Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- What color of DRESS shirt to wear with DARK blue jeans? Last post on 11/4/10 at 7:44am in Classic Menswear
- MARGARET HOWELL Fall/Winter 2013 Last post on 6/22/16 at 6:47pm in Streetwear and Denim
- After Hours Look Last post on 2/23/14 at 5:19pm in Streetwear and Denim
- shirts and general fit question for V shaped body Last post on 4/29/13 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my ModernTailor shirt fit & measurements Last post on 9/1/11 at 10:42am in Classic Menswear
Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how should I wash them
Last edited: 5/19/16
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Where should the points on my shirt collar lie in relation to my...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Are APCs a good starter pair of raw denim jeans?Last edited: 1/27/16
- Can the Waistband from Selvedge Jeans be taken in?Last edited: 1/27/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The WAYWT Discussion Thread - Page 5062post #75916 of 1176669/12/12 at 11:53ampost #75917 of 1176669/12/12 at 1:05pmpost #75918 of 1176669/12/12 at 1:08pmpost #75919 of 1176669/12/12 at 1:08pmQuote:
Great! Although I think it might actually look better without a hidden placket? It sort of looks continous with the seaming "pseudo placket" of the pants haha. Or maybe thats the point
Also maybe slightly more fitted at the chest?
Minor details for an otherwise awesome look !post #75920 of 1176669/12/12 at 1:12pmAs much as I like Margiela, I really hate the thicker sole boots. Hence all my boots are the thin soles. In my opinion it kills the side profile. The color looks a lot nicer in person
Ben I like that minimal sloppiness/ pseudo-Maimi coke dealer, with my Margielapost #75921 of 1176669/12/12 at 1:16pmpost #75922 of 1176669/12/12 at 1:40pmpost #75923 of 1176669/12/12 at 1:49pmpost #75924 of 1176669/12/12 at 1:53pmQuote:Originally Posted by GoldenTribe
I agree with most of hendrix's criticisms, but these two are silly to put it mildly.
His photo wasn't exactly a white-balanced studio shot, but I call bullshit regardless.
You covered the tie with #1 (needs a jacket). There's nothing wrong with it on its own, and "modern take on old-fashioned design" kind of describes almost everything in SW&D / fashion, no?
I believe that was how BoO started out, anyway -- the first dozen times I ever heard of them it was their ties (skinny in plainish old-school designs) in GQ spreads back around 2006.
yeah I know I winced as I wrote it because I couldn't think of a way to word it that wasn't just "that tie is not to my taste".
Maybe the only correct thing to say is that it just looks bad, but there must be a reason why.
I think it's the brown sorta 70s colours don't go with the white shirt.
The khakis and the belt I guess are only bad by association.post #75925 of 1176669/12/12 at 1:56pmyou left a shoe buckle undone, PB.
kidding. kudos for jumping into the SW&D sharkpit. e'rthing looks pretty good to me, though I don't like multi-roll cuffs on jeans. creates too much of a beef roll. prefer a single turn-up or just let 'em gently stack.post #75926 of 1176669/12/12 at 1:57pmpost #75927 of 1176669/12/12 at 1:58pmpost #75928 of 1176669/12/12 at 2:07pmpost #75929 of 1176669/12/12 at 2:09pmQuote:
SF feels strongly about double-monks, especially with one buckle undone.
To P. Bateman: I would not wear jeans with those shoes, and also not tuck a white OCBD into jeans - the latter feels a bit 'awkward weekend dad' and the former is too much of a clash of formality, especially with the cuffs.post #75930 of 1176669/12/12 at 2:13pmQuote:Originally Posted by P. Bateman
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
NOBD does this type of look much better. I would either:
- replace raw jeans with something more faded, or
- replace the OCBD with something more dressy looking
In either case, would change the shoes and belt for something browner and/or darker, and lose the jeans cuffs.
This thread is locked
- The WAYWT Discussion Thread
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 30 seconds ago
- › Viberg Boots 3 minutes ago
- › When is the Next Brooks Brothers Sale? 3 minutes ago
- › Fake or Real (Authentic, Genuine, etc.) -- Official Authentication... 4 minutes ago
- › Alden Alpine Grain LWB, Tassels MTO, 8.5D Barrie 7 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 8 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 8 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing,... 13 minutes ago
- › How many miles did you run today? 14 minutes ago
- › Maison Martin Margiela Stirched Collar T-Shirt in size 48 (M) 15 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding