or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The WAYWT Discussion Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The WAYWT Discussion Thread - Page 4999

post #74971 of 115959
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuuma View Post

See, disregarding the rest of the post and going for a small excerpt that acted as an introduction may fly in the retardcore (I just made this up, this is the intellectual world where guys like you live) circles you frequent, however more astute readers will note you did not address my main criticism. I could also add that this wasn't an insult but merely an objective description of how fucking stupid you are being.


Your main criticism is profoundly idiotic.
Make a good argument instead of insulting others and you might be taken a little more seriously.
post #74972 of 115959
Quote:
Originally Posted by volchok View Post
Make a good argument instead of insulting others and you might be taken a little more seriously.

 

Actually, Fuuma is taken quite seriously here. Mainly because he dresses well, and what's more he can explain why - both of which are rather important on a forum about style.

 

Volchuk, if I were you, I would step back from the argument - it is pointless. The only way you'll get some respect here is by reading and listening for a while, posting some interesting and thoughtful comments, and perhaps a few fits. Coming on strong is always going to annoy people - even if you were right.

post #74973 of 115959
But you see, fuuma has clout because he has a history of demonstrating good taste and sound aesthetic judgement. For a variety of reasons that you refuse to listen to, these are things that matter in the forum.

i should remind you the value system of what matters to people here has been established long before you wandered to the forum. Most of the things people value, despite what you may believe, are designed so that users can get the most use out of the forum.

Good fits, thoughtful comments, and a general history of positive contribution--these are the things that matter. and give the user license to fling around a few insults. Throwing a self-centered shit-fit and derailing a thread is looked down upon, as is acting authoritatively when you have no clout.

(edit: KJ beat me to it)
post #74974 of 115959
this picture doesn't have any clothes in it. nor is it from today. but it's a picture.

lifestyle featuring papa-art

post #74975 of 115959
You could have said the rick shorts and dunks were hidden by the kayak

I would have believed you
post #74976 of 115959
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOBD View Post

New jeans
nl8cR.jpg
To hem or not to hem?

I vote hem, assuming you've washed them (NS, I assume?) and gotten all the shrinkage out. Your style is pretty consistently "tidy business casual" (in the best sense of all three words) and cuffs look better, I think, with the nice footwear that you favor.
post #74977 of 115959
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter1 View Post

I vote hem, assuming you've washed them (NS, I assume?) and gotten all the shrinkage out. Your style is pretty consistently "tidy business casual" (in the best sense of all three words) and cuffs look better, I think, with the nice footwear that you favor.

From the looks of the denim its not NS, maybe LVC?
post #74978 of 115959

 

 

COS

OL

Uniqlo

Loake

 

(sleeves look a little short cause I'm sitting down)

post #74979 of 115959
Quote:
Originally Posted by volchok View Post

Your main criticism is profoundly idiotic.

Excellent rebuttal, eagerly awaiting Fuuma's reply. Dunno how he can recover from this one.
post #74980 of 115959
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter1 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOBD View Post

To hem or not to hem?

I vote hem, assuming you've washed them (NS, I assume?) and gotten all the shrinkage out. Your style is pretty consistently "tidy business casual" (in the best sense of all three words) and cuffs look better, I think, with the nice footwear that you favor.

So you think his pants look best cuffed, and therefore he should hem his pants so as to be unable to cuff them?
post #74981 of 115959
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burial View Post

 

 

COS

OL

Uniqlo

Loake

 

(sleeves look a little short cause I'm sitting down)

Have run out of thumbs, but this is really great.

post #74982 of 115959
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burial View Post

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)




COS
OL
Uniqlo
Loake

(sleeves look a little short cause I'm sitting down)

like finding water in the desert
post #74983 of 115959
Quote:
Originally Posted by sexonfabric View Post

geller.jpg
toj-1.jpg
TOJ
Geller
Geller (No Vis)
T000
Margellons
Less bickering, and more fits like this please! 8)
post #74984 of 115959
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuuma View Post

Rational!!
Natural!
Objective!!
(the feeble cries of the retardcore crew)


This word is distasteful. You've already made your point pretty well, and it's not like this discussion hasn't been had before.
post #74985 of 115959
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter1 View Post

I vote hem, assuming you've washed them (NS, I assume?) and gotten all the shrinkage out. Your style is pretty consistently "tidy business casual" (in the best sense of all three words) and cuffs look better, I think, with the nice footwear that you favor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harbin View Post

From the looks of the denim its not NS, maybe LVC?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenTribe View Post

So you think his pants look best cuffed, and therefore he should hem his pants so as to be unable to cuff them?

LVC, yes.

I was a bit confused as well, but I think Peter means I should shorten and hem them, like my other jeans. I think I'll wear them as they are, though. These will be my most "casual jeans". The fabric is heavier and coarser, and the details (pockets especially) are "less refined" (bigger) than on my APC's. I think I like the rolled-up look for my "clunkier" shoes and heavier cardigans and sweaters, if you know what I mean.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The WAYWT Discussion Thread