those duck boots are pretty ridiculous
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- What color of DRESS shirt to wear with DARK blue jeans? Last post on 11/4/10 at 7:44am in Classic Menswear
- MARGARET HOWELL Fall/Winter 2013 Last post on 7/16/15 at 4:16pm in Streetwear and Denim
- After Hours Look Last post on 2/23/14 at 5:19pm in Streetwear and Denim
- shirts and general fit question for V shaped body Last post on 4/29/13 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my ModernTailor shirt fit & measurements Last post on 9/1/11 at 10:42am in Classic Menswear
CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...
Last edited: 3/30/15
- What I Learned from Slim DenimLast edited: 12/21/14
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
The WAYWT Discussion Thread - Page 4941
Styleforum Top Pickspost #74102 of 1176688/14/12 at 4:33pmpost #74103 of 1176688/14/12 at 4:37pmpost #74104 of 1176688/14/12 at 4:38pmpost #74105 of 1176688/14/12 at 4:45pmpost #74106 of 1176688/14/12 at 4:51pmpost #74107 of 1176688/14/12 at 5:24pmQuote:
Dude, I mean visual appeal.Quote:
I drove it pretty hard.. the tiptronics got great reviews at the time, and in 2002 everyone had to have one.. should've bought the vr6 manualpost #74108 of 1176688/14/12 at 5:27pmi know nothing about cars but I will never own a fucking tiptronic. Wow, you get to change gears, but you don't get clutch control, which is the whole point of a manual - more control. Seems like a silly gimmick to me.post #74109 of 1176688/14/12 at 5:44pmpost #74110 of 1176688/14/12 at 5:50pmpost #74111 of 1176688/14/12 at 5:55pmI just test drove an impreza last weekend and it had tiptronic paddles. Was fun to drive because it was reminiscent of a Ferrari
But I think the shifters has a purpose besides being gimmicky. Doesn't it preserve the brakes since you can decelerate by shifting down?(instead of braking)
I don't know much about engines/transmissionspost #74112 of 1176688/14/12 at 6:17pmpost #74113 of 1176688/14/12 at 6:31pmpost #74114 of 1176688/14/12 at 6:54pm
No, snow is right.
The trade-off is that you may put more wear on your torque converter or whatever you have, which is probably more expensive than brake pads.
Or on a manual it's the same argument with clutch vs. brake pads.
If you don't suck at driving, with a manual you can rev match your downshifts and that eliminates this problem. And on some very high-end cars, the new automatics will rev-match your downshifts for you, which does basically the same thing. So if you've got one of those going for you, then it's absolutely useful in slowing down.post #74115 of 1176688/14/12 at 6:57pmbut still lacking that actual control you have with a manual. Sure, the machine might be able to rev match, but that's not going to be perfectly appropriate for every situation, and even if it were, you lack that actual feeling of control.
This thread is locked
- The WAYWT Discussion Thread
- What I Learned from Slim Denim
- › THE OFFICIAL "streetwear" BALLER BOOT/SHOE THREAD ***700usd Min*** 52 seconds ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 1 minute ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 4 minutes ago
- › things that are making you happy 8 minutes ago
- › Sartoria Formosa Navy Nailhead 8 minutes ago
- › What Movies Are You Watching Lately 9 minutes ago
- › WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style 10 minutes ago
- › *** Visvim thread: Dissertation on a Japanese Holy Spirit *** 14 minutes ago
- › suede shoes - post 'em here! 14 minutes ago
- › Visvim Harris Tweed Mechanics Jacket 17 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...