Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- What color of DRESS shirt to wear with DARK blue jeans? Last post on 11/4/10 at 7:44am in Classic Menswear
- MARGARET HOWELL Fall/Winter 2013 Last post on 11/10/15 at 12:52pm in Streetwear and Denim
- After Hours Look Last post on 2/23/14 at 5:19pm in Streetwear and Denim
- shirts and general fit question for V shaped body Last post on 4/29/13 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my ModernTailor shirt fit & measurements Last post on 9/1/11 at 10:42am in Classic Menswear
CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...
Last edited: 3/30/15
- What I Learned from Slim DenimLast edited: 12/21/14
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Wurkin Stiffs
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The WAYWT Discussion Thread - Page 4791post #71851 of 1176666/29/12 at 4:30pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #71852 of 1176666/29/12 at 4:55pmI thought about driving to Ft Collins to get a shiba from a rescue there, but the descriptions turned me off. They were all like, "this dog will not come in your house, will fight with other dogs, even its mother, and hates children". So, I adopted a boxer/whippet mix instead. Shibas are cute dogs, though.post #71853 of 1176666/29/12 at 5:03pmYellow labs all the way fellas. Sadly, mine is turning into a pseudo -blind and -deaf doormat.
Weird thing is that, when I was about 10 (when we got her), I thought that it would be easier to see her age while I was in college; I'd be "far away," and not have to deal with her when she starts getting to "that age." Then I saw parts of the movie My Dog Skip.post #71854 of 1176666/29/12 at 5:11pmpost #71855 of 1176666/29/12 at 5:11pmpost #71856 of 1176666/29/12 at 5:17pmpost #71857 of 1176666/29/12 at 5:18pmpost #71858 of 1176666/29/12 at 5:20pmHate to be the guy to follow up after a Snake fit, but here goes.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)Yeah, yeah, I know, it's not really SW&D, but if SVB can do it all the time, I can do it once in a while.
Blazer is flax linen, hence the wrinkles.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Chino: Incotex (linochino)
Watch: Seiko (duh)post #71859 of 1176666/29/12 at 5:23pmpost #71860 of 1176666/29/12 at 5:28pmI want to spend all my thumbs up on that snake fit.
In other news, just because there's a fit that you like doesn't mean that person should wear that shit over and over. Everyone knows a leather jacket + white tee is a fail safe combo. i'm not going to enjoy what i wear if i listen to this advice. Imagine how lame it would be if, say, snake stopped wearing what he likes and just replicates the the fits that got the most thumbs over and over. I know it's well intentioned and all but it's counterproductive.post #71861 of 1176666/29/12 at 5:32pmpost #71862 of 1176666/29/12 at 5:46pmQuote:Originally Posted by hendrix
I want to spend all my thumbs up on that snake fit.
In other news, just because there's a fit that you like doesn't mean that person should wear that shit over and over. Everyone knows a leather jacket + white tee is a fail safe combo. i'm not going to enjoy what i wear if i listen to this advice. Imagine how lame it would be if, say, snake stopped wearing what he likes and just replicates the the fits that got the most thumbs over and over. I know it's well intentioned and all but it's counterproductive.
"On the Contrary"
if I put up a fit, and—
there are dozens—of people—watching the thread
and what happens is:
what—am I—to make of it?
GOING NUDE FROM NOW ON GUYS
Edited by thewho13 - 6/29/12 at 6:20pmpost #71863 of 1176666/29/12 at 5:49pmpost #71864 of 1176666/29/12 at 5:50pmQuote:Originally Posted by saludoalostros
Parker, that is not the point. As Jet pointed out, you can get Uniqlo t-shirts for $6.
GAP T-shirts are marked $44.95 on the card tag, and then coated with sticker after sticker $39.95. $24.95. $12.99. $3.99. Finally $1.99 and yes, then a lot of people pick them up. When you are in the GAP store, the place is overflowing with a tidal wave of thousands upon thousands of t-shirts, all scattered on the floor and piled into that sandbin-like platform in the middle of the store, like a ginormous garbage heap.
Doesn't that bother you a little? Forget the question of GAP quality--just consider the sheer disrespect for clothes, money, and production values that is so blatant in GAP stores.
I have no problems at all with "inexpensive". Some of the best things in life are "inexpensive", because most people don't know about them. But something is wrong with this kind of inexpensive.
Then there is the question of "quality". Going by online "reviews' by "customers" on GAP's website, GAP clothes are the finest things on Earth, worthy of emperors and Mr Burns.
You try it on in store, it fits. You wear it, for 4 days in June 2012. you then throw it into the washer. It says "Machine wash cold, delicate cycle". For cotton?!?! Anywho, follow the instructions.
after the wash, you open the machine. The machine is coated with a fine layer of cotton fibres cluster-mushy thingys. Good thing you didn't put your Yohji black hakama harem whatever weirdo pants in there with the GAP t-shirt, otherwise the black Yohji would be coated with GAP t-shirt lint! The t-shirt also appears to be a different shape. Moving on, you put in the dryer, delicate heat, follow the instructions. You check the lint-trap--there is enough cotton fibre in there that you'd think half of Burkino Faso's production this year is trapped in it.
The t-shirt is now a different shape, and doesn't feel as "soft" as it felt at the store. The collar welt looks like a puppy chewed on it. The colour has faded also. It's 4 days later!
But who cares! If you are using coin-operated laundry, it's $1 for the wash, and $1.25 for the dryer. $2.25 total. THe t-shirt only cost you $1.99. So you reason, next time don't do laundry. Just throw it out and buy another GAP T-shirt. There was a pile of t-shirts the size of Kilimanjaro after all! Is it just me, or is something wrong with this?
Dude you have already filled the dumb comments cabinet...
time to start filing under super stupid comments
This thread is locked
- The WAYWT Discussion Thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- What I Learned from Slim Denim
- › The Original Chippewa Heritage Boot Line 1 minute ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 2 minutes ago
- › SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread 3 minutes ago
- › John Elliott + Co - official affiliate thread 3 minutes ago
- › Alden, RL by C&J, Rider Boot Co., Viberg Shell - Cordovan/Suede... 6 minutes ago
- › Shoe Damage Report & Shoe P0rn Central - Part II 9 minutes ago
- › Epaulet Factory Finds Sportscoat - 37R NWOT 9 minutes ago
- › The Official RRL Thread 10 minutes ago
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... 10 minutes ago
- › Official 2015-2016 college football thread 12 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Christopher Ward C60 Trident Pro Auto by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › The Huckberry x Styleforum Holiday Gift Guide
- › In Passing: Style on the Streets of Toronto
- › Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200
- › Gifts for the Stylish Man
- › The Best of The Proper Kit in N.Y.C.
- › On the Road: Shop the Styleforum x No Man...
- › On the Road: Styleforum x No Man Walks Alone
- › An Interview with G. Bruce Boyer
- › The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Accessories