That´s a cardigan?? Looks like an oversized collar-less (thick) shirt...
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- What color of DRESS shirt to wear with DARK blue jeans? Last post on 11/4/10 at 7:44am in Classic Menswear
- After Hours Look Last post on 2/23/14 at 5:19pm in Streetwear and Denim
- shirts and general fit question for V shaped body Last post on 4/29/13 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my ModernTailor shirt fit & measurements Last post on 9/1/11 at 10:42am in Classic Menswear
- High-quality white shirt on short notice (in New York?) Last post on 12/15/12 at 5:06am in Classic Menswear
What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
The WAYWT Discussion Thread - Page 4994
Styleforum Top Picks
let's try again:
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Army print cargos - GAP
Brown/Cherry boots - Timerland
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Black waxed denim - Nudie Thin Finns
Black leather boot - Palladium
Edited by Master-Classter - 8/26/12 at 5:17pm
If you must go with a polo, look for one that (at least) appears to hug you sholders. Skinny arms don´t look well there. It´s what´s happening to another guy over in MC. I don´t like the pants myself. Fit wise they look alright on the thighs, but too big and making an awkward shape from the knee down. Also not a big fan of the boots. All that + the choice of color gives it a not so good military feel. Just my $0.02.
Edited by Lionheart Biker - 8/26/12 at 5:24pm
ok so pants are in the get rid of soon pile. will rework the boots and use the polo for layering.
Not feeling it. Makes me think of this
I think a different top that fits better on the arms would do the trick.
apart from the mime aesthetic, It looks snug at the torso then very loose at the actual arm holes. Maybe thats ok by the stylegods, but makes me antsy
sorry, but this response irked me so that i had to respond. are you saying contextualization is not needed for understanding, especially in a "niche" area such as fashion. if random dude comes off the street and tells you he's an oncologist and starts giving you advice, you're telling me you won't view him askance? you're not a relativist, so do you only see in absolute terms? if some silly looking dude in ill-fitting walmart items goes around using rhetoric/diction in a seemingly authoritative tone, then he's bound to seen as silly. that's what a new person to a community who sticks their nose too far and right away into a conversation comes off as. how many self-proclaimed stylists are out there who take themselves seriously and look like absolute morons? there's plenty on youtube. sorry dude, the way you've been portraying yourself in a lot of posts make you come off as silly. you seem like you could be smarter than that.
You're misinterpreting my words. Context has nothing to do with how one dresses.
If a random dude gives me medical advice, I would listen to it and discern if it was good or bad advice. Is it supported by scientific evidence or is it just random unsupported shit ?
i'm sure everyone has their own valid opinions, but people have poor ways of delivering - i.e. their social skills are shit. do you go to a party and start calling people you don't know by their nicknames, do you make fun of some dude you don't know because his friends are ribbing on him?
Actually, no, not every opinion is valid. I just told you I'm not a relativist.
And please, proceed to quote a post where I made fun of someone.
seriously, this is an online community with established people who are part of it. anybody with some social know-how, tact, and etiquette should be able to treat this forum just like a "real-life" social gathering. who the fuck is this random guy telling me shit like he knows me and knows shit i know i know? (speaking for the many) plenty of new posters have come in and were accepted readily, because they have good social skills and probably know a thing or do about interacting in groups. people get butthurt too easily - learn to have a thicker skin and not take things too seriously, or continue to be overly sensitive and think you can come in with the sense of entitlement others have earned (rightfully or not) - see how far that kind of attitude works in the real world...
You must be mistaking me for some other new forum member.
Credibility has nothing to do with how good or bad the person's advice is. It might influence how much or how little attention you will pay to the advice but that's it.
Scientific evidence, critical thinking, reason, logic.
fashion is inherently subjective -- therefore, someone's commentary carries little weight without a context of that person's background
- The WAYWT Discussion Thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- › Sole Welting 41 seconds ago
- › Shoe Damage Report & Shoe P0rn Central - Part II 2 minutes ago
- › Norse Projects Redwood wool sweater — M 2 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 4 minutes ago
- › Offical Barbour Thread 5 minutes ago
- › ENGINEERED GARMENTS Navy melton wool Baker jacket — L 9 minutes ago
- › WAYWRN: MC Casual Style 9 minutes ago
- › The Tailors' Thread: Fit Feedback and Alteration Suggestions 9 minutes ago
- › GentlemensFootwear.com (Carmina, Drakes, Cappelli, Finamore) -... 13 minutes ago
- › Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos 16 minutes ago
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Best Website For The Movies?
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)