or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The WAYWT Discussion Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The WAYWT Discussion Thread - Page 4857  

post #72841 of 117668
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parker View Post

yeah, I admit sandals aren't for everyone. maybe not even for me. I also get the argument that there's usually a better regular shoe/boot/sneaker choice and that no one wants to look at dudes' raggedy-ass feet. but, I live near the beach and it's just part of life.

also, I think cropped pants go better with bare legs than socks. unless you're doing some kind of baseball or vintage golf inspired look ;-)

agreed, though depends on the sandals :
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuuma 
-A good Birkenstock fit is a contradiction in terms like a tender rapist or Nazi rabbi.
post #72842 of 117668
i like the way sandals look but they're definitely better for certain environments. near the beach is perfect. midtown manhattan...eh, not so much. not to say you can't wear them, but it's grossed me out a bit whenever I have.
post #72843 of 117668
Snow, I really hate the fit of that AWang shirt, it's cut like a blouse with a really unflattering v/u-neck. Sleeves are also strangely long, make your arms look T-Rex short. I prefer your F/W fits frown.gif
post #72844 of 117668
I think the t-shirt just looks 1 - 2 sizes too large. The shoulder seams hit well past the peaks of the shoulders.
post #72845 of 117668
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkRanger View Post

IMG_3723.jpg
 

What shirt is that?

 

Edit: @SVB I originally asked about GuyBurgess's trousers a few pages back, then saw the answer when I read a bit further so edited it out, Shah hasn't gone crazy, my bad shog[1].gif


Edited by slstr - 7/16/12 at 12:39pm
post #72846 of 117668
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1969 View Post

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Quote:
Originally Posted by StanleyVanBuren View Post

49f4fa8e_IMG_0546.jpeg

Are your shoulders always in different zip codes like this?

 

um, no.

 

must just be my stance in that fit.

post #72847 of 117668
Quote:
Originally Posted by reedobandito View Post

Snow, I really hate the fit of that AWang shirt, it's cut like a blouse with a really unflattering v/u-neck. Sleeves are also strangely long, make your arms look T-Rex short. I prefer your F/W fits frown.gif
I was going for that t shirt tucked into pants look a la tres bien shop.
I'm getting some black high tops so I'll be able to continue my fw silhouette into summer smile.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by snake View Post

Cool clutch snow!
How are those awang tees? worth it?
I really like them. Its a tencel wool mix which makes it nicer in person. It also looks better with trousers IMO.
I bought them from yoox for 40 dollars or so and if a white pops up I'd like to add that to my collection. That's a size small, and I have a grey long sleeve and short sleeve in an xs. Long sleeve looks good scrunched up to the elbow with my kva shorts.
The ones on the Wang site aren't the same ones I've got so I can't speak on those.
post #72848 of 117668
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowmanxl View Post

I was going for that t shirt tucked into pants look a la tres bien shop.
I'm getting some black high tops so I'll be able to continue my fw silhouette into summer smile.gif
I really like them. Its a tencel wool mix which makes it nicer in person. It also looks better with trousers IMO.
I bought them from yoox for 40 dollars or so and if a white pops up I'd like to add that to my collection. That's a size small, and I have a grey long sleeve and short sleeve in an xs. Long sleeve looks good scrunched up to the elbow with my kva shorts.
The ones on the Wang site aren't the same ones I've got so I can't speak on those.

I really like that TBS look when the tall guy with the cool hair does it, but I think it may be something very difficult to pull if if you have a short torso or are under around 6'

No offense buddy
post #72849 of 117668
x-post from should I or shouldn't I (waffling ever-so-slightly on the shirt):

700

Silent
Attachment
Julius
post #72850 of 117668
Quote:
Originally Posted by reedobandito View Post

I really like that TBS look when the tall guy with the cool hair does it, but I think it may be something very difficult to pull if if you have a short torso or are under around 6'
No offense buddy

none taken reedo!

it helps when i wear a coat (linen silk) over the tee, makes it look more proportional. unfortunately its just too hot.
post #72851 of 117668
I'm aspiring to be RegisDB9 on a budget.... going for a beachy washed out feel here, still with clean lines though.

Daytime

H&M, H&M, Purcells
img0052mt.jpg
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
img0057sty.jpg


Nighttime (and yeah yeah I know, foot game's the weakest part of my wardrobe right now)

not sure on the color combo here....
H&M, Uniqlo (plus heavy tailoring), Browns
img0059cdi.jpg
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
img0058nj.jpg
post #72852 of 117668
Colors look fine on the second fit I think, but I'm not diggin the first one too much. The wash on the jeans, and the pink polo, aren't exactly my favorite.

As you've pointed out, solid footwear is key. I think that you're doing just fine with the Purcells, but if you can find a cheap pair of boots then your second fit will look much better. Granted the quality isn't superb, I think Aldo has a got a pair of Chelseas or side-zips with a nice profile that you might want to check out. satisfied.gif
post #72853 of 117668
the first one makes you look like a frat student

The second looks better, but as pointed out above, needs better shoes.
post #72854 of 117668
Quote:
Originally Posted by notwithit View Post

x-post from should I or shouldn't I (waffling ever-so-slightly on the shirt):
700
Silent
Attachment
Julius

i think you should taper those attachments. i want to do the same but i don't know where to go to do it because of its shape. don't want to end up with some botched hybrid between j shaped and straight jeans.
post #72855 of 117668
Quote:
Originally Posted by pickpackpockpuck View Post

i like the way sandals look but they're definitely better for certain environments. near the beach is perfect. midtown manhattan...eh, not so much. not to say you can't wear them, but it's grossed me out a bit whenever I have.

This is why I'm pretty much a beach bum, can't go 2 days without some sandals. Even when I wear shoes I go sock-less so I can imagine I'm in sandals
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The WAYWT Discussion Thread