Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- What color of DRESS shirt to wear with DARK blue jeans? Last post on 11/4/10 at 7:44am in Classic Menswear
- MARGARET HOWELL Fall/Winter 2013 Last post on 2/5/16 at 9:34am in Streetwear and Denim
- After Hours Look Last post on 2/23/14 at 5:19pm in Streetwear and Denim
- shirts and general fit question for V shaped body Last post on 4/29/13 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my ModernTailor shirt fit & measurements Last post on 9/1/11 at 10:42am in Classic Menswear
Are APCs a good starter pair of raw denim jeans?
Last edited: 1/27/16
- Can the Waistband from Selvedge Jeans be taken in?Last edited: 1/27/16
- A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & HideLast edited: 12/7/15
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...Last edited: 12/9/15
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...Last edited: 3/30/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The WAYWT Discussion Thread - Page 4690post #70336 of 1176666/6/12 at 12:17pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #70337 of 1176666/6/12 at 12:20pmpost #70338 of 1176666/6/12 at 12:23pmQuote:
Probably not. But then, the knowledge that the pants are Yohji fills in some of the gaps left by a static image that isn't completely representative. People wondering if the fabric is good, or if the pants look good in motion, can find their answers by looking at the brand (yohji = looks better IRL/looks better in motion/etc.). At least, that's how I see it. There's probably a lot of brand-whoring going on too, though.
My friends are very accepting of my interest in fashion, and I don't catch any flak as long as I don't go too far over the edge. I want to let my tastes in fashion evolve as they will, but I also don't want to get picked on because my clothing is too far from the norm. As reedo and some philosopher (Socrates?) have both said: man is a social animal.
And then, there's the stereotype that all fashion-y men are gay.post #70339 of 1176666/6/12 at 12:25pmpost #70340 of 1176666/6/12 at 12:32pmpost #70341 of 1176666/6/12 at 12:33pmwhenever a friend or someone comments on my clothes in a way that sounds derisive (ie. snotty like a 7th grader) I explain briefly why I like my clothes or tell them something about the designer and their attitude changes pretty quickly. they suddenly find themselves interested and don't just think it's weird but look at the clothes as something that a real person thought up and made. what a concept!post #70342 of 1176666/6/12 at 12:35pmpost #70343 of 1176666/6/12 at 12:52pmpost #70344 of 1176666/6/12 at 12:57pmpost #70345 of 1176666/6/12 at 1:07pmQuote:I think you're just reluctant to lay down the nuclear option, which goes as follows:
"Look at my outfit. I'm a bomb ass motherfucker. Now look at yours. See why I spend so much?"
If you ever decide clothing is more important than friends, say something like that.post #70346 of 1176666/6/12 at 1:20pmQuote:
I myself also try to conceal my fervent interest in clothing. Sadly, i do feel its demasculating to show a huge interest in such superficial ventures, and the point of swagger is to seem like you don't care what you're wearing, or that it was natural without much thought.
and I still feel dropping $735 on a jacket is exorbitant, and I rather keep it to myslefpost #70347 of 1176666/6/12 at 1:26pmpost #70348 of 1176666/6/12 at 1:39pm^^ See, though, everyone cares about clothing to a ridiculous degree, even folks who at a glance wouldn't seem to care at all.
I kind of wish the world would give fewer shits about the types of fabric people drape over their bodies so we can all have fun with our clothinz choices instead.post #70349 of 1176666/6/12 at 1:56pmpost #70350 of 1176666/6/12 at 2:35pmQuote:Originally Posted by Bam!ChairDance
^^ See, though, everyone cares about clothing to a ridiculous degree, even folks who at a glance wouldn't seem to care at all.
I kind of wish the world would give fewer shits about the types of fabric people drape over their bodies so we can all have fun with our clothinz choices instead.
If it was socially acceptable, I'd just walk around naked
This thread is locked
- The WAYWT Discussion Thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- Can the Waistband from Selvedge Jeans be taken in?
- › Viberg Boots 14 seconds ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part Three 1 minute ago
- › The Official Artisanal "streetwear" footwear (boots, shoes,... 2 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 4 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Engineered Garments SS 16 5 minutes ago
- › "What I'm Selling on eBay" - member auctions 7 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 9 minutes ago
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... 10 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 11 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › What products do I use and how to I care for...
- › Exclusive Indochino Sale! 2 Suits for 800$...
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.