Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- What color of DRESS shirt to wear with DARK blue jeans? Last post on 11/4/10 at 7:44am in Classic Menswear
- After Hours Look Last post on 2/23/14 at 5:19pm in Streetwear and Denim
- shirts and general fit question for V shaped body Last post on 4/29/13 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my ModernTailor shirt fit & measurements Last post on 9/1/11 at 10:42am in Classic Menswear
- High-quality white shirt on short notice (in New York?) Last post on 12/15/12 at 5:06am in Classic Menswear
What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- ASPECD Apparel
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Andrews Sartorial Luxury Collection
- Meermin Mallorca
- Moda Republic
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- Nice Laundry
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- United Stock Dry Goods
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
The WAYWT Discussion Thread - Page 4715
Styleforum Top Picks
^haha well no, I wasn't claiming that I received a standing applause; but in general, the MC response was that "the suit isn't bad". Contrast that to the average SW&D response, that the suit is "pretty terrible."
1 MC poster gave a detailed critique, 1 MC poster said it "sure as hell doesn't look bespoke", and 7 MC posters said it looked pretty good.
Look, guys, I don't really care that much. I wasn't even asking for critiques in the first place. This whole conversation is stupid. Sorry, I should never have posted those pictures.
I think the point is paying 2k for a bespoke suit that "isn't that bad" is idk.
There is no rule in music that you "must wear black," except possibly when performing with an orchestra, in which case a tux is more than appropriate. So hopefully you will be attending a lot of funerals
The suit is not as bad as you guys are making it to be. 2k in the bespoke world isn't that much, But I agree that you can get a much better fitting suit for under 2k.
But it seems like there is some underline (Understatement of the year?) hate for CDHagg... I am curious to know why that is the case. Did I miss something?
Edited by Tirailleur1 - 6/11/12 at 4:16am
CDHagg: "Oh Hai guys, how does this suit look?"
MC: "Looks pretty good"
SW&D: "Woah dude that's like teh worst thing ive ever seen in my entire life, it looks so bad."
Well, since SW&D people know much more about tailored suits than MC people do (obviously), I guess I'll just have to burn the suit. (10)
Seriously, though - you guys have lost all credibility with me.
The caveat here is that MC is more likely to say nice things about dogshit, or nothing at all.
Fuck that guy posting the Prometheus gif.
If you would like help with sizing your bespoke suit, please ask here. This thread encompasses all questions that could ever arise in the clothing business*.
"Do I measure my waist around my cock 3 times then multiply by pi?"
*exception. You will not be able to find info on 70s wash denim. But that's a given these day.
Thoughts? I think the button stance is 3/4"-1" too high and the jacket maybe 1"-1.5" too short.
edit: also, it didn't cost 2000 USD
- The WAYWT Discussion Thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 39 seconds ago
- › Australian Members 1 minute ago
- › The Look goes on... 3 minutes ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 3 minutes ago
- › WAYWRN: MC Casual Style 3 minutes ago
- › Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos 9 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 9 minutes ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 16 minutes ago
- › ‘vintage like’ special run Garza to be made by Patrizio Cappelli -... 17 minutes ago
- › Engineered Garments Spring / Summer 2014 18 minutes ago
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Pullovers)