Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- What color of DRESS shirt to wear with DARK blue jeans? Last post on 11/4/10 at 7:44am in Classic Menswear
- MARGARET HOWELL Fall/Winter 2013 Last post on 3/13/15 at 2:34am in Streetwear and Denim
- After Hours Look Last post on 2/23/14 at 5:19pm in Streetwear and Denim
- shirts and general fit question for V shaped body Last post on 4/29/13 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my ModernTailor shirt fit & measurements Last post on 9/1/11 at 10:42am in Classic Menswear
CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...
Last edited: 3/10/15
- What I Learned from Slim DenimLast edited: 12/21/14
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The WAYWT Discussion Thread - Page 5158post #77356 of 11766810/5/12 at 7:59am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #77357 of 11766810/5/12 at 8:37ampost #77358 of 11766810/5/12 at 8:47ampost #77359 of 11766810/5/12 at 8:54ampost #77360 of 11766810/5/12 at 8:56ampost #77361 of 11766810/5/12 at 8:57ampost #77362 of 11766810/5/12 at 9:10ampost #77363 of 11766810/5/12 at 9:14ampost #77364 of 11766810/5/12 at 9:50ampost #77365 of 11766810/5/12 at 9:58ampost #77366 of 11766810/5/12 at 10:00ampost #77367 of 11766810/5/12 at 10:04ampost #77368 of 11766810/5/12 at 10:07ampost #77369 of 11766810/5/12 at 10:10am
This looks not dissimilar from some of my early fits here so let me give you some thoughts.
The cardi is simultaneously too small and too big for you. It's too small in the shoulders/chest, and is not hugging the collar of your shirt which looks bad as there's a huge gap there. But then it's too big around the waist and looks slouchy, which can be a cool look but it would need to be slouchy all over and this isn't.
A tie with jeans is almost never going to look good. It looks like a knit tie so I'm sure you're going to say it's a casual tie but that's just what GQ wants you to believe and it's not really true. Women have a rule about taking one thing off before you walk out the door and if I were apply this to your fit, the tie would definitely be the thing to lose. The shirt is actually ok and the cardi might be ok if unbuttoned (along with unbuttoning the shirt at the collar).
Those jeans aren't the best but not the worst I've ever seen. They are verging on dad-jean status but not quite there. Typically people here like to see jeans either cuffed or stacked and it looks like you might have just enough length for a single cuff which is what I would recommend here.
Shoes are also ok but definitely not good in context with the tie (but again, lose the tie first). I honestly don't really know what to recommend on the shoes so maybe someone else can chime in here, but they are definitely more casual so either the rest of the outfit needs to be, or you need to change the shoes to something else.post #77370 of 11766810/5/12 at 10:11am
This thread is locked
- The WAYWT Discussion Thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- What I Learned from Slim Denim
- › Brunello Cucinelli Cashmere Sweaters pants and peacoat 15 seconds ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 1 minute ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 1 minute ago
- › The new official TOJ thread - updates, complaints, etc... 2 minutes ago
- › The (Un)Official Thrift Buy /Sell / Trade / Want Thread 3 minutes ago
- › John Elliott + Co - official affiliate thread 4 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 7 minutes ago
- › LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread 7 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 8 minutes ago
- › Cool furniture, design objects and desiderata 8 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › The ten least expensive cars to insure in the US
- › The Styleforum Brief: March 2015
- › Going Places: A Brief Trip to Naples
- › One Sneaker to Rule Them All: The Rise of the...
- › People Who Make Our Lives Better: Jack...
- › CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best...
- › Fok's Pick: Quilted Vests
- › A Suit Well-Traveled: Clark Gable’s...
- › Six questions to ask when vetting your...
- › The truth about how to be great at content...