Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- What color of DRESS shirt to wear with DARK blue jeans? Last post on 11/4/10 at 7:44am in Classic Menswear
- MARGARET HOWELL Fall/Winter 2013 Last post on 1/12/17 at 11:10pm in Streetwear and Denim
- After Hours Look Last post on 2/23/14 at 5:19pm in Streetwear and Denim
- shirts and general fit question for V shaped body Last post on 4/29/13 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my ModernTailor shirt fit & measurements Last post on 9/1/11 at 10:42am in Classic Menswear
Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how should I wash them
Last edited: 5/19/16
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Where should the points on my shirt collar lie in relation to my...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Are APCs a good starter pair of raw denim jeans?Last edited: 1/27/16
- Can the Waistband from Selvedge Jeans be taken in?Last edited: 1/27/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The WAYWT Discussion Thread - Page 4791post #71851 of 1176666/29/12 at 4:30pmpost #71852 of 1176666/29/12 at 4:55pmI thought about driving to Ft Collins to get a shiba from a rescue there, but the descriptions turned me off. They were all like, "this dog will not come in your house, will fight with other dogs, even its mother, and hates children". So, I adopted a boxer/whippet mix instead. Shibas are cute dogs, though.post #71853 of 1176666/29/12 at 5:03pmYellow labs all the way fellas. Sadly, mine is turning into a pseudo -blind and -deaf doormat.
Weird thing is that, when I was about 10 (when we got her), I thought that it would be easier to see her age while I was in college; I'd be "far away," and not have to deal with her when she starts getting to "that age." Then I saw parts of the movie My Dog Skip.post #71854 of 1176666/29/12 at 5:11pmpost #71855 of 1176666/29/12 at 5:11pmpost #71856 of 1176666/29/12 at 5:17pmpost #71857 of 1176666/29/12 at 5:18pmpost #71858 of 1176666/29/12 at 5:20pmHate to be the guy to follow up after a Snake fit, but here goes.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)Yeah, yeah, I know, it's not really SW&D, but if SVB can do it all the time, I can do it once in a while.
Blazer is flax linen, hence the wrinkles.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Chino: Incotex (linochino)
Watch: Seiko (duh)post #71859 of 1176666/29/12 at 5:23pmpost #71860 of 1176666/29/12 at 5:28pmI want to spend all my thumbs up on that snake fit.
In other news, just because there's a fit that you like doesn't mean that person should wear that shit over and over. Everyone knows a leather jacket + white tee is a fail safe combo. i'm not going to enjoy what i wear if i listen to this advice. Imagine how lame it would be if, say, snake stopped wearing what he likes and just replicates the the fits that got the most thumbs over and over. I know it's well intentioned and all but it's counterproductive.post #71861 of 1176666/29/12 at 5:32pmpost #71862 of 1176666/29/12 at 5:46pmQuote:Originally Posted by hendrix
I want to spend all my thumbs up on that snake fit.
In other news, just because there's a fit that you like doesn't mean that person should wear that shit over and over. Everyone knows a leather jacket + white tee is a fail safe combo. i'm not going to enjoy what i wear if i listen to this advice. Imagine how lame it would be if, say, snake stopped wearing what he likes and just replicates the the fits that got the most thumbs over and over. I know it's well intentioned and all but it's counterproductive.
"On the Contrary"
if I put up a fit, and—
there are dozens—of people—watching the thread
and what happens is:
what—am I—to make of it?
GOING NUDE FROM NOW ON GUYS
Edited by thewho13 - 6/29/12 at 6:20pmpost #71863 of 1176666/29/12 at 5:49pmpost #71864 of 1176666/29/12 at 5:50pmQuote:Originally Posted by saludoalostros
Parker, that is not the point. As Jet pointed out, you can get Uniqlo t-shirts for $6.
GAP T-shirts are marked $44.95 on the card tag, and then coated with sticker after sticker $39.95. $24.95. $12.99. $3.99. Finally $1.99 and yes, then a lot of people pick them up. When you are in the GAP store, the place is overflowing with a tidal wave of thousands upon thousands of t-shirts, all scattered on the floor and piled into that sandbin-like platform in the middle of the store, like a ginormous garbage heap.
Doesn't that bother you a little? Forget the question of GAP quality--just consider the sheer disrespect for clothes, money, and production values that is so blatant in GAP stores.
I have no problems at all with "inexpensive". Some of the best things in life are "inexpensive", because most people don't know about them. But something is wrong with this kind of inexpensive.
Then there is the question of "quality". Going by online "reviews' by "customers" on GAP's website, GAP clothes are the finest things on Earth, worthy of emperors and Mr Burns.
You try it on in store, it fits. You wear it, for 4 days in June 2012. you then throw it into the washer. It says "Machine wash cold, delicate cycle". For cotton?!?! Anywho, follow the instructions.
after the wash, you open the machine. The machine is coated with a fine layer of cotton fibres cluster-mushy thingys. Good thing you didn't put your Yohji black hakama harem whatever weirdo pants in there with the GAP t-shirt, otherwise the black Yohji would be coated with GAP t-shirt lint! The t-shirt also appears to be a different shape. Moving on, you put in the dryer, delicate heat, follow the instructions. You check the lint-trap--there is enough cotton fibre in there that you'd think half of Burkino Faso's production this year is trapped in it.
The t-shirt is now a different shape, and doesn't feel as "soft" as it felt at the store. The collar welt looks like a puppy chewed on it. The colour has faded also. It's 4 days later!
But who cares! If you are using coin-operated laundry, it's $1 for the wash, and $1.25 for the dryer. $2.25 total. THe t-shirt only cost you $1.99. So you reason, next time don't do laundry. Just throw it out and buy another GAP T-shirt. There was a pile of t-shirts the size of Kilimanjaro after all! Is it just me, or is something wrong with this?
Dude you have already filled the dumb comments cabinet...
time to start filing under super stupid commentspost #71865 of 1176666/29/12 at 5:51pm
This thread is locked
- The WAYWT Discussion Thread
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...
- › H. Stockton Atlanta - Official Affiliate Thread 1 minute ago
- › OFFICIAL Canadian News, Politics, and Events Thread 1 minute ago
- › Best 80's War Movies 2 minutes ago
- › S: Alden Cigar Shell Cordovan Leisure Handsewn Moccasian, 7D 6 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 7 minutes ago
- › MILER Menswear - Official Affiliate Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread 7 minutes ago
- › Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here 9 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2017 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice,... 10 minutes ago
- › Viridi-Anne Twisted Knit Mohair / Wool Sweater 10 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...