That´s a cardigan?? Looks like an oversized collar-less (thick) shirt...
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- What color of DRESS shirt to wear with DARK blue jeans? Last post on 11/4/10 at 7:44am in Classic Menswear
- MARGARET HOWELL Fall/Winter 2013 Last post on 8/5/15 at 11:44am in Streetwear and Denim
- After Hours Look Last post on 2/23/14 at 5:19pm in Streetwear and Denim
- shirts and general fit question for V shaped body Last post on 4/29/13 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my ModernTailor shirt fit & measurements Last post on 9/1/11 at 10:42am in Classic Menswear
CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...
Last edited: 3/30/15
- What I Learned from Slim DenimLast edited: 12/21/14
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
The WAYWT Discussion Thread - Page 4994post #74896 of 1176688/26/12 at 3:48pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #74897 of 1176688/26/12 at 3:53pmpost #74898 of 1176688/26/12 at 4:04pmpost #74899 of 1176688/26/12 at 5:03pm(if we're saying my jacket was too short, then yes, it is on the shorter side for sure. I'm 5'6 so I like to keep my upper wear on the shorter side to give a longer visual legline. Plus, actually kindof random but this may explain it, I tried on the men's small and it was still too big, so I grabbed the same jacket from the women's side in a large...
let's try again:
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)Brown polo (yes a goddam polo) - H&M
Army print cargos - GAP
Brown/Cherry boots - Timerland
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)Black and white stripe wide neck T - TBar
Black waxed denim - Nudie Thin Finns
Black leather boot - Palladium
Edited by Master-Classter - 8/26/12 at 5:17pmpost #74900 of 1176688/26/12 at 5:06pmpost #74901 of 1176688/26/12 at 5:11pm
If you must go with a polo, look for one that (at least) appears to hug you sholders. Skinny arms don´t look well there. It´s what´s happening to another guy over in MC. I don´t like the pants myself. Fit wise they look alright on the thighs, but too big and making an awkward shape from the knee down. Also not a big fan of the boots. All that + the choice of color gives it a not so good military feel. Just my $0.02.
Edited by Lionheart Biker - 8/26/12 at 5:24pmpost #74902 of 1176688/26/12 at 5:23pmhmmm, damn. Thanks for the feedback guys. I figured the colors were all earthtones so some harmony there. Realize different styles between a polo and cargos. And yes, I need to fill out my arms a bit. Pants are too wide from knee down, can see that now - was hoping to replace them with those Epaulette trousers but sold out I think.
ok so pants are in the get rid of soon pile. will rework the boots and use the polo for layering.post #74903 of 1176688/26/12 at 5:33pmWarning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Not feeling it. Makes me think of this
I think a different top that fits better on the arms would do the trick.
apart from the mime aesthetic, It looks snug at the torso then very loose at the actual arm holes. Maybe thats ok by the stylegods, but makes me antsypost #74904 of 1176688/26/12 at 5:43pmpost #74905 of 1176688/26/12 at 5:47pmQuote:Originally Posted by BreezyBirch
sorry, but this response irked me so that i had to respond. are you saying contextualization is not needed for understanding, especially in a "niche" area such as fashion. if random dude comes off the street and tells you he's an oncologist and starts giving you advice, you're telling me you won't view him askance? you're not a relativist, so do you only see in absolute terms? if some silly looking dude in ill-fitting walmart items goes around using rhetoric/diction in a seemingly authoritative tone, then he's bound to seen as silly. that's what a new person to a community who sticks their nose too far and right away into a conversation comes off as. how many self-proclaimed stylists are out there who take themselves seriously and look like absolute morons? there's plenty on youtube. sorry dude, the way you've been portraying yourself in a lot of posts make you come off as silly. you seem like you could be smarter than that.
You're misinterpreting my words. Context has nothing to do with how one dresses.
If a random dude gives me medical advice, I would listen to it and discern if it was good or bad advice. Is it supported by scientific evidence or is it just random unsupported shit ?Quote:
i'm sure everyone has their own valid opinions, but people have poor ways of delivering - i.e. their social skills are shit. do you go to a party and start calling people you don't know by their nicknames, do you make fun of some dude you don't know because his friends are ribbing on him?
Actually, no, not every opinion is valid. I just told you I'm not a relativist.
And please, proceed to quote a post where I made fun of someone.Quote:
seriously, this is an online community with established people who are part of it. anybody with some social know-how, tact, and etiquette should be able to treat this forum just like a "real-life" social gathering. who the fuck is this random guy telling me shit like he knows me and knows shit i know i know? (speaking for the many) plenty of new posters have come in and were accepted readily, because they have good social skills and probably know a thing or do about interacting in groups. people get butthurt too easily - learn to have a thicker skin and not take things too seriously, or continue to be overly sensitive and think you can come in with the sense of entitlement others have earned (rightfully or not) - see how far that kind of attitude works in the real world...
You must be mistaking me for some other new forum member.Quote:how am i to take advice from someone on something specialized when they themselves have established no credibility whatsovever?
Credibility has nothing to do with how good or bad the person's advice is. It might influence how much or how little attention you will pay to the advice but that's it.Quote:some some shitty doctor gives me bad advice and i think it's good advice? how am i to know?
Scientific evidence, critical thinking, reason, logic.post #74906 of 1176688/26/12 at 5:55pmpost #74907 of 1176688/26/12 at 5:56pmyes scientific evidence is a great way of measuring styling advice on an internet fashion forum
fashion is inherently subjective -- therefore, someone's commentary carries little weight without a context of that person's backgroundpost #74908 of 1176688/26/12 at 6:00pmpost #74909 of 1176688/26/12 at 6:30pm
This thread is locked
- The WAYWT Discussion Thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- What I Learned from Slim Denim
- › Eidos Napoli 10 seconds ago
- › Viberg Boots 21 seconds ago
- › ***....Falcon Garments - Official Affiliate Thread....*** MTM/MTO... 27 seconds ago
- › NIKE Thread 41 seconds ago
- › Motorcycles 55 seconds ago
- › THE OFFICIAL "streetwear" BALLER BOOT/SHOE THREAD (Guidi, CCP,... 1 minute ago
- › ***Story Et Fall Thread*** 2 minutes ago
- › Manhattan Sales Alert!! 5 minutes ago
- › Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread 6 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 7 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Announcing the winner of the Kent Wang...
- › Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather Cloth
- › The Myth of the Nice Guy: Baseball’s...
- › Three Gin Cocktails for Summertime
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015