Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- What color of DRESS shirt to wear with DARK blue jeans? Last post on 11/4/10 at 7:44am in Classic Menswear
- MARGARET HOWELL Fall/Winter 2013 Last post on 3/13/15 at 2:34am in Streetwear and Denim
- After Hours Look Last post on 2/23/14 at 5:19pm in Streetwear and Denim
- shirts and general fit question for V shaped body Last post on 4/29/13 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my ModernTailor shirt fit & measurements Last post on 9/1/11 at 10:42am in Classic Menswear
CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...
Last edited: Yesterday
- What I Learned from Slim DenimLast edited: 12/21/14
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The WAYWT Discussion Thread - Page 4691post #70351 of 1176686/6/12 at 1:56pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #70352 of 1176686/6/12 at 2:35pmQuote:Originally Posted by Bam!ChairDance
^^ See, though, everyone cares about clothing to a ridiculous degree, even folks who at a glance wouldn't seem to care at all.
I kind of wish the world would give fewer shits about the types of fabric people drape over their bodies so we can all have fun with our clothinz choices instead.
If it was socially acceptable, I'd just walk around nakedpost #70353 of 1176686/6/12 at 2:38pmpost #70354 of 1176686/6/12 at 2:56pmpost #70355 of 1176686/6/12 at 3:01pmpost #70356 of 1176686/6/12 at 3:43pmpost #70357 of 1176686/6/12 at 4:15pmpost #70358 of 1176686/6/12 at 4:20pmpost #70359 of 1176686/6/12 at 5:29pmpost #70360 of 1176686/6/12 at 5:30pm
Agree on pants, not on jacket.
frustrating because I wanted no break and this was how they came out. I think in order to do "no break" I actually need pants that are less tapered so the front is hitting a lower point on the shoe, if that makes any sense. With the smaller leg opening on these, the only way to achieve no break is to hem them this short.
I've since switched to just asking for a slight break since I prefer my pants to be tapered more than I prefer them to have no break.post #70361 of 1176686/6/12 at 5:50pmpost #70362 of 1176686/6/12 at 6:13pmpost #70363 of 1176686/6/12 at 6:17pmpost #70364 of 1176686/6/12 at 6:18pmpost #70365 of 1176686/6/12 at 6:18pmI understand the break problem, SVB. I usually just have my pants made as short as possible without making them look "too short" (like what is exhibited in your most recent post). Too bad one can't have the best of both worlds.
Kingjulian, that sounds good in theory, and you can do that to a small extent, but too much and it looks odd (especially when you're dealing with a tailored suit).
This thread is locked
- The WAYWT Discussion Thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- What I Learned from Slim Denim
- › NBA 2014-2015 Season Thread 22 seconds ago
- › NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF MAR... 1 minute ago
- › Alden Shell Cordovan Cigar, Whiskey, Color 8 1 minute ago
- › Cool furniture, design objects and desiderata 2 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 3 minutes ago
- › LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread 3 minutes ago
- › The New Official Wolf vs. Goat Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Azzuraa Bespoke Leather Goods - Official Affiliate Thread 5 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 5 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 5 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › The ten least expensive cars to insure in the US
- › The Styleforum Brief: March 2015
- › Going Places: A Brief Trip to Naples
- › One Sneaker to Rule Them All: The Rise of the...
- › People Who Make Our Lives Better: Jack...
- › CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best...
- › Fok's Pick: Quilted Vests
- › A Suit Well-Traveled: Clark Gable’s...
- › Six questions to ask when vetting your...
- › The truth about how to be great at content...