This thread has been horrible recently.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- What color of DRESS shirt to wear with DARK blue jeans? Last post on 11/4/10 at 7:44am in Classic Menswear
- After Hours Look Last post on 2/23/14 at 5:19pm in Streetwear and Denim
- shirts and general fit question for V shaped body Last post on 4/29/13 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my ModernTailor shirt fit & measurements Last post on 9/1/11 at 10:42am in Classic Menswear
- High-quality white shirt on short notice (in New York?) Last post on 12/15/12 at 5:06am in Classic Menswear
What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- ASPECD Apparel
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Andrews Sartorial Luxury Collection
- Meermin Mallorca
- Moda Republic
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- Nice Laundry
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- United Stock Dry Goods
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
The WAYWT Discussion Thread - Page 4989
Styleforum Top Picks
If you look at where his torso meets his calves, you can see the proportions are quite slanted. An additional half inch would be needed just for things to look balanced. Not to mention the thighs and the hips, which are too parallel for the proportions to work. I think reducing the shin area by around 2-3" would fix that problem nicely. Still, after all this is accomplished, you're left with that excess fabric above and below the rib cage. In that case you'd need shears to lop off around 6.5" inches from the left ventricle. Nothing a good tailor can't fix.
The jacket is ending at the base of the thumb and I find really improbable that his thumbs are 1 inch long (mines are 2,35") , that is why, in my opinion, about 2 inches will be needed.
The photo, indeed, does not help us to guess his proportions, the low rise jeans can get us to think that he has a long torso and short legs, but the lens of the cellphone camera have some guilt on it.
nobody gives a shit about your reactionary notions of how a jacket should fit. thx
seriously, what's up with 10 new people every day in this threads, all with -10 posts and all acting like they know everything?
well you seem nice enough, where'd you learn to insult people with such brilliant points of criticism?
you even care enough to explain to me that your assumptions about my age are based on my fitpics, because otherwise, god forbid, one could think that you with all your..."brilliantness" might have hacked my facebook or some shit like that
no but seriously mate, welcome to this forum
- The WAYWT Discussion Thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- › What music are you listening to lately? 5 minutes ago
- › Glasses Advice 7 minutes ago
- › Online stores that offer Tom Ford? 10 minutes ago
- › The new official TOJ thread, 2011 11 minutes ago
- › The Official Vanda Fine Clothing Thread 12 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 13 minutes ago
- › Thương Hiệu Đồng Hồ Hàng Đầu Thế Giới – Đồng Hồ Casio 17 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 17 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts 18 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 20 minutes ago
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Pullovers)