or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The WAYWT Discussion Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The WAYWT Discussion Thread - Page 4788  

post #71806 of 117666
Quote:
Originally Posted by StanleyVanBuren View Post


[*] 30x30px-ZC-45ad40b5_Avatar.jpg
Dbear

"you figured it all out, it's a gigantic conspiracy bc your'e new"

[*] 30x30px-ZC-d6e1808b_avatar-280-12.jpg
hoozah

"troll"

[*] 30x30px-ZC-cfe362f3_downtown.jpeg
StanleyVanBuren

"lol"




WHAT THE HELL DBEAR?
I know rite? I was disappointed as well.
post #71807 of 117666
469
sunglasses:prada,polo:polo by RL,shorts:Jj.crew,boat shoes:sperry

469
shirt:billy reid at j.crew,shorts:izzue,boat shoes:sperry
post #71808 of 117666
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoozah View Post

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
LL
jacket: raf
t-shirts: w+h
pants: alexandre plokhov
socks: polo

I anticipate some people will tell you to wear some shoes. Probably combat boots or side zips or some shit

I say ignore them. Walk outside with those polos showing bare in all their glory. It will be a statement of sweat soaked pebble encrusted sprezz. Do it.
post #71809 of 117666
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggskip View Post

MM, you've been killing it lately. You make my think I should try a pair of white pants. You pull it off nicely.

Thanks skip, you have to pick up a pair for the summer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoozah View Post

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
LL
jacket: raf
t-shirts: w+h
pants: alexandre plokhov
socks: polo

This is cool, I like the pants with the jacket. Usually don't like pants with pleats but it kinda matches the way the jacket has those diagonal cuts (???) and the zippers make it feel tech-ish.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gettoasty View Post

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
233233233233
233

Why'd you edit out the M/C stuff? You are really turning into your wardrobe into the day/night kind of thing that you wanted. I like the fit but I think there's just a bit too much stacking ( looks in the photos it goes halfway up to your knees). Hem a bit and it'll be great
post #71810 of 117666
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bam!ChairDance View Post

I anticipate some people will tell you to wear some shoes. Probably combat boots or side zips or some shit
I say ignore them. Walk outside with those polos showing bare in all their glory. It will be a statement of sweat soaked pebble encrusted sprezz. Do it.

Listen to this man -- no shoes will ever give you the silhouette that the polo socks does icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
post #71811 of 117666
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Milano View Post


Listen to this man -- no shoes will ever give you the silhouette that the polo socks does icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

 

Classic.  Timeless.

post #71812 of 117666
Quote:
Originally Posted by kindofyoung View Post

Okay, if I put up a fit, and there are dozens of people watching the thread atm, and what happens is:
Nothing (no thumbs, no reponse, no critique, nothing), what am I to make of it?

Is it simply that I don't even have 100 posts and so people simply ignore my post, or is it just "ok" and I don't even have 100 posts, so why bother giving any critique or tips?

Or is it some other obvious answer to my question that I can't see by myself?

The problem is your misunderstanding the purpose of the thread; the WAYWT thread isn't really for "critique" of fits, it's about looking at other members and enjoying their sense of style, and then contributing back into it. It's basically like a photo-tumblr but with space for commentary and sometimes dumb semi-informed arguments about alcoholic beverages or electric cars. After all, a forum is social media that was created before social media was a "thing."

In that framework, all fit-pics are "content" that's being offered to the content-consuming members of the forum. Thumbs up/comments are only partly about the "quality" of the fit, but are more about the fit-pic as a piece of crowd-sourced content--judged by the standards of "is this interesting/engaging?" rather than "does this look good?" Things that make something interesting: Aesthetic quality of the fit, Interesting (and rare/expensive) pieces, photo quality, whether someone has particularly interesting challenges (knucks's huge ass), and context within posting history are all factors to making something seem "worth commenting on."

Critique is usually offered, but unless you ask a specific question (like "i'm not sure about this color pallet, what do you guys think?"), or people feel the need to comment on (sometimes due to post history, because it provides narrative context for your picture), it's generally not expected.

In that sense, unremarkable fits or painfully banal lifestyle shots do sometimes get commented on/complimented, because it feeds into the "character" of those posters. A fitpic/lifestyle shot from someone with an extensive posting history is inherently more interesting than some rando kid who looks fine, if unremarkable by the standards of the forum

Once you think about yourself in the ecosystem of content-generators and consumers, everything makes much, much more sense. Consider comments/feedback on this forum less about the quality of the way you dress, but more on your ability to generate interesting and engaging content.

TL;DR: It's a content economy, not a fitpic critique thread.
Edited by GraphicNovelty - 6/29/12 at 7:03am
post #71813 of 117666
468

...but for what it's worth, I really enjoyed the fit for what it was. I like how the pleats complement the lines of the jacket icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
post #71814 of 117666

Yesterday I wore a vintage Peacoat, a Fred Perry button down shirt, chinos and brown boots. 

While walking in the city, someone moved out of my way and called me 'sir'. 

It made me feel mature and boring.

I'm going back to graphic tees, skinny jeans and anarchism for a while.

 

IMG_0189.JPG

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I need more chest hair.

post #71815 of 117666
Quote:
Originally Posted by saludoalostros View Post

 

Also, kindofyoung--CDHagg is a fashion icon in WAYWT (and an American, if my sources are correct).   You must pay special attention to him. 

 

this guy's not serious, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GraphicNovelty View Post


The problem is your misunderstanding the purpose of the thread; the WAYWT thread isn't really for "critique" of fits, it's about looking at other members and enjoying their sense of style, and then contributing back into it. It's basically like a photo-tumblr but with space for commentary and sometimes dumb semi-informed arguments about alcoholic beverages or electric cars. After all, a forum is social media that was created before social media was a "thing."

In that framework, all fit-pics are "content" that's being offered to the content-consuming members of the forum. Thumbs up/comments are only partly about the "quality" of the fit, but are more about the fit-pic as a piece of crowd-sourced content--judged by the standards of "is this interesting/engaging?" rather than "does this look good?" Things that make something interesting: Aesthetic quality of the fit, Interesting (and rare/expensive) pieces, photo quality, whether someone has particularly interesting challenges (knucks's huge ass), and context within posting history are all factors to making something seem "worth commenting on."

Critique is usually offered, but unless you ask a specific question (like "i'm not sure about this color pallet, what do you guys think?"), or people feel the need to comment on (sometimes due to post history, because it provides narrative context for your picture), it's generally not expected.

In that sense, unremarkable fits or painfully banal lifestyle shots do sometimes get commented on/complimented, because it feeds into the "character" of those posters. A fitpic/lifestyle shot from someone with an extensive posting history is inherently more interesting than some rando kid who looks fine, if unremarkable by the standards of the forum
Once you think about yourself in the ecosystem of content-generators and consumers, everything makes much, much more sense. Consider comments/feedback on this forum less about the quality of the way you dress, but more on your ability to generate interesting and engaging content.

TL;DR: It's a content economy, not a fitpic critique thread.

 

Nice extensive explanation, though I already understood most of what you wrote(for example your summary)

First of all, I would never have written that original post if I had understood that the color palette-comment was for me.
The thing I thought was weird was just that NOTHING happened (or so I thought) and I wanted some kind of answer why that was so.

tl;dr
I missed a comment, and failed to properly explain what I was wondering, and then it snowballed rolleyes.gif

post #71816 of 117666
Quote:
Originally Posted by Binary Revolver View Post

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

Yesterday I wore a vintage Peacoat, a Fred Perry button down shirt, chinos and brown boots. 

While walking in the city, someone moved out of my way and called me 'sir'. 

 

 

It made me feel mature and boring.

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

I'm going back to graphic tees, skinny jeans and anarchism for a while.

 

IMG_0189.JPG

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I need more chest hair.

 

 

 

alternatively you could use the same pieces, but go nick wooster with it and voila: not boring

post #71817 of 117666
Sall good.
post #71818 of 117666
hoozah needs some Pierre Hardy hitops peepwall[1].gif
post #71819 of 117666

@hoozah, where to kop alexandre plokhov pants?

post #71820 of 117666
not my BAPE!

3COCU.jpg

rest is james perse, junya, muji and vis novis

photo courtesy billy cheesecake
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The WAYWT Discussion Thread