Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- What color of DRESS shirt to wear with DARK blue jeans? Last post on 11/4/10 at 7:44am in Classic Menswear
- MARGARET HOWELL Fall/Winter 2013 Last post on 7/16/15 at 4:16pm in Streetwear and Denim
- After Hours Look Last post on 2/23/14 at 5:19pm in Streetwear and Denim
- shirts and general fit question for V shaped body Last post on 4/29/13 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my ModernTailor shirt fit & measurements Last post on 9/1/11 at 10:42am in Classic Menswear
CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...
Last edited: 3/30/15
- What I Learned from Slim DenimLast edited: 12/21/14
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
The WAYWT Discussion Thread - Page 4719post #70771 of 1176686/12/12 at 10:35pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #70772 of 1176686/12/12 at 10:38pmpost #70773 of 1176686/12/12 at 10:41pmpost #70774 of 1176686/12/12 at 10:47pmpost #70775 of 1176686/12/12 at 10:49pmSVB that looks pretty bad aside from the photography
I would think you have the suit/MC aspect dialed in by now. Suit today looks huge on you for some reason.
You and I both need to make a better dimple on our ties fyi
jet or whoever was sort right, and the recent photo exaggerates this -- your head is kind of small in proportion to your body [suit]
Edited by gettoasty - 6/12/12 at 11:04pmpost #70776 of 1176686/12/12 at 10:54pmpost #70777 of 1176686/12/12 at 11:12pmlot of suiting experts over here in SWD, eh. only thing i don't like about SVB's suit is the relative bagginess of the pants. and, as a personal preference, the slightly longishness of the jacket (which is probly the right length)...shoes aren't gunboats anymore, which is good! arms seem short, too
Edited by BreezyBirch - 6/12/12 at 11:26pmpost #70778 of 1176686/12/12 at 11:15pmTBH I just think the extra thigh material throws the proportions off. SVB is a slim and tall dude. How the seat area looks of the pants does not do his fit justice. Top looks fine aside from the flat tie but I believe that is more of a stylistic point rather than actual outfit critique.
More so, I would like one of the SW&D in-house experts on suiting to tell me and SVB (maybe he knows) why trousers always fall so wrinkled on the shoes. Is it the weight of the fabric more, or just the inseam length? Or pehaps both characteristics are of influence. To add, if you look at the side profile, you may see that the pants actually drape pretty nicely. It seems that always from the front POV, you will notice more how the hem falls on the shoes or slightly off center causing bunching and wrinkling up the shin. I hate that so much, but majority of MC'ers seem to have perfected their individual cut / favorite length.
Circumference (width) or taper of the pants should also effect the way pants fall on shoes as the more extreme tapers require a shorter inseam. ughpost #70779 of 1176686/12/12 at 11:23pmstanley, you know I like your style, but that suit is just kinda wonky. I think some of you guys would be better off checking out the nicer rtw suit brands. there are a bunch (polo, zegna, caruso, etc. for mc style. jil sander, prada, black fleece, etc. for designer) that look good right off the peg without the need for extensive alterations or 7 fittings.
also (Click to show)post #70780 of 1176686/12/12 at 11:57pmpost #70781 of 1176686/13/12 at 2:41ampost #70782 of 1176686/13/12 at 6:08ami think stanley's suit is pretty decent for OTR apart from the trouser length and fullness in the thigh, and he's said he's going to take care of that
no expert on all this MC stuff but i think a knitted tie would look good here
Edited by robinsongreen68 - 6/13/12 at 6:25ampost #70783 of 1176686/13/12 at 6:24amQuote:Originally Posted by StanleyVanBuren
Epaulet suit again
SVB the suit is not that bad. the quarters are a little too close for my taste though. What kind of knot is that? I think a four-in-hand or a dobule four-in-hand would be better for you since you have a thin frame and a small head. A dimple would have also helped tremendously. as for the bunching at the bottom, widenining the opening might help.post #70784 of 1176686/13/12 at 8:40ampost #70785 of 1176686/13/12 at 8:41am
This thread is locked
- The WAYWT Discussion Thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- What I Learned from Slim Denim
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 27 seconds ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 1 minute ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 1 minute ago
- › John Lobb Appreciation Thread 2 minutes ago
- › NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG... 2 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Carmina Shoes - Official Affiliate Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 7 minutes ago
- › SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread 11 minutes ago
- › Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread 12 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...