.post #77615 of 11766810/10/12 at 12:49ampost #77616 of 11766810/10/12 at 3:25amQuote:Originally Posted by Bam!ChairDance
I mean, if you prefer untucked as a personal thing or whatever, just go with a shorter shirt. Tucked would still be the better option for the aesthetic you're going for, but at least a shorter shirt would look less waterfally.
On that note, I'm not sure your current shirt would look good untucked even without the blazer-- it's pretty long.
Thanks for the above. I see your point on the shorter length shirts and will take it on board. Regarding my preference for the shirt to be tucked or not, there is none really, but the reality is that no one dresses formally or even smart casual like this at my work. It's IT and very casual.
I have nothing anything against a much more relaxed look for my devs, but I wouldn't dress so casually myself in the office as I am a client facing senior manager. Furthermore, tucking the shirt in would gain a few laughs in such a casual environment. It's just not necessary or appropriate.
Of course it looks better tucked in, particularly with a blazer and chinos, but its not ideal for my day to day. Different company or role, sure, I'd be all over the tuck if it was appropriate. This isn't an excuse as you put it Brad. It's my take on the situation. I never claimed to be an expert.
Thanks again.post #77617 of 11766810/10/12 at 6:02ampost #77618 of 11766810/10/12 at 8:34ampost #77619 of 11766810/10/12 at 8:50ampost #77620 of 11766810/10/12 at 8:52ampost #77621 of 11766810/10/12 at 8:58ampost #77622 of 11766810/10/12 at 9:50ampost #77623 of 11766810/10/12 at 10:03ampost #77624 of 11766810/10/12 at 10:05ampost #77625 of 11766810/10/12 at 10:13amQuote:Quote:
+1 to both these, jacket looks great
This thread is locked
- The WAYWT Discussion Thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- What I Learned from Slim Denim
Currently, there are 983 Active Users (203 Members and 780 Guests)
- › Carmina Shoes : Reviews, Sizing, Photos and More 31 seconds ago
- › The Walking Dead (AMC) 8 minutes ago
- › Shoe Damage Report & Shoe P0rn Central - Part II 13 minutes ago
- › Womens Health And Fitness �� You Need To Pay Attention Now 13 minutes ago
- › ***Finally an Official Baller sneaker thread ($300 minimum)*** 14 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 17 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 17 minutes ago
- › LOVe proBLEm +919799138999 )) GEt yoUR lovE BaCK BY vashikaran in... 20 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 20 minutes ago
- › LOVe proBLEm +919799138999 )) GEt yoUR lovE BaCK BY vashikaran in... 21 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › The ten least expensive cars to insure in the US
- › The Styleforum Brief: March 2015
- › Going Places: A Brief Trip to Naples
- › One Sneaker to Rule Them All: The Rise of the...
- › People Who Make Our Lives Better: Jack...
- › CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best...
- › Fok's Pick: Quilted Vests
- › A Suit Well-Traveled: Clark Gable’s...
- › Six questions to ask when vetting your...
- › The truth about how to be great at content...