Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- What color of DRESS shirt to wear with DARK blue jeans? Last post on 11/4/10 at 7:44am in Classic Menswear
- MARGARET HOWELL Fall/Winter 2013 Last post on 2/5/16 at 9:34am in Streetwear and Denim
- After Hours Look Last post on 2/23/14 at 5:19pm in Streetwear and Denim
- shirts and general fit question for V shaped body Last post on 4/29/13 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my ModernTailor shirt fit & measurements Last post on 9/1/11 at 10:42am in Classic Menswear
Are APCs a good starter pair of raw denim jeans?
Last edited: 1/27/16
- Can the Waistband from Selvedge Jeans be taken in?Last edited: 1/27/16
- A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & HideLast edited: 12/7/15
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...Last edited: 12/9/15
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...Last edited: 3/30/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The WAYWT Discussion Thread - Page 5147post #77191 of 11766610/2/12 at 7:48pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #77192 of 11766610/2/12 at 7:55pm
Let me just take this opportunity to say that the past couple weeks has seen TONS of great fits in this thread. It's been really refreshing and there are some new users who are contributing some pretty cool stuff and different ideas.
Now back to your biweekly bitchfest.post #77193 of 11766610/2/12 at 8:03pmpost #77194 of 11766610/2/12 at 8:10pmpost #77195 of 11766610/2/12 at 8:20pm
you only dress for society?
if you had a shirt that you really really liked, and a lot of people thought was a cool shirt, and then a few other people said it was terrible, would you stop wearing the shirt, even if you still liked it?
would you do the same thing with your taste in music/food/movies?
its okay to like something that not everyone else is into.post #77196 of 11766610/2/12 at 8:26pmpost #77197 of 11766610/2/12 at 8:30pmI went back and looked at it again. I think its the sleeveless shirt more than the skirt that makes me think of the old lesbo. She was always pairing one butch item with one feminine one. Like a biker jacket with mom jeans or a dress blouse with leather pants. Shit like that.post #77198 of 11766610/2/12 at 8:38pmFor me, I dress in part based on what I would like conveyed to others. I think its important to point out its different from meeting others expectations of how to dress. I guess you could say there is an idea or image id like to send from my head into theirs. But the message can be lost so you have to survey the land. I think its a strange mix of dressing for myself informed by others. I guess to some degree that is shallow but its not so much to appease other people as it is to not be misread.
But if I really like something I will wear it regardless. Like my puma sneakers. I will wear them no matter how ugly reedo thinks they arepost #77199 of 11766610/2/12 at 8:39pmpost #77200 of 11766610/2/12 at 8:40pmpost #77201 of 11766610/2/12 at 8:40pmDude is wearing a skirt. I could understand if it was edgy, or fashiony, but it really just looks like an old lady skirt.
Not really seeing a difference here. If the worst thing someone says about that fit is he looks like he's in drag, well....yeah, that's pretty much what it looks like. But so what? If he wants to dress like the Church Lady, that's his business.post #77202 of 11766610/2/12 at 8:42pmpost #77203 of 11766610/2/12 at 8:43pmpost #77204 of 11766610/2/12 at 8:45pm
This thread is locked
- The WAYWT Discussion Thread
- Can the Waistband from Selvedge Jeans be taken in?
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 1 second ago
- › Stephan Schneider. You'll Always Find Me In The Kitchen At Parties. 11 seconds ago
- › What Movies Are You Watching Lately 41 seconds ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 45 seconds ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 1 minute ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 1 minute ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 3 minutes ago
- › Romantic Europe meets NYC: the ROBERT GELLER thread 4 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 5 minutes ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 8 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...
- › What does it mean to Relast a shoe?
- › Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want...
- › How do I polish my shoes but preserve the...
- › What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?
- › Price list for Vass shoes and boots for 2016
- › Paris: Men's Fashion Week, Part 1