Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- What color of DRESS shirt to wear with DARK blue jeans? Last post on 11/4/10 at 7:44am in Classic Menswear
- After Hours Look Last post on 2/23/14 at 5:19pm in Streetwear and Denim
- shirts and general fit question for V shaped body Last post on 4/29/13 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my ModernTailor shirt fit & measurements Last post on 9/1/11 at 10:42am in Classic Menswear
- High-quality white shirt on short notice (in New York?) Last post on 10/6/14 at 12:01pm in Classic Menswear
What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gagliano & Company
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Urban Fine Socks
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
The WAYWT Discussion Thread - Page 5158
Styleforum Top Picks
This looks not dissimilar from some of my early fits here so let me give you some thoughts.
The cardi is simultaneously too small and too big for you. It's too small in the shoulders/chest, and is not hugging the collar of your shirt which looks bad as there's a huge gap there. But then it's too big around the waist and looks slouchy, which can be a cool look but it would need to be slouchy all over and this isn't.
A tie with jeans is almost never going to look good. It looks like a knit tie so I'm sure you're going to say it's a casual tie but that's just what GQ wants you to believe and it's not really true. Women have a rule about taking one thing off before you walk out the door and if I were apply this to your fit, the tie would definitely be the thing to lose. The shirt is actually ok and the cardi might be ok if unbuttoned (along with unbuttoning the shirt at the collar).
Those jeans aren't the best but not the worst I've ever seen. They are verging on dad-jean status but not quite there. Typically people here like to see jeans either cuffed or stacked and it looks like you might have just enough length for a single cuff which is what I would recommend here.
Shoes are also ok but definitely not good in context with the tie (but again, lose the tie first). I honestly don't really know what to recommend on the shoes so maybe someone else can chime in here, but they are definitely more casual so either the rest of the outfit needs to be, or you need to change the shoes to something else.
- The WAYWT Discussion Thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- › Styleforum 2014 Holiday Charity Auctions - 100% of proceeds go to... 8 seconds ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 9 seconds ago
- › WvsG Super 120's Plaid Shirt BD Size L (fits like M) 54 seconds ago
- › Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos 1 minute ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 5 minutes ago
- › Fake or Real (Authentic, Genuine, etc.) -- Official Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Sportcoat: choosing from 2 fabrics 10 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 11 minutes ago
- › Introduce yourself. 11 minutes ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 12 minutes ago
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › The Styleforum Brief: December 2014
- › What I Learned from Slim Denim
- › How to Smell Fabulous for the Holidays
- › Last Minute Gifts for Dad
- › The Joy of Bad Christmas Movies
- › Styleforum Interviews Yasuto Kamoshita of...
- › The Styleforum Brief: November 2014
- › Prof. Fab’s Holiday Gift Guide: In...
- › MEET THE PRESS
- › How to Survive the Holidays with Your...