Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- What color of DRESS shirt to wear with DARK blue jeans? Last post on 11/4/10 at 7:44am in Classic Menswear
- MARGARET HOWELL Fall/Winter 2013 Last post on 6/22/16 at 6:47pm in Streetwear and Denim
- After Hours Look Last post on 2/23/14 at 5:19pm in Streetwear and Denim
- shirts and general fit question for V shaped body Last post on 4/29/13 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my ModernTailor shirt fit & measurements Last post on 9/1/11 at 10:42am in Classic Menswear
Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how should I wash them
Last edited: 5/19/16
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Where should the points on my shirt collar lie in relation to my...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Are APCs a good starter pair of raw denim jeans?Last edited: 1/27/16
- Can the Waistband from Selvedge Jeans be taken in?Last edited: 1/27/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The WAYWT Discussion Thread - Page 5147post #77191 of 11766610/2/12 at 7:48pmpost #77192 of 11766610/2/12 at 7:55pm
Let me just take this opportunity to say that the past couple weeks has seen TONS of great fits in this thread. It's been really refreshing and there are some new users who are contributing some pretty cool stuff and different ideas.
Now back to your biweekly bitchfest.post #77193 of 11766610/2/12 at 8:03pmpost #77194 of 11766610/2/12 at 8:10pmpost #77195 of 11766610/2/12 at 8:20pm
you only dress for society?
if you had a shirt that you really really liked, and a lot of people thought was a cool shirt, and then a few other people said it was terrible, would you stop wearing the shirt, even if you still liked it?
would you do the same thing with your taste in music/food/movies?
its okay to like something that not everyone else is into.post #77196 of 11766610/2/12 at 8:26pmpost #77197 of 11766610/2/12 at 8:30pmI went back and looked at it again. I think its the sleeveless shirt more than the skirt that makes me think of the old lesbo. She was always pairing one butch item with one feminine one. Like a biker jacket with mom jeans or a dress blouse with leather pants. Shit like that.post #77198 of 11766610/2/12 at 8:38pmFor me, I dress in part based on what I would like conveyed to others. I think its important to point out its different from meeting others expectations of how to dress. I guess you could say there is an idea or image id like to send from my head into theirs. But the message can be lost so you have to survey the land. I think its a strange mix of dressing for myself informed by others. I guess to some degree that is shallow but its not so much to appease other people as it is to not be misread.
But if I really like something I will wear it regardless. Like my puma sneakers. I will wear them no matter how ugly reedo thinks they arepost #77199 of 11766610/2/12 at 8:39pmpost #77200 of 11766610/2/12 at 8:40pmpost #77201 of 11766610/2/12 at 8:40pmDude is wearing a skirt. I could understand if it was edgy, or fashiony, but it really just looks like an old lady skirt.
Not really seeing a difference here. If the worst thing someone says about that fit is he looks like he's in drag, well....yeah, that's pretty much what it looks like. But so what? If he wants to dress like the Church Lady, that's his business.post #77202 of 11766610/2/12 at 8:42pmpost #77203 of 11766610/2/12 at 8:43pmpost #77204 of 11766610/2/12 at 8:45pmpost #77205 of 11766610/2/12 at 8:50pm
This thread is locked
- The WAYWT Discussion Thread
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 1 minute ago
- › TyCooN's Official Boxing Thread 3 minutes ago
- › My early thanks to Styleforum 5 minutes ago
- › The Official Common Projects Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Trump is #2 in GOP Field 12 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 12 minutes ago
- › Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0,... 13 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 15 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 15 minutes ago
- › Alden Color 8 Captoe Boot 9.5D & Brand New Sand Suede Indy 9.5E 17 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding