or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The WAYWT Discussion Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The WAYWT Discussion Thread - Page 5121  

post #76801 of 117670
Quote:
Originally Posted by smashwindow View Post


Spoilered pics? Can't help my lighting frown.gif
post #76802 of 117670
Quote:
Originally Posted by cocostella View Post

If you tweak that hair just a tad, you'll have a nice Ian Curtis vibe going. I like it.
I see what you mean
iaHFA.jpgRKgT3l.jpg
post #76803 of 117670
Quote:
Originally Posted by VLSI View Post

Trying something new with the MDR... appreciate any feedback.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)


I think it looks good. Colors work well but it would probably be better if the jeans were a tad slimmer. 

Don't uncuff. They need to have a narrower hem for stacking to work.

 

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noctone View Post

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

RKgT3l.jpg

 

Schneider/Ploier/Comey
Grow out the top and fringe, put some product in, and you will be full on Schneider!
(probably looks best on younger guys)
 


Edited by conceptionist - 9/26/12 at 3:22pm
post #76804 of 117670

VLSI - you're ToJ is one of the most awesome but I don't think that fit works.  Maybe a longer, not-white OCBD, or a T shirt?  I've also thinking about different ways to wear a DR (as I've just got one), some alternative ideas:

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

white button down with trousers:
2yjso6g.jpg(impolyt_one)

 

 

Or wear non-white shirt tucked in to faded denims for full on 70s style swag:

(ghdvfddzgzdzg)

 

I think untucked shirt under a short jacket works better with something, longer, drapey + skinnier bottom half:

(tumblr)

 

 

 

post #76805 of 117670
Quote:
Originally Posted by VLSI View Post

Trying something new with the MDR... appreciate any feedback.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)



These pieces don't go together, I guess you could remove the jacket and have a mediocre outfit where colour match or stay like this and be even more awful.
post #76806 of 117670
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorcan7 View Post

VLSI - you're ToJ is one of the most awesome but I don't think that fit works.  Maybe a longer, not-white OCBD, or a T shirt?  I've also thinking about different ways to wear a DR (as I've just got one), some alternative ideas:

Thanks for the ideas. Trying to work with what I have, so will see if I can think of something else. If not there's always jeans and t as per usual until budget allows me to expand a little.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuuma View Post

These pieces don't go together, I guess you could remove the jacket and have a mediocre outfit where colour match or stay like this and be even more awful.

I understand that the jacket doesn't "go" with the other pieces, but I actually didn't think it looked bad. Though granted, it would most definitely look like shit if I zipped the jacket up. I do mediocre all the time and it can get boring, so I was trying to mix it up. Alternate jacket suggestions for this particular outfit?
post #76807 of 117670
post-work fit



Ploier/Silent/UU/Silent
post #76808 of 117670
I think Fuuma was more conveying the styling is off based on the particular pieces rather than just having eye-candy to the untrained eyes and little knowledge.

Perhaps I am interpreting it incorrectly but to follow suit, I think a DR calls for different footwear and perhaps bottoms as well. Or, if you are wearing sneakers, calls for different jacket.

FWIW you do own a lot more sneakers than shoes/boots VLSI if I am not mistaken.
post #76809 of 117670
Quote:
Originally Posted by gettoasty View Post

I think Fuuma was more conveying the styling is off based on the particular pieces rather than just having eye-candy to the untrained eyes and little knowledge.

Yea, that's what I took out of it, but I thought perhaps it still looked acceptable.
Quote:
Perhaps I am interpreting it incorrectly but to follow suit, I think a DR calls for different footwear and perhaps bottoms as well. Or, if you are wearing sneakers, calls for different jacket.
FWIW you do own a lot more sneakers than shoes/boots VLSI if I am not mistaken.

My sneaker to boot ratio is about 4:1 biggrin.gif The shoes are probably the one item from that outfit that I can pair with that jacket if everything else is in order. I never posted in this thread, but here's a pic I put up in the TOJ thread.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
post #76810 of 117670
Don't you have some MMM boots? I think you can work something out with MMM and TOJ.

Navy TOJ, white tee/shirt, gray bottoms and brown MMM? Something like that. Maybe something with a bit more color as the navy/gray/brown may look flat though.
post #76811 of 117670
Quote:
Originally Posted by bows1 View Post

We are all fat

I am the fattest.
post #76812 of 117670

noctone everything seems a little tight and awkward.  I think the stuff could be individually worked into other outfits but the all-black tightness gives me a weird richard simmons vibe?

 

i've liked the last couple tho

post #76813 of 117670
^ i think its the tightness on the arms and legs then the boxiness of the core.
post #76814 of 117670
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noctone View Post

post-work fit

Ploier/Silent/UU/Silent

Are these the cargos? How do you size?
post #76815 of 117670
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingJulien View Post

noctone everything seems a little tight and awkward.  I think the stuff could be individually worked into other outfits but the all-black tightness gives me a weird richard simmons vibe?

i've liked the last couple tho
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benesyed View Post

^ i think its the tightness on the arms and legs then the boxiness of the core.
Maybe I added too much sharpness when editing the photo or something, the jeans are tight(ish) but the shirts are definitely not. Slim throughout, but not tight, and they follow the contours of my body pretty closely. Maybe I just have an odd body shape? puzzled.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by reedobandito View Post

Are these the cargos? How do you size?
Nah, skinny jeans. Sized down 2 from my true waist.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The WAYWT Discussion Thread