Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- What color of DRESS shirt to wear with DARK blue jeans? Last post on 11/4/10 at 7:44am in Classic Menswear
- MARGARET HOWELL Fall/Winter 2013 Last post on 7/16/15 at 4:16pm in Streetwear and Denim
- After Hours Look Last post on 2/23/14 at 5:19pm in Streetwear and Denim
- shirts and general fit question for V shaped body Last post on 4/29/13 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my ModernTailor shirt fit & measurements Last post on 9/1/11 at 10:42am in Classic Menswear
CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...
Last edited: 3/30/15
- What I Learned from Slim DenimLast edited: 12/21/14
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
The WAYWT Discussion Thread - Page 4691post #70351 of 1176686/6/12 at 1:56pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #70352 of 1176686/6/12 at 2:35pmQuote:Originally Posted by Bam!ChairDance
^^ See, though, everyone cares about clothing to a ridiculous degree, even folks who at a glance wouldn't seem to care at all.
I kind of wish the world would give fewer shits about the types of fabric people drape over their bodies so we can all have fun with our clothinz choices instead.
If it was socially acceptable, I'd just walk around nakedpost #70353 of 1176686/6/12 at 2:38pmpost #70354 of 1176686/6/12 at 2:56pmpost #70355 of 1176686/6/12 at 3:01pmpost #70356 of 1176686/6/12 at 3:43pmpost #70357 of 1176686/6/12 at 4:15pmpost #70358 of 1176686/6/12 at 4:20pmpost #70359 of 1176686/6/12 at 5:29pmpost #70360 of 1176686/6/12 at 5:30pm
Agree on pants, not on jacket.
frustrating because I wanted no break and this was how they came out. I think in order to do "no break" I actually need pants that are less tapered so the front is hitting a lower point on the shoe, if that makes any sense. With the smaller leg opening on these, the only way to achieve no break is to hem them this short.
I've since switched to just asking for a slight break since I prefer my pants to be tapered more than I prefer them to have no break.post #70361 of 1176686/6/12 at 5:50pmpost #70362 of 1176686/6/12 at 6:13pmpost #70363 of 1176686/6/12 at 6:17pmpost #70364 of 1176686/6/12 at 6:18pmpost #70365 of 1176686/6/12 at 6:18pmI understand the break problem, SVB. I usually just have my pants made as short as possible without making them look "too short" (like what is exhibited in your most recent post). Too bad one can't have the best of both worlds.
Kingjulian, that sounds good in theory, and you can do that to a small extent, but too much and it looks odd (especially when you're dealing with a tailored suit).
This thread is locked
- The WAYWT Discussion Thread
- What I Learned from Slim Denim
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 4 seconds ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe, Saint Crispin's -... 20 seconds ago
- › The Ultimate Toronto Thread 32 seconds ago
- › Blog re-boot: Tweed in the City 1 minute ago
- › John Elliott + Co - official affiliate thread 1 minute ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 1 minute ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 3 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 5 minutes ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 5 minutes ago
- › Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread 6 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...