Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- What color of DRESS shirt to wear with DARK blue jeans? Last post on 11/4/10 at 7:44am in Classic Menswear
- MARGARET HOWELL Fall/Winter 2013 Last post on 6/19/15 at 4:28am in Streetwear and Denim
- After Hours Look Last post on 2/23/14 at 5:19pm in Streetwear and Denim
- shirts and general fit question for V shaped body Last post on 4/29/13 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my ModernTailor shirt fit & measurements Last post on 9/1/11 at 10:42am in Classic Menswear
CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...
Last edited: 3/30/15
- What I Learned from Slim DenimLast edited: 12/21/14
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
The WAYWT Discussion Thread - Page 5039post #75571 of 1176689/6/12 at 11:17pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #75572 of 1176689/6/12 at 11:41pmQuote:
moo, you're probably an OK guy in real life, but you have this habit of taking offense when someone throw a verbal jab your way, even though you dole out some low blows under the guise of "joking." I mean, it was like three or four days ago that you told mellow fellow, one of the most non-confrontational guys around here, that he had "dick-sucking lips."post #75573 of 1176689/7/12 at 12:22amQuote:Originally Posted by nineohtoo
I love this thread.
Anyways, since Synth posted his Flyknits with actual athletic wear, I figured I'd wear mine with jeans and give my CdG all stars a break: Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)SSUR, APC, Nike.
I am not a fan of that hair.post #75574 of 1176689/7/12 at 2:22ampost #75575 of 1176689/7/12 at 3:58amQuote:Originally Posted by style wallah
I guess my eye's just not used to those fits. I was raised working class, wearing clothes that were too big for me so that I could "grow into" them. Nowadays I wear clothes that fit my body better, and haven't learned to look at other kinds of fits. Something for me to work on, room to grow. I won't post critiques on those fits anymore.
I too grew up with hand me downs etc. But for me, because Ive always had looser fitting clothing I've become so use to the whole relaxed
aesthetic...too much structure just doesn't feel right. I tried the whole fitted mountain man/menswear thing a while back and I just
felt like I was wearing a costume.
Each to their own though, the diversity is what I like about SF.post #75576 of 1176689/7/12 at 4:16amQuote:
For some reason all the cote et ciel rucksacks (in black) are sold out. Wanted one of those.
I noticed a lot of students were using Herschel supply co..didn't know they were that popular outside of the Internet hah!post #75577 of 1176689/7/12 at 5:49ampost #75578 of 1176689/7/12 at 6:05amI dig it too, though I'd prefer a neutral tee (what else is new)
Also, if I recall correctly, that same Hendrix fit was the centerpiece of a certain shitstorm launched way back when by a certain poster with a screenname inspired by bovine card gamespost #75579 of 1176689/7/12 at 6:26ampost #75580 of 1176689/7/12 at 6:32ampost #75581 of 1176689/7/12 at 6:49amI like the Hendrix fit alright. Something about that T though... I dunno. These fits with with proper/clean V or crew-necks, worn with suits/blazers... never seem to come out looking right. More sleeziness is required. If the occasion calls for more formality, just wear a collared shirt. My $.02.post #75582 of 1176689/7/12 at 7:00amOne of the interesting things happening in menswear IMO is the unraveling of the connection between tailoring and formality. Like, it's totally fine now to wear tailored stuff in "casual" contexts (though the opposite is much less true). Folks are discovering that things previously meant for specific contexts can be re-appropriated and still look good-- e.g. the presence of a blazer doesn't require all this other stuff that has traditionally accompanied it
yeah watch me raaaamblepost #75583 of 1176689/7/12 at 7:24ampost #75584 of 1176689/7/12 at 7:41ampost #75585 of 1176689/7/12 at 7:47am
Just got an email about asos having a campus-look competition, and well, I may have uploaded the fit I uploaded here a few days ago
So, if it wouldn't be too bothersome and you have nothing else to do, maybe you could "heart" my fit, and then maybe I'd win, and then it'd be like an awesome late birthday-present from you guys? (my birthday is the 7th next month, and the competition ends the 21st)
This thread is locked
- The WAYWT Discussion Thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- What I Learned from Slim Denim
- › Viberg Boots 5 seconds ago
- › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here... 16 seconds ago
- › things that are making you happy 1 minute ago
- › Cool furniture, design objects and desiderata 1 minute ago
- › The Official Beer Thread 1 minute ago
- › The Look goes on... 1 minute ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 2 minutes ago
- › Crockett & Jones Sidney loafers ( brand new with box ) 3 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 3 minutes ago
- › Creepy Sartorial Images 4 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 5: We Dye Stuff Blue
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 6: Junky Special,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 7: This Is The End
- › The #StyFoJapan EDC
- › The Styleforum x Huckberry Father's Day...
- › Fok's Gift Guide for Dads Who Refuse to...