Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- What color of DRESS shirt to wear with DARK blue jeans? Last post on 11/4/10 at 7:44am in Classic Menswear
- After Hours Look Last post on 2/23/14 at 5:19pm in Streetwear and Denim
- shirts and general fit question for V shaped body Last post on 4/29/13 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my ModernTailor shirt fit & measurements Last post on 9/1/11 at 10:42am in Classic Menswear
- High-quality white shirt on short notice (in New York?) Last post on 12/15/12 at 5:06am in Classic Menswear
What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- ASPECD Apparel
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Andrews Sartorial Luxury Collection
- Meermin Mallorca
- Moda Republic
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- Nice Laundry
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- United Stock Dry Goods
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
The WAYWT Discussion Thread - Page 4994
Styleforum Top Picks
sorry, but this response irked me so that i had to respond. are you saying contextualization is not needed for understanding, especially in a "niche" area such as fashion. if random dude comes off the street and tells you he's an oncologist and starts giving you advice, you're telling me you won't view him askance? you're not a relativist, so do you only see in absolute terms? if some silly looking dude in ill-fitting walmart items goes around using rhetoric/diction in a seemingly authoritative tone, then he's bound to seen as silly. that's what a new person to a community who sticks their nose too far and right away into a conversation comes off as. how many self-proclaimed stylists are out there who take themselves seriously and look like absolute morons? there's plenty on youtube. sorry dude, the way you've been portraying yourself in a lot of posts make you come off as silly. you seem like you could be smarter than that.
i'm sure everyone has their own valid opinions, but people have poor ways of delivering - i.e. their social skills are shit. do you go to a party and start calling people you don't know by their nicknames, do you make fun of some dude you don't know because his friends are ribbing on him? seriously, this is an online community with established people who are part of it. anybody with some social know-how, tact, and etiquette should be able to treat this forum just like a "real-life" social gathering. who the fuck is this random guy telling me shit like he knows me and knows shit i know i know? (speaking for the many) plenty of new posters have come in and were accepted readily, because they have good social skills and probably know a thing or do about interacting in groups. people get butthurt too easily - learn to have a thicker skin and not take things too seriously, or continue to be overly sensitive and think you can come in with the sense of entitlement others have earned (rightfully or not) - see how far that kind of attitude works in the real world...
anyway /rant and welcome all the newbies to the forum...maybe lurk more and learn the dynamics or don't and fight an uphill battle from the established pissy-people or the newly-established pissy people...
edit: good advice does not stand on it's own always - or even most of the time. how am i to take advice from someone on something specialized when they themselves have established no credibility whatsovever? what if i don't know anything about "style" or stupid rules and such subjective things and end up taking shit commentary seriously? Rather, what if i have no medical background whatsoever - and to turn around your poor comparison - some some shitty doctor gives me bad advice and i think it's good advice? how am i to know? perhaps it's you who doesn't understand how "fashion, style or knowledge works"? do you realize how fucking condescending that sounds?
Edited by BreezyBirch - 8/26/12 at 3:36pm
In general, I meant, not necessarily the cluster of posts that has us involved in this oh-so-delightful digression.
let's try again:
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Army print cargos - GAP
Brown/Cherry boots - Timerland
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Black waxed denim - Nudie Thin Finns
Black leather boot - Palladium
Edited by Master-Classter - 8/26/12 at 5:17pm
If you must go with a polo, look for one that (at least) appears to hug you sholders. Skinny arms don´t look well there. It´s what´s happening to another guy over in MC. I don´t like the pants myself. Fit wise they look alright on the thighs, but too big and making an awkward shape from the knee down. Also not a big fan of the boots. All that + the choice of color gives it a not so good military feel. Just my $0.02.
Edited by Lionheart Biker - 8/26/12 at 5:24pm
ok so pants are in the get rid of soon pile. will rework the boots and use the polo for layering.
Not feeling it. Makes me think of this
I think a different top that fits better on the arms would do the trick.
apart from the mime aesthetic, It looks snug at the torso then very loose at the actual arm holes. Maybe thats ok by the stylegods, but makes me antsy
- The WAYWT Discussion Thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 54 seconds ago
- › FLECS Italian brand shoes in USA? 59 seconds ago
- › Stephan Schneider. You'll Always Find Me In The Kitchen At Parties. 1 minute ago
- › The Home Ownership Thread 2 minutes ago
- › The New Official Wolf vs. Goat Thread 2 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 3 minutes ago
- › IC: Red Pierre Hardy High Tops - Sz 45 4 minutes ago
- › Sunglasses NOT owned by Luxottica 5 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Howard Yount: Affiliate thread 5 minutes ago
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Pullovers)