Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- What color of DRESS shirt to wear with DARK blue jeans? Last post on 11/4/10 at 7:44am in Classic Menswear
- After Hours Look Last post on 2/23/14 at 5:19pm in Streetwear and Denim
- shirts and general fit question for V shaped body Last post on 4/29/13 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my ModernTailor shirt fit & measurements Last post on 9/1/11 at 10:42am in Classic Menswear
- High-quality white shirt on short notice (in New York?) Last post on 12/15/12 at 5:06am in Classic Menswear
What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- ASPECD Apparel
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Andrews Sartorial Luxury Collection
- Meermin Mallorca
- Moda Republic
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- Nice Laundry
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- United Stock Dry Goods
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
The WAYWT Discussion Thread - Page 5146
Styleforum Top Picks
I'm not fluent enough in Yohji aesthetic to comment, but IMO that fit is dripping with F-U swagger, and the fitted black tank (along with the hair) gives it a certain toughness / dissoluteness / heavy metal association that would be defeated by a looser tee or another layer, either of which could push it into middle aged lesbian territory.
Yeah I didn't use the best wording, but with a few exceptions it usually ends up looking like a maxi skirt. I guess maybe the leg separation is more obvious IRL but still.
I appreciate people trying more esoteric looks, so no hate intended, I just think this is one that's not working for a lot of you guys.
Nice autumnal colors! If you're looking for criticism, a few things I'd consider:
- Jacket looks too formal for the rumpled pants and chambray (?) shirt. Just my sense from what's visible of the shoulder line and fabric drape. It could probably use more work at the tailor. Hard to get a handle on fit with the angle/not buttoned/backpack, but the sleeve looks long and the whole thing looks a little big for the (for lack of a better word) #menswear vibe you have going on otherwise. Today's sportcoat fits from vitaminh and mikey have more cohesion between their pants and jackets. The fabric on your jacket looks v nice though.
- Pants could be hemmed. Rumpled is fine but it clashes with the more tailored drape and cut of the jacket.
- Shoes are a little weak. Two tone doesn't bug me but the proportions of the wing over the toes and the closed lacing do. What are they?
- The leather backpack looks well built but it'll ruin your jacket shoulder and generally throw off the fit of any tailored jackets you wear with it. I wear backpacks a lot, and I avoid wearing them with tailored wool jackets. For jackets with padded shoulders it will compress the padding, (unevenly if you wear it on one shoulder) and for unstructured jackets the friction can damage/pill the fabric.
- Sunglasses look dated/Matrixy
Great points shoreman. One of the things I like to do is take something formal-ish, like that jacket, and try to recontextualize in a casual context. But you're right about a lot of the points. The pants are definitely too rumpled to work with that jacket and probably their fit is a bit too slim to pair with a padded jacket. ::reminds self to get them pressed::
The shoes are waxed suede/canvas in chocolate brown and that "Barbour green." They're a Barbour x Rockport colab. Very comfy and handle rainy days like today well.
Oh come on, those sunglasses are this year's Coach in gunmetal. Its nearly impossible to find non-aviators that work on me.
With the backpack, sadly I agree. I feel the backpack was to blame for the perceived bad fit of the jacket though. But let me know, here's a cleaner shot.
quoted for posterity. this is fucking excellent.
Parker - you look like an old lesbian who used to live down the block from me in that skirt-thing.
- The WAYWT Discussion Thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- › Howard Yount: Affiliate thread 11 seconds ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 1 minute ago
- › BB Peal and Co Burgundy PTBs w/Dainite Soles, Crockett and Jones -... 3 minutes ago
- › Lets talk about COFFEE 3 minutes ago
- › Polo Ralph Lauren Suiting are now made by Hickey Freeman. 9 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 10 minutes ago
- › LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread 16 minutes ago
- › "What I'm Selling on eBay" - member auctions 18 minutes ago
- › NBA 2013-2014 Season Thread 19 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 21 minutes ago
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Pullovers)