Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- What color of DRESS shirt to wear with DARK blue jeans? Last post on 11/4/10 at 7:44am in Classic Menswear
- MARGARET HOWELL Fall/Winter 2013 Last post on 6/22/16 at 6:47pm in Streetwear and Denim
- After Hours Look Last post on 2/23/14 at 5:19pm in Streetwear and Denim
- shirts and general fit question for V shaped body Last post on 4/29/13 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my ModernTailor shirt fit & measurements Last post on 9/1/11 at 10:42am in Classic Menswear
Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how should I wash them
Last edited: 5/19/16
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Where should the points on my shirt collar lie in relation to my...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Are APCs a good starter pair of raw denim jeans?Last edited: 1/27/16
- Can the Waistband from Selvedge Jeans be taken in?Last edited: 1/27/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The WAYWT Discussion Thread - Page 4791post #71851 of 1176666/29/12 at 4:30pmpost #71852 of 1176666/29/12 at 4:55pmI thought about driving to Ft Collins to get a shiba from a rescue there, but the descriptions turned me off. They were all like, "this dog will not come in your house, will fight with other dogs, even its mother, and hates children". So, I adopted a boxer/whippet mix instead. Shibas are cute dogs, though.post #71853 of 1176666/29/12 at 5:03pmYellow labs all the way fellas. Sadly, mine is turning into a pseudo -blind and -deaf doormat.
Weird thing is that, when I was about 10 (when we got her), I thought that it would be easier to see her age while I was in college; I'd be "far away," and not have to deal with her when she starts getting to "that age." Then I saw parts of the movie My Dog Skip.post #71854 of 1176666/29/12 at 5:11pmpost #71855 of 1176666/29/12 at 5:11pmpost #71856 of 1176666/29/12 at 5:17pmpost #71857 of 1176666/29/12 at 5:18pmpost #71858 of 1176666/29/12 at 5:20pmHate to be the guy to follow up after a Snake fit, but here goes.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)Yeah, yeah, I know, it's not really SW&D, but if SVB can do it all the time, I can do it once in a while.
Blazer is flax linen, hence the wrinkles.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Chino: Incotex (linochino)
Watch: Seiko (duh)post #71859 of 1176666/29/12 at 5:23pmpost #71860 of 1176666/29/12 at 5:28pmI want to spend all my thumbs up on that snake fit.
In other news, just because there's a fit that you like doesn't mean that person should wear that shit over and over. Everyone knows a leather jacket + white tee is a fail safe combo. i'm not going to enjoy what i wear if i listen to this advice. Imagine how lame it would be if, say, snake stopped wearing what he likes and just replicates the the fits that got the most thumbs over and over. I know it's well intentioned and all but it's counterproductive.post #71861 of 1176666/29/12 at 5:32pmpost #71862 of 1176666/29/12 at 5:46pmQuote:Originally Posted by hendrix
I want to spend all my thumbs up on that snake fit.
In other news, just because there's a fit that you like doesn't mean that person should wear that shit over and over. Everyone knows a leather jacket + white tee is a fail safe combo. i'm not going to enjoy what i wear if i listen to this advice. Imagine how lame it would be if, say, snake stopped wearing what he likes and just replicates the the fits that got the most thumbs over and over. I know it's well intentioned and all but it's counterproductive.
"On the Contrary"
if I put up a fit, and—
there are dozens—of people—watching the thread
and what happens is:
what—am I—to make of it?
GOING NUDE FROM NOW ON GUYS
Edited by thewho13 - 6/29/12 at 6:20pmpost #71863 of 1176666/29/12 at 5:49pmpost #71864 of 1176666/29/12 at 5:50pmQuote:Originally Posted by saludoalostros
Parker, that is not the point. As Jet pointed out, you can get Uniqlo t-shirts for $6.
GAP T-shirts are marked $44.95 on the card tag, and then coated with sticker after sticker $39.95. $24.95. $12.99. $3.99. Finally $1.99 and yes, then a lot of people pick them up. When you are in the GAP store, the place is overflowing with a tidal wave of thousands upon thousands of t-shirts, all scattered on the floor and piled into that sandbin-like platform in the middle of the store, like a ginormous garbage heap.
Doesn't that bother you a little? Forget the question of GAP quality--just consider the sheer disrespect for clothes, money, and production values that is so blatant in GAP stores.
I have no problems at all with "inexpensive". Some of the best things in life are "inexpensive", because most people don't know about them. But something is wrong with this kind of inexpensive.
Then there is the question of "quality". Going by online "reviews' by "customers" on GAP's website, GAP clothes are the finest things on Earth, worthy of emperors and Mr Burns.
You try it on in store, it fits. You wear it, for 4 days in June 2012. you then throw it into the washer. It says "Machine wash cold, delicate cycle". For cotton?!?! Anywho, follow the instructions.
after the wash, you open the machine. The machine is coated with a fine layer of cotton fibres cluster-mushy thingys. Good thing you didn't put your Yohji black hakama harem whatever weirdo pants in there with the GAP t-shirt, otherwise the black Yohji would be coated with GAP t-shirt lint! The t-shirt also appears to be a different shape. Moving on, you put in the dryer, delicate heat, follow the instructions. You check the lint-trap--there is enough cotton fibre in there that you'd think half of Burkino Faso's production this year is trapped in it.
The t-shirt is now a different shape, and doesn't feel as "soft" as it felt at the store. The collar welt looks like a puppy chewed on it. The colour has faded also. It's 4 days later!
But who cares! If you are using coin-operated laundry, it's $1 for the wash, and $1.25 for the dryer. $2.25 total. THe t-shirt only cost you $1.99. So you reason, next time don't do laundry. Just throw it out and buy another GAP T-shirt. There was a pile of t-shirts the size of Kilimanjaro after all! Is it just me, or is something wrong with this?
Dude you have already filled the dumb comments cabinet...
time to start filing under super stupid commentspost #71865 of 1176666/29/12 at 5:51pm
This thread is locked
- The WAYWT Discussion Thread
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...
- › Official Sales Alert thread 16 seconds ago
- › #ForBrian : RIP @hbkshin / StyleForum's Help Needed To Aid The... 33 seconds ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 1 minute ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 2 minutes ago
- › OAMC - Over All Master Cloth - Discussion Thread 5 minutes ago
- › ANN DEMEULEMEESTER OXIDIZED SILVER CLAW RING 5 minutes ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 6 minutes ago
- › Our Legacy 9 minutes ago
- › Migrants, Immigrants, Refugees, and Aliens in Euro-Zone 9 minutes ago
- › The (Un)Official Thrift Buy /Sell / Trade / Want Thread 10 minutes ago
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding