Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- What color of DRESS shirt to wear with DARK blue jeans? Last post on 11/4/10 at 7:44am in Classic Menswear
- MARGARET HOWELL Fall/Winter 2013 Last post on 3/13/15 at 2:34am in Streetwear and Denim
- After Hours Look Last post on 2/23/14 at 5:19pm in Streetwear and Denim
- shirts and general fit question for V shaped body Last post on 4/29/13 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my ModernTailor shirt fit & measurements Last post on 9/1/11 at 10:42am in Classic Menswear
CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...
Last edited: 3/30/15
- What I Learned from Slim DenimLast edited: 12/21/14
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
The WAYWT Discussion Thread - Page 5121
Styleforum Top Pickspost #76802 of 1176689/26/12 at 3:06pmpost #76803 of 1176689/26/12 at 3:12pmQuote:
I think it looks good. Colors work well but it would probably be better if the jeans were a tad slimmer.
Don't uncuff. They need to have a narrower hem for stacking to work.Quote:Originally Posted by Noctone
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)Grow out the top and fringe, put some product in, and you will be full on Schneider!(probably looks best on younger guys)
Edited by conceptionist - 9/26/12 at 3:22pmpost #76804 of 1176689/26/12 at 3:25pm
VLSI - you're ToJ is one of the most awesome but I don't think that fit works. Maybe a longer, not-white OCBD, or a T shirt? I've also thinking about different ways to wear a DR (as I've just got one), some alternative ideas:Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)post #76805 of 1176689/26/12 at 3:28pmQuote:Originally Posted by VLSI
Trying something new with the MDR... appreciate any feedback.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
These pieces don't go together, I guess you could remove the jacket and have a mediocre outfit where colour match or stay like this and be even more awful.post #76806 of 1176689/26/12 at 4:56pmQuote:
Thanks for the ideas. Trying to work with what I have, so will see if I can think of something else. If not there's always jeans and t as per usual until budget allows me to expand a little.Quote:
I understand that the jacket doesn't "go" with the other pieces, but I actually didn't think it looked bad. Though granted, it would most definitely look like shit if I zipped the jacket up. I do mediocre all the time and it can get boring, so I was trying to mix it up. Alternate jacket suggestions for this particular outfit?post #76807 of 1176689/26/12 at 5:05pmpost #76808 of 1176689/26/12 at 5:15pmI think Fuuma was more conveying the styling is off based on the particular pieces rather than just having eye-candy to the untrained eyes and little knowledge.
Perhaps I am interpreting it incorrectly but to follow suit, I think a DR calls for different footwear and perhaps bottoms as well. Or, if you are wearing sneakers, calls for different jacket.
FWIW you do own a lot more sneakers than shoes/boots VLSI if I am not mistaken.post #76809 of 1176689/26/12 at 5:24pmQuote:
Yea, that's what I took out of it, but I thought perhaps it still looked acceptable.Quote:Perhaps I am interpreting it incorrectly but to follow suit, I think a DR calls for different footwear and perhaps bottoms as well. Or, if you are wearing sneakers, calls for different jacket.
FWIW you do own a lot more sneakers than shoes/boots VLSI if I am not mistaken.
My sneaker to boot ratio is about 4:1 The shoes are probably the one item from that outfit that I can pair with that jacket if everything else is in order. I never posted in this thread, but here's a pic I put up in the TOJ thread.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)post #76810 of 1176689/26/12 at 5:27pmDon't you have some MMM boots? I think you can work something out with MMM and TOJ.
Navy TOJ, white tee/shirt, gray bottoms and brown MMM? Something like that. Maybe something with a bit more color as the navy/gray/brown may look flat though.post #76811 of 1176689/26/12 at 5:32pmpost #76812 of 1176689/26/12 at 5:40pmpost #76813 of 1176689/26/12 at 5:46pmpost #76814 of 1176689/26/12 at 5:58pmpost #76815 of 1176689/26/12 at 6:05pmQuote:Quote:Maybe I added too much sharpness when editing the photo or something, the jeans are tight(ish) but the shirts are definitely not. Slim throughout, but not tight, and they follow the contours of my body pretty closely. Maybe I just have an odd body shape?
This thread is locked
- The WAYWT Discussion Thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- What I Learned from Slim Denim
- › Things that are pissing you off. 6 seconds ago
- › Swims galoshes - what to do if too big? 20 seconds ago
- › THE OFFICIAL "streetwear" BALLER BOOT/SHOE THREAD ***700usd Min*** 39 seconds ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 45 seconds ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 52 seconds ago
- › Wolf vs. Goat Official Affiliate Thread - New April 16, 2015 1 minute ago
- › Everlane T-shirts 3 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 3 minutes ago
- › The new official TOJ thread - updates, complaints, etc... 4 minutes ago
- › Master Bath Remodel Project 4 minutes ago
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › The Styleforum Brief April 2015
- › Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest!...
- › Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of...
- › How to Buy Direct from Japan
- › Lanieri Presents: Deep Into the Blue
- › Clothing for Hard Work
- › Sakura Season
- › A Brief History of Indigo
- › The (Red) Thread Connecting Italy and Japan
- › Two Japanese Words Every Clothing Dork Should...