Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- What color of DRESS shirt to wear with DARK blue jeans? Last post on 11/4/10 at 7:44am in Classic Menswear
- After Hours Look Last post on 10/16/12 at 7:16pm in Streetwear and Denim
- shirts and general fit question for V shaped body Last post on 4/29/13 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my ModernTailor shirt fit & measurements Last post on 9/1/11 at 10:42am in Classic Menswear
- High-quality white shirt on short notice (in New York?) Last post on 12/15/12 at 5:06am in Classic Menswear
What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Bison Made
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- Crane's Country Store
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Four Horsemen Shop
- GABE Tailored
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Hiras Fashion
- Howard Yount
- Hugh & Crye
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Malford of London
- Meermin Mallorca
- Moda Republic
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Street Bootmakers
- Passaggio Cravatte
- Paul Evans
- Portland Dry Goods
- Roden Gray
- Saddleback Leather
- Self Edge
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- United Stock Dry Goods
- Upstate Stock
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
The WAYWT Discussion Thread - Page 5146
Styleforum Top Picks
I'm not fluent enough in Yohji aesthetic to comment, but IMO that fit is dripping with F-U swagger, and the fitted black tank (along with the hair) gives it a certain toughness / dissoluteness / heavy metal association that would be defeated by a looser tee or another layer, either of which could push it into middle aged lesbian territory.
Yeah I didn't use the best wording, but with a few exceptions it usually ends up looking like a maxi skirt. I guess maybe the leg separation is more obvious IRL but still.
I appreciate people trying more esoteric looks, so no hate intended, I just think this is one that's not working for a lot of you guys.
Nice autumnal colors! If you're looking for criticism, a few things I'd consider:
- Jacket looks too formal for the rumpled pants and chambray (?) shirt. Just my sense from what's visible of the shoulder line and fabric drape. It could probably use more work at the tailor. Hard to get a handle on fit with the angle/not buttoned/backpack, but the sleeve looks long and the whole thing looks a little big for the (for lack of a better word) #menswear vibe you have going on otherwise. Today's sportcoat fits from vitaminh and mikey have more cohesion between their pants and jackets. The fabric on your jacket looks v nice though.
- Pants could be hemmed. Rumpled is fine but it clashes with the more tailored drape and cut of the jacket.
- Shoes are a little weak. Two tone doesn't bug me but the proportions of the wing over the toes and the closed lacing do. What are they?
- The leather backpack looks well built but it'll ruin your jacket shoulder and generally throw off the fit of any tailored jackets you wear with it. I wear backpacks a lot, and I avoid wearing them with tailored wool jackets. For jackets with padded shoulders it will compress the padding, (unevenly if you wear it on one shoulder) and for unstructured jackets the friction can damage/pill the fabric.
- Sunglasses look dated/Matrixy
Great points shoreman. One of the things I like to do is take something formal-ish, like that jacket, and try to recontextualize in a casual context. But you're right about a lot of the points. The pants are definitely too rumpled to work with that jacket and probably their fit is a bit too slim to pair with a padded jacket. ::reminds self to get them pressed::
The shoes are waxed suede/canvas in chocolate brown and that "Barbour green." They're a Barbour x Rockport colab. Very comfy and handle rainy days like today well.
Oh come on, those sunglasses are this year's Coach in gunmetal. Its nearly impossible to find non-aviators that work on me.
With the backpack, sadly I agree. I feel the backpack was to blame for the perceived bad fit of the jacket though. But let me know, here's a cleaner shot.
- The WAYWT Discussion Thread
- › How to get onto a Board 1 minute ago
- › Wolverine 1000 Mile Boot Review 2 minutes ago
- › Fried Chicken 2 minutes ago
- › Is there a way to PREVENT an ocbd collar from shrinking? 5 minutes ago
- › Engineered Garments Spring / Summer 2014 8 minutes ago
- › What should be the right sleeve length for a sport coat/blazer 12 minutes ago
- › John Lobb Shoe Trees 12 minutes ago
- › Green behind the ears, help 13 minutes ago
- › PASSAGGIO CRAVATTE - Official Affiliate Thread 16 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 18 minutes ago
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › Adidas x The Soloist Rod Laver Vin by BenMusch
- › Loake 1880 Aldwych by wurger
- › Herschel Ravine Black/Tan FA 12 by pfmicks
- › Vans Footwear The Barbour Classic Slip On Sneaker,10.5,Green by ATLnoob
- › Berg & Berg unlined silk bow tie (SS'13) by MTB-85
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques... by mimo
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits by LA Guy
- › San Francisco Shopping Map by ahilal
- › So you want to design your own clothes? by DaveJames
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras) by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans) by alyssaw