or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The WAYWT Discussion Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The WAYWT Discussion Thread - Page 4562

post #68416 of 115735
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWorksheets View Post

Going to try posting these more often.
The discussion about blazers/t-shirts a while back (or was that in the RFT thread?) made me want to try this out. I wish the collar on the shirt was laying flatter, but whatevs Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
1400 Jacket buttoned (Click to show)
1400
OL blazer
OL tee
S2A drawstring trousers
Oliver Spencer

this looks great to me, 2worksheets. agree with the others that said untucking the tee would be better. i've found it difficult to find unstructured jackets that have a really smooth shoulder line. most of the time there is some weirdness. but at least cotton has that rumpled informal quality already so I don't think it's a big deal. i like the proportions and cut of that blazer. if bam!chairdance consents, i grant you admission to the 25% club.
post #68417 of 115735
Quote:
Originally Posted by jet View Post

coo, we need a west coast bows 951 represent

Fuck yeah makin red hair cool err day
post #68418 of 115735
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

Quote:

Originally Posted by conceptionist View Post

First WAYWT. Going safe on this one...

 

WAIWT 1.3.png

 

WAIWT 1.2.png

 

OL linen knit

Norse Projects tee (navy)

J Lindeberg Off-white Jeans

CP tan leather chukkas

Eastpak Suede Backpack

Omega 70's seamaster

 

 

I knew we could be friends

post #68419 of 115735
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenTribe View Post

I don't see any garish pocket designs so those essentially just look like standard dark jeans -- they could use a taper because they don't fit you especially well, and maybe that's what Eason was referring to, but people on this website lose their shit every time they see "Rock & Republic" (or 7FAM, TR, and lately Diesel) so don't let it turn you off of pieces that work for you.

I didn't notice the brand before I commented
post #68420 of 115735
Quote:
Originally Posted by VLSI View Post

Boring fits from me...

The second coming of robbie?
post #68421 of 115735
robbie is one of a kind
post #68422 of 115735
So many good fits on the last few pages




Something I'm confused about: Why would anyone want to get as beefy as knucks (unless they work as something like a firefighter or pro boxer)? It doesn't really look good, and requires an immense amount of time and effort. What's the point?
post #68423 of 115735
Quote:
Originally Posted by reedobandito View Post

So many good fits on the last few pages
Something I'm confused about: Why would anyone want to get as beefy as knucks (unless they work as something like a firefighter or pro boxer)? It doesn't really look good, and requires an immense amount of time and effort. What's the point?

 

The point is people want to look like that? I mean, judging from his picture knucks is an absolute animal and clearly works hard in the gym, and you don't get that large without dedicating a good portion of your daily activities to looking that way. 

The fact that it doesn't look good is your idea, and asking what the point of it is really quite an ignorant statement to make. The argument is entirely similar to when people who couldn't care less about how they dress belittle any sort of fashion and the cost associated with it. 

post #68424 of 115735
Quote:
Originally Posted by istasi View Post

908

If you ever loved somebody, put your brands up...

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
KVA's are sweet, but what's dat jacket? inlove.gif
post #68425 of 115735
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoozah View Post

robbie is one of a kind

+1, nobody besides robbie has ever come to styleforum and posted pictures just to say they don't care about style...
post #68426 of 115735
Quote:
Originally Posted by impolyt_one View Post

+1, nobody besides robbie has ever come to styleforum and posted pictures just to say they don't care about style...

I'd suggest there are a couple every year.
post #68427 of 115735
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vonael View Post

The point is people want to look like that? I mean, judging from his picture knucks is an absolute animal and clearly works hard in the gym, and you don't get that large without dedicating a good portion of your daily activities to looking that way. 
The fact that it doesn't look good is your idea, and asking what the point of it is really quite an ignorant statement to make. The argument is entirely similar to when people who couldn't care less about how they dress belittle any sort of fashion and the cost associated with it. 

Seriously dude? I was genuinely curious as to why this aesthetic is appealing. I wasn't knocking him as a person or his personal tastes or interests, just trying to grasp an understanding for something I have no awareness of. Pretty sure your presumptuous post is far more ignorant than mine was, I was simply seeking clarity.


Honestly though, what are the advantages of beefing up to those proportions? I mean no disrespect in asking this knucks, you seem like a really nice dude and it's very clear you worked very hard at getting where you are today
post #68428 of 115735

It's not all that hard to figure out... Some people prefer the "bodybuilder" aesthetic. Some prefer the "starve myself to rock fashion stylez" aesthetic. I would argue most women prefer men who look like Knucks.

post #68429 of 115735
Uh, I'd argue that it's probably not a good idea to argue what "most women" prefer.

Anyway, people can be happy with whatever body type they want to be happy with. Reedo, I understand your curiosity, but saying "it doesn't really look good" makes your question less about some level of curiosity and more so about "this doesn't look good (to me); why do you do it?" Which, unfortunately, comes across as a little bit disgusted and accusatory.
post #68430 of 115735
Quote:
Originally Posted by thewho13 View Post

Uh, I'd argue that it's probably not a good idea to argue what "most women" prefer.
Anyway, people can be happy with whatever body type they want to be happy with. Reedo, I understand your curiosity, but saying "it doesn't really look good" makes your question less about some level of curiosity and more so about "this doesn't look good (to me); why do you do it?" Which, unfortunately, comes across as a little bit disgusted and accusatory.

Yea, I reread my initial post and I agree with you, I was a being narrowminded. But underneath that narrowmindedness was genuine curiosity.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The WAYWT Discussion Thread