or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The WAYWT Discussion Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The WAYWT Discussion Thread - Page 4726  

post #70876 of 117677
Idk, I think Auburn's jacket is a little too big for comfort in this case. (at least for me) especially w/ jeans like that..
post #70877 of 117677
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWorksheets View Post


Unhelpful/unfair in the sense that your face is not something that you can change (such as sizing up/down, or switching this out for that, etc.). I was trying to soften the blow, because ime, its the most frustrating thing to hear. Like finding out you are somewhere in between sizes on a piece you really like.
Even with the smallheaditis, I agree that this looks better than the goth ninja stuff. But that might be because I agree with asobu w/r/t Yohji being so much easier to wear and pull off.

I don't think I ever said anything about his face.  I do agree that it is not fair to criticize something that is out of ones own control.  Honestly, he looks like a nice kid.  But the Yohji look is so difficult to work with despite what several of you say.  This is a style thread.  Again, this is STYLE THREAD.  If you ask for opinions you have to be open to both positive and negative feedback and you take it for what it is.  You certainly do not have to take everyone's opinion but at the same time you can't turn around and discount feedback that may or may not differs from what you hope or want to hear.  Could I be more tactful?  Perhaps, but this is just how I am.  I am not going to sugarcoat anything and will generally tell you what I really think good or bad.  I offer just as much positive feedback if not more then negative. 

post #70878 of 117677

To sexonfabric: I'll quote what I posted in the Yohji thread - "I feel like it is sort of an atypical "Yohji fit" in that the proportions are reversed; the top being large and airy while the bottom is slim. It is a silhouette that I feel is more commonly found in womenswear but I like the juxtaposition of proportions." So yes the proportions are intentionally being "messed up".

post #70879 of 117677
you achieve enlightenment when you can wear your clothes without feeling goofy (obviously no one should ever do this) but I think more importantly when you don't feel cool either, if that makes any sense.

like you're just doing your thing and it is what it is.

edit: just realized this isn't true at all because I feel cool as hell when I wear that ratty old green Junya jacket, and I have no idea why.
post #70880 of 117677
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Moo View Post

Found a picture from high school. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
2hckjlu.jpg
Niners beanie
Pure Playaz hoodie
Jnco jeans (I think)
K Swiss (I think)
Motorola pager

Classic, classic. Do you think our current trends will look as silly in 10-15 years, too?
post #70881 of 117677
624
post #70882 of 117677
best yet jab
post #70883 of 117677
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1234 View Post

Trying something new. I've come to really like the Yohji aesthetic, but am still not sure if I can pull it off.... Got a jacket and shirt to try it out (pants are just some shitty sweats).   Try and ignore the tag wink.gif

I don't want to discourage you or anybody else from figuring out your style but this reminds me too much of the guys over in MC who are trying to pull off looking like Lapo Elkann and fail miserably because they are just some dude living in the 'burbs of Fresno. At some point you need to factor in your surroundings or risk being the 4th grader who walks into school in his fireman's outfit and realizes 'oh, this was a mistake'.
post #70884 of 117677
Quote:
Originally Posted by tween_spirit View Post

you achieve enlightenment when you can wear your clothes without feeling goofy (obviously no one should ever do this) but I think more importantly when you don't feel cool either, if that makes any sense.
like you're just doing your thing and it is what it is.
edit: just realized this isn't true at all because I feel cool as hell when I wear that ratty old green Junya jacket, and I have no idea why.

definitely agree - I feel cool with some clothes but most of the time, it doesn't feel as natural in a way (do we overestimate how cool we are?). That's kind of why I really like engineered garments and the less SF approved brand, spurr (just off the top of my head). I feel just the right amount of goofy/cool to get that lived-in comfortable feel. Or pieces that I did not expect to be so nice but ends up looking really good in an outfit/ on the body.
post #70885 of 117677
you people need to be as courteous as kent$ and keep your avatars the same after you've been banned and re-registered.

Also Xhale needs to figure out what he likes and feels natural in before he drops mad money on designer threads.

So far:
ToJ
Zam Barrett
Yohji


Time to go to self-edge and let kiya floss you out in head to toe iron heart.
Edited by GraphicNovelty - 6/14/12 at 8:22am
post #70886 of 117677

how else do you find out what you like? you can always resell. not sure what's wrong with Xhale trying things out, as long as he has the money to do so

post #70887 of 117677
There are ways of figuring out your personal style besides buying super high end internet hyped clothing and then selling it for a loss.

Then again, its his money he can do what he wants with it.

I just feel like if he didn't have the $ everyone would tell him to "lurk moar" until he has a better idea of what he likes and what he wants to do. Like we do to 90% of the other posters who don't have any clue re: their personal style. Just because he's rolling in cash doesn't mean that the "read waywt, figure out what you like, slowly build up your wardrobe" advice doesn't apply.

Then again he sold that ToJ that everyone told him looked totally fine so maybe he's more in tune with what he likes/wants than I give him credit for.
post #70888 of 117677
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraphicNovelty View Post

you people need to be as courteous as kent$ and keep your avatars the same after you've been banned and re-registered.
Also Xhale needs to figure out what he likes and feels natural in before he drops mad money on designer threads.
So far:
ToJ
Zam Barrett
Yohji

Time to go to self-edge and let kiya floss you out in head to toe iron heart.

If something does not work out I return it..... 

 

Would be hard for me to figure out what I feel natural in if I didn't try different things. I tried Yohji, I don't think it works, so I'm not going to pursue it....

 

In this whole process of me finding what suits me, I've lost very little money.

 

And I "like" all the looks I've tried. I'm trying to stray from the goth ninja look because I've come to the conclusion that straight men should not wear such clothing when living within a 10 mile radius of west hollywood. 

post #70889 of 117677
If you're not losing money, then go for it.. The fs links in your sig would suggest otherwise, but regardless, we live in a fast fashion world where you don't have to drop designer cash to digure out if a designer's aesthetic works for you. If leather shirts were your thing, an all saints one would've made you realize that.


If you find yourself constantly wearing something despite its shitiness then you know you've struck the right chord. But IMO trying out expensive things means oh want to justify its expensiveness rather than love it because it fits your personality
post #70890 of 117677

People here tend to think you're spending way more than you actually are if you're buying & returning designer clothing.  I think I've only ever had to sell something at a loss twice.  Also GN I don't know if that's good advice, IMO it's way easier to waste a ton of cash at uniqlo/H&M etc because it has no resale value.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The WAYWT Discussion Thread