Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- What color of DRESS shirt to wear with DARK blue jeans? Last post on 11/4/10 at 7:44am in Classic Menswear
- MARGARET HOWELL Fall/Winter 2013 Last post on 12/5/16 at 11:05am in Streetwear and Denim
- After Hours Look Last post on 2/23/14 at 5:19pm in Streetwear and Denim
- shirts and general fit question for V shaped body Last post on 4/29/13 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my ModernTailor shirt fit & measurements Last post on 9/1/11 at 10:42am in Classic Menswear
Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how should I wash them
Last edited: 5/19/16
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Where should the points on my shirt collar lie in relation to my...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Are APCs a good starter pair of raw denim jeans?Last edited: 1/27/16
- Can the Waistband from Selvedge Jeans be taken in?Last edited: 1/27/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
The WAYWT Discussion Thread - Page 4746post #71176 of 1176666/18/12 at 12:39pmhis blazer is also a lot more relaxed with softer shoulders and lines generally. it looks good with something dressed down like jeans. that said, I think yours would probably look fine if you didn't put the collar up. also, a longer tee would help.post #71177 of 1176666/18/12 at 12:40pmQuote:Originally Posted by CDHagg
I'm actually happy with my dior jeans and blazer. The only real difference I see between my fit and Fumma's is that his blazer is navy and mine is black, and his tee is longer. I honestly just don't get why Fumma's fit is awesome and mine is a failure (no hate Fumma - you're one of my favorite posters). Not trying to be stuck up or anything, but I just don't see a huge difference... maybe someone could explain? Honest curiosity here - I can't fix something that I can't see...
That's the best iteration of your recent fits, but your pose and collar say "Trying hard for some interwebs love". I'd shoot for a longer/drapier tee and shoes on a slimmer last. The casual blazer look is not the easiest to pull off with a dressier jacket
Also, the toe on Fuuma's boots is simply stunningpost #71178 of 1176666/18/12 at 12:42pmThe WAYWT thread more about content than actual "improvement". I'm not saying that improvement doesn't happen--the crowdsourced style evolution of someone willing to learn like candrew or mikey can also be considered "valuable content". A forum is considered "social media"--emphasis on media.
People aren't really posting to critique, but rather to participate in this crowd-sourced "effort" as it were. That's what makes people stay here--if they want nice pictures of well dressed people they can go to tumblr or something.
It's not (solely) about qualify of fits, but more about whether people find it interesting. Of course, better fits are going to be better content, but there's a lot more to it than that. A higher quality and more interesting picture from a well liked regular is going to be well received than the same outfit from a fairly maligned poster. That's just how social media works. Not to mention that there are some pretty key differences between yours and Fuuma's fits, which other posters have pointed out.
You probably look fine IRL. Don't take SF-critique so seriously..
If you want to be less maligned, consider your submissions to this forum from a "what content posters will find valuable" perspective, rather than a "does this look ok?" perspective. A scattershot of a million variations of a few fits is just going to be annoying, as is a defensive response to critique.
Edited by GraphicNovelty - 6/18/12 at 1:01pmpost #71179 of 1176666/18/12 at 12:51pmThe fact that you analyzed those two fits at such a bird's eye level says a lot. As if the material of the jacket, the cut of the jacket, and details on the footwear don't all make a noticeable difference. Not to mention the PS, jewelry and Fuuma's level of comfort in his stuff. The "I don't know what to do with my arms right now" pose, popped lapel and lack of a face do make a difference too but there's plenty of other things to differentiate the two fits.post #71180 of 1176666/18/12 at 12:55pmpost #71181 of 1176666/18/12 at 12:56pmpost #71182 of 1176666/18/12 at 12:59pmpost #71183 of 1176666/18/12 at 1:01pmpost #71184 of 1176666/18/12 at 1:05pmQuote:Originally Posted by tween_spirit
all that talk of the conceptual forest in RFT reminded me that I ran into a few cool people yesterday on my way back from it
oliver peoples mp-2
florsheim x duckie brown
novis: beautiful fjallraven kanken bag
thanks to bows1 for the sick shot
(if the person in this photo wants me to take it down let me know and I will)
Best fit in a while, even more so than Asobu's (which I also loved).
Everyone be honest, Fuuma's fit is loved because he's Fuuma. Hagg's fit is hated because he's Hagg.
Edited by reedobandito - 6/18/12 at 1:38pmpost #71185 of 1176666/18/12 at 1:22pmThe past few posts gave me a great idea for our next SF meetup
Everyone comes to the bar dressed in black jeans, black boots, black blazer, and of course a white v neck
We'll take group pictures. We'll freak out everyone in the room who isn't us. It will be glorious.post #71186 of 1176666/18/12 at 1:28pmpost #71187 of 1176666/18/12 at 1:31pmpost #71188 of 1176666/18/12 at 1:34pmpost #71189 of 1176666/18/12 at 1:39pmpost #71190 of 1176666/18/12 at 1:44pm
This thread is locked
- The WAYWT Discussion Thread
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 39 seconds ago
- › 5th Annual Thrift Thread Gift Exchange Unveiling 3 minutes ago
- › Eidos Napoli 4 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 5 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 6 minutes ago
- › When is the Next Brooks Brothers Sale? 9 minutes ago
- › The official John Elliott B&S&T thread 9 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 13 minutes ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 15 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 16 minutes ago
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...