Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- What color of DRESS shirt to wear with DARK blue jeans? Last post on 11/4/10 at 7:44am in Classic Menswear
- MARGARET HOWELL Fall/Winter 2013 Last post on 7/16/15 at 4:16pm in Streetwear and Denim
- After Hours Look Last post on 2/23/14 at 5:19pm in Streetwear and Denim
- shirts and general fit question for V shaped body Last post on 4/29/13 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my ModernTailor shirt fit & measurements Last post on 9/1/11 at 10:42am in Classic Menswear
CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...
Last edited: 3/30/15
- What I Learned from Slim DenimLast edited: 12/21/14
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
The WAYWT Discussion Thread - Page 4939post #74071 of 1176688/14/12 at 1:18pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #74072 of 1176688/14/12 at 1:28pmpost #74073 of 1176688/14/12 at 1:28pmpost #74074 of 1176688/14/12 at 1:30pmpost #74075 of 1176688/14/12 at 1:37pmpost #74076 of 1176688/14/12 at 1:38pmpost #74077 of 1176688/14/12 at 1:38pmpost #74078 of 1176688/14/12 at 1:39pmQuote:
I'll give you an actual reason.
I used to wear polos because I wanted something less than an actual shirt, but I have a really long neck, which is accentuated when I don't have any sort of collar (in other words, if I wear a t-shirt). A polo has at least some height in the collar and provides some framing around the neck.
I'm not saying this is a great reason or that polos are stylish but if you have a long neck, there is something to be gained from choosing a polo over a t-shirt if those are your only two choices.post #74079 of 1176688/14/12 at 1:41pmpost #74080 of 1176688/14/12 at 1:41pmpost #74081 of 1176688/14/12 at 1:53pmpost #74082 of 1176688/14/12 at 2:07pmpost #74083 of 1176688/14/12 at 2:12pmHey, but really, this "X is a staple" seems like a crutch at times to help justify owning a lot of bland clothes. Perhaps they're a staple in the average guy's wardrobe, but don't communities such as this exist in part to interact with people who aren't too eager to have the average guy's closet? It's always weird to see people here complain about clothing that is too left-of-center by traditional standards, as though this place isn't a forum for people who have more than just a passing interesting in clothing/style/fashion. And it's silly to act as though there is no middle ground between a wardrobe of bland "staples" and man-skirts paired with big-heeled boots.post #74084 of 1176688/14/12 at 2:18pmQuote:
The 135i is a pretty awesome car. I don't see why people say the 1-series is ugly, it looks much better in person.
Anyhow, slap on a tune + DP + FMIC and maybe exhaust/intake and you have a pretty fast car.
I think plain polos are okay.post #74085 of 1176688/14/12 at 2:23pm
This thread is locked
- The WAYWT Discussion Thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- What I Learned from Slim Denim
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 26 seconds ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe, Saint Crispin's -... 2 minutes ago
- › HOF: Labels, heels and nail patterns - Secrets to ID the maker 3 minutes ago
- › Sutor Mantellasi Norwegian-Welt - 9.5D 3 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 6 minutes ago
- › Insurrection / Thurston Bros., Aero Leather Jackets North America -... 7 minutes ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 8 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 10 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 11 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 11 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...