Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- What color of DRESS shirt to wear with DARK blue jeans? Last post on 11/4/10 at 7:44am in Classic Menswear
- After Hours Look Last post on 2/23/14 at 5:19pm in Streetwear and Denim
- shirts and general fit question for V shaped body Last post on 4/29/13 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my ModernTailor shirt fit & measurements Last post on 9/1/11 at 10:42am in Classic Menswear
- High-quality white shirt on short notice (in New York?) Last post on 12/15/12 at 5:06am in Classic Menswear
What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
The WAYWT Discussion Thread - Page 4614
Styleforum Top Picks
can I get an opinion on shirt fit? the first pic shows a size small, I think it fits well through the body and sleeves, but the collar is waaay too tight. the second pics are medium, and the collar will close, but it seems kind of baggy to me, especially in the back. These shirts are 100% cotton so perhaps the medium would shrink to an acceptable size?
I normally wear a 15-34 shirt, but I'm having trouble finding casual shirts that fit well. Any suggestions on where to find decent shirts are welcome. I didn't buy either because i felt it would be strange to own a shirt that I couldn't button the collar on, even if I never intend to button the collar.
First step is to get over this feeling - if you have no intention of buttoning it (and understandably so since it's a buttoned-collar), this shouldn't be an issue at all. Pick the size that fits well everywhere else.
I think the AA sheer jersey loose crew is my new favorite t-shirt, at least in terms of the cut. The neck is just wide enough that it's not strangling me, which is a good compromise between a regular crew neck and an actual u-neck. The body is pretty long and has enough of a taper that there's some stacking at the waist. The sleeves could be a little longer and slimmer, but I say that about almost every t-shirt.
Also, has anyone tried having a tailor dart the seat of a pair of jeans, a la Wings + Horns? I like these Ande Whalls (Grifter cut), but there's some serious diaper effect going on.
Sure, stop being so skinny and put some junk in your trunk.
- The WAYWT Discussion Thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 1 minute ago
- › Australian Members 8 minutes ago
- › Talking stocks, trading, and investing in general 10 minutes ago
- › E.G. Cappelli Store now LIVE! 10 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 12 minutes ago
- › Linjer Leather Goods -- official affiliate thread 12 minutes ago
- › Fantasy English Premier League - come join Stylish Gentlemen 13 minutes ago
- › Persol 714 vs 649 17 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Theard 20 minutes ago
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Office Casual - The Death of the Neck Tie?
- › Best Website For The Movies?
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...