Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- What color of DRESS shirt to wear with DARK blue jeans? Last post on 11/4/10 at 7:44am in Classic Menswear
- After Hours Look Last post on 2/23/14 at 5:19pm in Streetwear and Denim
- shirts and general fit question for V shaped body Last post on 4/29/13 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my ModernTailor shirt fit & measurements Last post on 9/1/11 at 10:42am in Classic Menswear
- High-quality white shirt on short notice (in New York?) Last post on 12/15/12 at 5:06am in Classic Menswear
What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- ASPECD Apparel
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Andrews Sartorial Luxury Collection
- Meermin Mallorca
- Moda Republic
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- Nice Laundry
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- United Stock Dry Goods
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
The WAYWT Discussion Thread - Page 4690
Styleforum Top Picks
The Yohji/Damir/Rick/luxe lounge aesthetic is pretty much for yourself as over 90% of people will think nothing of your outfit, even a lot thinking you're wearing cheap, no name basic, unless looking closer at the fabric. It takes someone who is familiar and appreciates the aesthetic to 'rave' about it.
Nil- You should get dif tees if you're headed this way. Shoulder seam is too tight. Also Shah is spot on with the chunkier footwear comment. Those F&B would look appropriate if you had no break on the pants, but as they are you need something different. and are you going to pick up some drop crotch shorts like you mentioned before?
dmash got it right. I wear this because it's incredibly comfortable in this heat, I like the way it flows around me in motion, and perhaps a small amount of elitist nerdery that comes from knowing something that most of the people around me don't. I disagree that the pants even look remotely business casual though. The fabric, cut and detailing set it apart.
I was just a bit surprised that your fit got a decent amount of love when little of that translates through the photos; I know we play this game a lot, but if you hadn't put the brand, would nearly as many people have liked it?
It Gets Better
Including my wedding outfits?
But no, not specifically - I only know of him because of American Gangster - I'm just interested in adapting that particular era to my tastes (it's either that or become a caricature, like the "unique individuals" sending in photographs to The Chap. Besides, it's (sometimes) a bit broader than that - a mate of mine doesn't label me "The Don Cornelius-Fred Astaire Lovechild" for nothing, I'm sure
To be honest, I have never anyone wear Yohji in public (broad daylight or otherwise). So I am going to conclude Yohji is there to allow folks to play dress-up on the Internet.
I have, however, seen people wear clothes with Yohji-like shapes and cut, but they tend to be women who are new immigrants from places like Yemen or Pakistan.
And artishard, I think the concept of complete disregard for what others think is absurd. We're fundamentally social creatures, even people who live on the fringes are defined by normative values and practices and their personal reactions to them. To consider one exempt from or above social criticism or the social dynamic is ignorant, imo.
Plus, whenever I hear anyone say it, I think of those 7th grade scene girls on Myspace that would post along the lines of "Sometimes I'm a bitch but I don't give a F what you think! lol"
Probably not. But then, the knowledge that the pants are Yohji fills in some of the gaps left by a static image that isn't completely representative. People wondering if the fabric is good, or if the pants look good in motion, can find their answers by looking at the brand (yohji = looks better IRL/looks better in motion/etc.). At least, that's how I see it. There's probably a lot of brand-whoring going on too, though.
My friends are very accepting of my interest in fashion, and I don't catch any flak as long as I don't go too far over the edge. I want to let my tastes in fashion evolve as they will, but I also don't want to get picked on because my clothing is too far from the norm. As reedo and some philosopher (Socrates?) have both said: man is a social animal.
And then, there's the stereotype that all fashion-y men are gay.
- The WAYWT Discussion Thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 10 seconds ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 53 seconds ago
- › Things you just don't get 2 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 2 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 3 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 3 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Theard 4 minutes ago
- › GentlemensFootwear.com (Carmina, Drakes, Cappelli, Finamore) -... 4 minutes ago
- › Meermin Mallorca Shoes 5 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 5 minutes ago
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Pullovers)