How does the stuff compare with American Crew Fiber Wax/d'ya think it'd be any good on Asian hair?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- What color of DRESS shirt to wear with DARK blue jeans? Last post on 11/4/10 at 7:44am in Classic Menswear
- MARGARET HOWELL Fall/Winter 2013 Last post on 1/12/17 at 11:10pm in Streetwear and Denim
- After Hours Look Last post on 2/23/14 at 5:19pm in Streetwear and Denim
- shirts and general fit question for V shaped body Last post on 4/29/13 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my ModernTailor shirt fit & measurements Last post on 9/1/11 at 10:42am in Classic Menswear
Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how should I wash them
Last edited: 5/19/16
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Where should the points on my shirt collar lie in relation to my...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Are APCs a good starter pair of raw denim jeans?Last edited: 1/27/16
- Can the Waistband from Selvedge Jeans be taken in?Last edited: 1/27/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The WAYWT Discussion Thread - Page 4912post #73666 of 1176668/7/12 at 7:12pmpost #73667 of 1176668/7/12 at 7:30pmpost #73668 of 1176668/7/12 at 7:35pmpost #73669 of 1176668/7/12 at 8:51pmQuote:Originally Posted by mike868y
This fit seems to illustrate a reoccurring problem with cdhagg's fits in that he doesn't really commit fully to one look or another. FWIW, I think his slimmer, black fits looked better on him, but if he would rather do the americana/preppy vibe (which won't get much love here, but if he likes it I think he could pull it off well), then he needs to do it right instead of continuing the straddle the fence. either way, the hair needs fixing (and this is coming from me, lol).
I think I get what you're saying about "straddling the fence." Any "straddling" isn't intentional, but probably the result of a not-sufficiently-formed sense of style.Quote:
Actually, the blazer is a completely unstructured jersey knit with some stretch, and ragged seams and pockets. It is dark, though.pics (Click to show)Quote:Originally Posted by C DicksonWright
I used to work at a hair salon, so I'll chime in my 2cents.
CDHagg, you seem to have thick, frizzy hair which is rare, but still found, in Caucasians.
Pomades won't be of much help to you because they are petroleum- or lanolin-based, and only help to seal in moisture found naturally in hair. Moisture is normally absent in frizzy hair. In other words, it won't keep in what ain't there to start with.
What I'd recommend is that you consider a chemical relaxant. I won't endorse a single brand, but make sure it is a beta-mercapto-ethanol (BME) based product. BME will remove the frizziness and help your hair strands to absorb moisture, which you can then seal in with your pomade or gel of choice. Do not use a BME-based product more than once a week. Also, before you begin any regimen, test a small sample on a small patch on your hair to make sure you are not allergic.
Thanks for the info - I'll look into this stuff.
Thanks for all the comments everybody.post #73670 of 1176668/8/12 at 12:05ampost #73671 of 1176668/8/12 at 1:21ampost #73672 of 1176668/8/12 at 3:07ampost #73673 of 1176668/8/12 at 4:29ampost #73674 of 1176668/8/12 at 6:40ampost #73675 of 1176668/8/12 at 6:58amThread Starterpost #73676 of 1176668/8/12 at 7:15ampost #73677 of 1176668/8/12 at 7:21ampost #73678 of 1176668/8/12 at 8:44ampost #73679 of 1176668/8/12 at 8:48ampost #73680 of 1176668/8/12 at 9:10am
This thread is locked
- The WAYWT Discussion Thread
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 14 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate "HARDCORE" Shoe Porn Thread (Bespoke only) 18 minutes ago
- › Exquisite Trimmings - Based in London, UK - Official Affiliate Thread 29 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 35 minutes ago
- › DE PETRILLO NAPOLI BLUE GINGHAM CHECK SPORT COAT EU52R fits EU50 /... 36 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 38 minutes ago
- › Equus Leather - Bridle Leather Belts - Official Affiliate Thread 39 minutes ago
- › Poor man's watch thread 41 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 47 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 48 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...