Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- What color of DRESS shirt to wear with DARK blue jeans? Last post on 11/4/10 at 7:44am in Classic Menswear
- MARGARET HOWELL Fall/Winter 2013 Last post on 11/10/15 at 12:52pm in Streetwear and Denim
- After Hours Look Last post on 2/23/14 at 5:19pm in Streetwear and Denim
- shirts and general fit question for V shaped body Last post on 4/29/13 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my ModernTailor shirt fit & measurements Last post on 9/1/11 at 10:42am in Classic Menswear
CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...
Last edited: 3/30/15
- What I Learned from Slim DenimLast edited: 12/21/14
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- H.N. White
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Wurkin Stiffs
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The WAYWT Discussion Thread - Page 5062post #75916 of 1176669/12/12 at 11:53am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #75917 of 1176669/12/12 at 1:05pmpost #75918 of 1176669/12/12 at 1:08pmpost #75919 of 1176669/12/12 at 1:08pmQuote:
Great! Although I think it might actually look better without a hidden placket? It sort of looks continous with the seaming "pseudo placket" of the pants haha. Or maybe thats the point
Also maybe slightly more fitted at the chest?
Minor details for an otherwise awesome look !post #75920 of 1176669/12/12 at 1:12pmAs much as I like Margiela, I really hate the thicker sole boots. Hence all my boots are the thin soles. In my opinion it kills the side profile. The color looks a lot nicer in person
Ben I like that minimal sloppiness/ pseudo-Maimi coke dealer, with my Margielapost #75921 of 1176669/12/12 at 1:16pmpost #75922 of 1176669/12/12 at 1:40pmpost #75923 of 1176669/12/12 at 1:49pmpost #75924 of 1176669/12/12 at 1:53pmQuote:Originally Posted by GoldenTribe
I agree with most of hendrix's criticisms, but these two are silly to put it mildly.
His photo wasn't exactly a white-balanced studio shot, but I call bullshit regardless.
You covered the tie with #1 (needs a jacket). There's nothing wrong with it on its own, and "modern take on old-fashioned design" kind of describes almost everything in SW&D / fashion, no?
I believe that was how BoO started out, anyway -- the first dozen times I ever heard of them it was their ties (skinny in plainish old-school designs) in GQ spreads back around 2006.
yeah I know I winced as I wrote it because I couldn't think of a way to word it that wasn't just "that tie is not to my taste".
Maybe the only correct thing to say is that it just looks bad, but there must be a reason why.
I think it's the brown sorta 70s colours don't go with the white shirt.
The khakis and the belt I guess are only bad by association.post #75925 of 1176669/12/12 at 1:56pmyou left a shoe buckle undone, PB.
kidding. kudos for jumping into the SW&D sharkpit. e'rthing looks pretty good to me, though I don't like multi-roll cuffs on jeans. creates too much of a beef roll. prefer a single turn-up or just let 'em gently stack.post #75926 of 1176669/12/12 at 1:57pmpost #75927 of 1176669/12/12 at 1:58pmpost #75928 of 1176669/12/12 at 2:07pmpost #75929 of 1176669/12/12 at 2:09pmQuote:
SF feels strongly about double-monks, especially with one buckle undone.
To P. Bateman: I would not wear jeans with those shoes, and also not tuck a white OCBD into jeans - the latter feels a bit 'awkward weekend dad' and the former is too much of a clash of formality, especially with the cuffs.post #75930 of 1176669/12/12 at 2:13pmQuote:Originally Posted by P. Bateman
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
NOBD does this type of look much better. I would either:
- replace raw jeans with something more faded, or
- replace the OCBD with something more dressy looking
In either case, would change the shoes and belt for something browner and/or darker, and lose the jeans cuffs.
This thread is locked
- The WAYWT Discussion Thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- What I Learned from Slim Denim
- › Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread 48 seconds ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 2 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing,... 4 minutes ago
- › Can't remember name of high-end Web seller 6 minutes ago
- › Official 2015-2016 college football thread 6 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 7 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's... 7 minutes ago
- › FRIDAY CHALLENGE 27/11-2015: CHALKS AND PINS 10 minutes ago
- › Grail: Carpe Diem S61M Black Cordovan Boots, Size 42 10 minutes ago
- › Recent non-Sartorialist Looks 11 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Christopher Ward C60 Trident Pro Auto by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › The Huckberry x Styleforum Holiday Gift Guide
- › In Passing: Style on the Streets of Toronto
- › Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200
- › Gifts for the Stylish Man
- › The Best of The Proper Kit in N.Y.C.
- › On the Road: Shop the Styleforum x No Man...
- › On the Road: Styleforum x No Man Walks Alone
- › An Interview with G. Bruce Boyer
- › The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Accessories