Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- What color of DRESS shirt to wear with DARK blue jeans? Last post on 11/4/10 at 7:44am in Classic Menswear
- MARGARET HOWELL Fall/Winter 2013 Last post on 3/12/17 at 8:24am in Streetwear and Denim
- After Hours Look Last post on 2/23/14 at 5:19pm in Streetwear and Denim
- shirts and general fit question for V shaped body Last post on 4/29/13 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my ModernTailor shirt fit & measurements Last post on 9/1/11 at 10:42am in Classic Menswear
Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how should I wash them
Last edited: 5/19/16
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Where should the points on my shirt collar lie in relation to my...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Are APCs a good starter pair of raw denim jeans?Last edited: 1/27/16
- Can the Waistband from Selvedge Jeans be taken in?Last edited: 1/27/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The WAYWT Discussion Thread - Page 4540post #68086 of 1176665/1/12 at 10:09pmpost #68087 of 1176665/1/12 at 10:16pmpost #68088 of 1176665/1/12 at 10:21pmpost #68089 of 1176665/1/12 at 10:46pmpost #68090 of 1176665/1/12 at 11:59pmpost #68091 of 1176665/2/12 at 12:36ampost #68092 of 1176665/2/12 at 4:32ampost #68093 of 1176665/2/12 at 5:05ampost #68094 of 1176665/2/12 at 5:09ampost #68095 of 1176665/2/12 at 5:13ampost #68096 of 1176665/2/12 at 5:23amQuote:
This isn't 'good' style advice per say to not wear them like that. It's personal preference which is further biased by people who don't like monks in the first place. I'm all for good discussion but I personally think that's silly you would say that's bad style if I wear my shoes like that.Quote:
Haha, habitual, I had a friend who always said that shit. I know it sounds try-hard.Quote:
Yeah, that's the point, half undone
I do agree w/ you on the shoes though, I just posted that picture as I googled double monks and that was the 1st picture I came across with a strap unbuckled.
Seems discussions about monks are always like this when they're posted. People literally love them or hate them.
Edited by dmash - 5/2/12 at 5:34ampost #68097 of 1176665/2/12 at 5:39ampost #68098 of 1176665/2/12 at 5:51amQuote:
Does he also say steezy?
if so defriend him or find help for him lolQuote:
I really believe the blind hate wouldn't be there if they weren't associated with #menswear.post #68099 of 1176665/2/12 at 5:51amI don't think so. My shoes stay in place perfectly fine with only one strap 'did' so it's not like I'm affecting the functionality.
I guess you could say it's sort of 'trendy' and not very traditional but for the time being I definitely like it. Also, I'm pretty young in the realm of things and hell........most guys my age think huge clunky loafers and huge khaki pants are 'dressy'. I definitely think I'm putting everything together a lot better than most college guys so I don't think I'd catch too much flock for one thing being odd to some people.post #68100 of 1176665/2/12 at 5:54amOne day while taking a stroll in the park I stepped on a nail and my right foot swelled to double its size. I was wearing monk straps at the time, and when my foot swelled I found myself unable to remove the shoe. It just wouldn't budge. So I limped about half a mile to the nearest ER, where they took out the scissors and made me watch as they destroyed $500 worth of leather one inch at a time.
Since then I've always made a point to keep my straps unbuckled. So if I step on a nail again the shoes will leave plenty of room for my ballooning feet. I'm sure that's why DMash unbuckles his. It's a health precaution just like brushing your teeth or wearing condoms.
This thread is locked
- The WAYWT Discussion Thread
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...
Currently, there are 1232 Active Users (140 Members and 1092 Guests)
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 22 seconds ago
- › The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! 2 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2017 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice,... 3 minutes ago
- › Hong Kong Shirt Makers 5 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 7 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget – Carmina, John Lobb, Enzo Bonafè, Carlos Santos,... 10 minutes ago
- › A weird question, in which of the following scenarios you would... 16 minutes ago
- › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here... 21 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 21 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 22 minutes ago
- › Men’s The Original 3” Boxerjock® Boxer Briefs... by Alper
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...