Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- What color of DRESS shirt to wear with DARK blue jeans? Last post on 11/4/10 at 7:44am in Classic Menswear
- MARGARET HOWELL Fall/Winter 2013 Last post on 2/19/17 at 3:26pm in Streetwear and Denim
- After Hours Look Last post on 2/23/14 at 5:19pm in Streetwear and Denim
- shirts and general fit question for V shaped body Last post on 4/29/13 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my ModernTailor shirt fit & measurements Last post on 9/1/11 at 10:42am in Classic Menswear
Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how should I wash them
Last edited: 5/19/16
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Where should the points on my shirt collar lie in relation to my...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Are APCs a good starter pair of raw denim jeans?Last edited: 1/27/16
- Can the Waistband from Selvedge Jeans be taken in?Last edited: 1/27/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The WAYWT Discussion Thread - Page 4690post #70336 of 1176666/6/12 at 12:17pmpost #70337 of 1176666/6/12 at 12:20pmpost #70338 of 1176666/6/12 at 12:23pmQuote:
Probably not. But then, the knowledge that the pants are Yohji fills in some of the gaps left by a static image that isn't completely representative. People wondering if the fabric is good, or if the pants look good in motion, can find their answers by looking at the brand (yohji = looks better IRL/looks better in motion/etc.). At least, that's how I see it. There's probably a lot of brand-whoring going on too, though.
My friends are very accepting of my interest in fashion, and I don't catch any flak as long as I don't go too far over the edge. I want to let my tastes in fashion evolve as they will, but I also don't want to get picked on because my clothing is too far from the norm. As reedo and some philosopher (Socrates?) have both said: man is a social animal.
And then, there's the stereotype that all fashion-y men are gay.post #70339 of 1176666/6/12 at 12:25pmpost #70340 of 1176666/6/12 at 12:32pmpost #70341 of 1176666/6/12 at 12:33pmwhenever a friend or someone comments on my clothes in a way that sounds derisive (ie. snotty like a 7th grader) I explain briefly why I like my clothes or tell them something about the designer and their attitude changes pretty quickly. they suddenly find themselves interested and don't just think it's weird but look at the clothes as something that a real person thought up and made. what a concept!post #70342 of 1176666/6/12 at 12:35pmpost #70343 of 1176666/6/12 at 12:52pmpost #70344 of 1176666/6/12 at 12:57pmpost #70345 of 1176666/6/12 at 1:07pmQuote:I think you're just reluctant to lay down the nuclear option, which goes as follows:
"Look at my outfit. I'm a bomb ass motherfucker. Now look at yours. See why I spend so much?"
If you ever decide clothing is more important than friends, say something like that.post #70346 of 1176666/6/12 at 1:20pmQuote:
I myself also try to conceal my fervent interest in clothing. Sadly, i do feel its demasculating to show a huge interest in such superficial ventures, and the point of swagger is to seem like you don't care what you're wearing, or that it was natural without much thought.
and I still feel dropping $735 on a jacket is exorbitant, and I rather keep it to myslefpost #70347 of 1176666/6/12 at 1:26pmpost #70348 of 1176666/6/12 at 1:39pm^^ See, though, everyone cares about clothing to a ridiculous degree, even folks who at a glance wouldn't seem to care at all.
I kind of wish the world would give fewer shits about the types of fabric people drape over their bodies so we can all have fun with our clothinz choices instead.post #70349 of 1176666/6/12 at 1:56pmpost #70350 of 1176666/6/12 at 2:35pmQuote:Originally Posted by Bam!ChairDance
^^ See, though, everyone cares about clothing to a ridiculous degree, even folks who at a glance wouldn't seem to care at all.
I kind of wish the world would give fewer shits about the types of fabric people drape over their bodies so we can all have fun with our clothinz choices instead.
If it was socially acceptable, I'd just walk around naked
This thread is locked
- The WAYWT Discussion Thread
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...
- › Engineered Garments SS 17 20 seconds ago
- › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll... 20 seconds ago
- › The State of Black Tie: Your Observations 3 minutes ago
- › Tailoring Shoulders of Sportjacket - Take in from the neck? 3 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 5 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 6 minutes ago
- › Poor man's watch thread 6 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 7 minutes ago
- › Patagonia 13 minutes ago
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... 13 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...