Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- What color of DRESS shirt to wear with DARK blue jeans? Last post on 11/4/10 at 7:44am in Classic Menswear
- MARGARET HOWELL Fall/Winter 2013 Last post on 2/5/16 at 9:34am in Streetwear and Denim
- After Hours Look Last post on 2/23/14 at 5:19pm in Streetwear and Denim
- shirts and general fit question for V shaped body Last post on 4/29/13 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my ModernTailor shirt fit & measurements Last post on 9/1/11 at 10:42am in Classic Menswear
Are APCs a good starter pair of raw denim jeans?
Last edited: 1/27/16
- Can the Waistband from Selvedge Jeans be taken in?Last edited: 1/27/16
- A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & HideLast edited: 12/7/15
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...Last edited: 12/9/15
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...Last edited: 3/30/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The WAYWT Discussion Thread - Page 4510post #67636 of 1176664/26/12 at 5:44am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #67637 of 1176664/26/12 at 5:51amQuote:
The styling of the suit is too aggressive and tailored to be worn sloppy and it looks tight over the hipspost #67638 of 1176664/26/12 at 6:02ampost #67639 of 1176664/26/12 at 6:05ampost #67640 of 1176664/26/12 at 6:21am
It's not really about chosing 'slouch', more that the jacket and trousers are both slightly too long for this kind of cut. You can get both fixed fairly easily. Not sure about the fit of the upper part of the trousers as we can't see them very well.post #67641 of 1176664/26/12 at 6:26ampost #67642 of 1176664/26/12 at 6:32amthanks for comments, it is a strange cut: the top half is fairly structured while the trousers are low waisted and fall straight to a wide hem, so they can't really help but be sloppy. i tried to get my tailor to taper them a bit but he refused, saying it was so obviously the intention of the maker that it was pointless trying to alter them.post #67643 of 1176664/26/12 at 6:36ampost #67644 of 1176664/26/12 at 6:42ampost #67645 of 1176664/26/12 at 6:44amQuote:Originally Posted by KingJulien
That's how it's supposed to look. It looks kinda weird because it needs to be ironed / it's hard to distinguish good sloppy from bad sloppy in shitty pics.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Still makes me want to see those pants hemmed.post #67646 of 1176664/26/12 at 6:45amI dig the general concept-- it's close to the way Margiela styles many of its own looks (oops, King Julian beat me to it)
Def try it with derbies/boots. If it still looks weird I'd think about hemming the pants. Also, as per Teger's comment, how's it fit in the back? Are the vents splitting at all? Cause that would mean Game Over Instant Returnpost #67647 of 1176664/26/12 at 6:50ampost #67648 of 1176664/26/12 at 6:56ampost #67649 of 1176664/26/12 at 7:06am^ yeah id like to know too. i mean i have tailored suits, and this appealed to me because of its 'anti-fit', but still interested to hear.
btw for those who mentioned there's no pull at vents/hips at all, if anything it's too big there. shitty pics don't help i know.post #67650 of 1176664/26/12 at 7:12amQuote:
The primary issue (which drives some of the other problems) is the overall balance and how it sits on the shoulders. Collar doesn't sit snug on neck, lapels are gaping open - it feels as if someone is pulling the jacket up and back and you feel compelled to grab the quarters and pull the whole thing down. That's virtually impossible to fix. First thing when trying a suit is to make sure the shoulders and neck fit, that the lapels lay flat against the upper chest. Then there's sleeves issues - large folds indicate that they need to be rotated, obviously they also need shortening. Jacket is also too long, particularly for this style and cut. Look where the hem falls vs the thumb and compare with these other lookbook pics above
This thread is locked
- The WAYWT Discussion Thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- Can the Waistband from Selvedge Jeans be taken in?
Currently, there are 1525 Active Users (364 Members and 1161 Guests)
- › Un-polishing matte leather 38 seconds ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 1 minute ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... 3 minutes ago
- › Show us how you roll in Engineered Garments 3 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 4 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 5 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 8 minutes ago
- › The Official Wine Thread 9 minutes ago
- › Talking stocks, trading, and investing in general 11 minutes ago
- › Romantic Europe meets NYC: the ROBERT GELLER thread 11 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...
- › What does it mean to Relast a shoe?
- › Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want...
- › How do I polish my shoes but preserve the...