Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- What color of DRESS shirt to wear with DARK blue jeans? Last post on 11/4/10 at 7:44am in Classic Menswear
- MARGARET HOWELL Fall/Winter 2013 Last post on 7/16/15 at 4:16pm in Streetwear and Denim
- After Hours Look Last post on 2/23/14 at 5:19pm in Streetwear and Denim
- shirts and general fit question for V shaped body Last post on 4/29/13 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my ModernTailor shirt fit & measurements Last post on 9/1/11 at 10:42am in Classic Menswear
CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...
Last edited: 3/30/15
- What I Learned from Slim DenimLast edited: 12/21/14
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
The WAYWT Discussion Thread - Page 4926post #73876 of 1176688/11/12 at 9:28pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #73877 of 1176688/11/12 at 9:28pmpost #73878 of 1176688/11/12 at 10:42pmQuote:Originally Posted by HorsesAreNeat
First post on this forum, hopefully I'm doing it right.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Can I ask if the skinhead thing is intentional? I guess it doesn't matter really.
I quite like it. I think i'd prefer it if the shoes were different, maybe black not brown.
Just in case you didn't know, one of the most unappreciated threads on this forum has a few original skinheads who discuss some aspects of that style.post #73879 of 1176688/11/12 at 10:56pm
fellas, i've been lurking*, participating*, trying to find my identity, dont be rude but... am i a fashion disaster if i go out like this tonight? normally wear dark or black denim, but I thought i'd make use of the so cali summer and incorporate my off white/cream strongholds and possibly a short sleeve into my warddrobe tonight.
*more like brand whoring, but i'm learning.
n. hoolywood shirt, stronghold jeans, lanvin highs
5th avenue jacket, robert geller shirt, stronghold jeans, lanvin kicks
Edited by ExAngel - 8/13/12 at 2:05ampost #73880 of 1176688/11/12 at 10:58pmpost #73881 of 1176688/11/12 at 11:01pmpost #73882 of 1176688/11/12 at 11:05pmpost #73883 of 1176688/11/12 at 11:08pmQuote:
too true.. i do have slimmer mids and lows that I normally use, i'm just desperately trying to justify the use of these lanvin high tops. the only way i've made them look normal is by wearing basketball shorts, thus rendering a huge contrast in size. still looking a little circus-y
Edited by ExAngel - 8/12/12 at 9:20ampost #73884 of 1176688/11/12 at 11:10pmpost #73885 of 1176688/11/12 at 11:12pmThe high tops are throwing everything off, thisisblex. Both outfits would be vastly improved if you swapped those out for some slim-ish boots. Abandoning the high tops might also improve the look of those jeans, which look oddly proportioned. (kind of baggy in the thighs but then really slim below the knee).post #73886 of 1176688/11/12 at 11:14pmpost #73887 of 1176688/11/12 at 11:15pmpost #73888 of 1176688/11/12 at 11:16pmQuote:Originally Posted by thisisblex
too true.. i do have slimmer mids and lows that I normally use, i'm just desperately trying to justify the use of these lanvin high tops. the only way i've made them look normal is by wearing drop crotch shorts, thus rendering a huge contrast in size. still looking a little circus-y
I know you're still finding your way and I'm biased against the baller sneaker movement, but I think you're going to ruin a lot of potentially good ensembles if you keep trying to strong-arm those Lanvins into the mix. But again, Lanvins are near the top of the list of "SW&D favorites I don't see the appeal of," so your mileage may vary in the eyes of others.post #73889 of 1176688/11/12 at 11:16pmpost #73890 of 1176688/11/12 at 11:21pmQuote:Originally Posted by APK
I know you're still finding your way and I'm biased against the baller sneaker movement, but I think you're going to ruin a lot of potentially good ensembles if you keep trying to strong-arm those Lanvins into the mix. But again, Lanvins are near the top of the list of "SW&D favorites I don't see the appeal of," so your mileage may vary in the eyes of others.
thats definitely the way i feel at the moment, and i'm not sure i'm willing to justify finding an ensemble to suit the lanvins. unfortunately i'm not as much of a fan of the lows. if i can find the mids on sale i might bite, otherwise I might need to start looking at a nice pair of boots.
This thread is locked
- The WAYWT Discussion Thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- What I Learned from Slim Denim
- › Enzo Bonafe Handmade Shoes. 4 seconds ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 9 seconds ago
- › Neapolitan Sport Coat 21 seconds ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › it’s not a GIRLY job 5 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 7 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 8 minutes ago
- › MC General Chat 11 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 12 minutes ago
- › Motorcycles 14 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...