Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- What color of DRESS shirt to wear with DARK blue jeans? Last post on 11/4/10 at 7:44am in Classic Menswear
- MARGARET HOWELL Fall/Winter 2013 Last post on 2/5/16 at 9:34am in Streetwear and Denim
- After Hours Look Last post on 2/23/14 at 5:19pm in Streetwear and Denim
- shirts and general fit question for V shaped body Last post on 4/29/13 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my ModernTailor shirt fit & measurements Last post on 9/1/11 at 10:42am in Classic Menswear
Are APCs a good starter pair of raw denim jeans?
Last edited: 1/27/16
- Can the Waistband from Selvedge Jeans be taken in?Last edited: 1/27/16
- A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & HideLast edited: 12/7/15
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...Last edited: 12/9/15
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...Last edited: 3/30/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The WAYWT Discussion Thread - Page 4486post #67276 of 1176664/23/12 at 3:22pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #67277 of 1176664/23/12 at 3:30pmQuote:
Are these the blk dnm u-necks we're talking about?
http://www.ssense.com/men/product/blk_dnm/white_scoopneck_t-shirt/47999post #67278 of 1176664/23/12 at 3:34pmQuote:
Are you seriously trying to tell me, Mr Moo, that you work in an "office" environment where Hakama pants and a YY1820s Beau Brummel-inspired coat, training behind you like a ship under full canvas, will be frowned upon? Where exactly do you work?post #67279 of 1176664/23/12 at 3:35pmQuote:You know, I don't agree with basically any of what acecow said (about nicelynice, that is; I'm on board with Ivwri's Yohji fit being awesome) or how he said it, but I think I can understand where he's coming from on most of those points. Actually, I agree that the fit of the jeans is a little sub-par.Originally Posted by acecow
This is simply awesome. You are, so far, the only person I see on this board who makes the Yohji aesthetic look so good.
This is simply boring and uninspiring. There's nothing interesting or particularly well-fitting about this outfit. A generic 20-something out of college dude in a typical democratic city. (and yes, I realize he's not in one, just saying...)
I don't see why you posted this at all.
Edit: To elaborate what I don't like about this fit:
1) The undershirt poking from under the sweater isn't doing it for me.
2) The sweater (or whatever it is) screams banana republic. The lighter color at the bottom and darker on the top makes the wearer look fatter in the mid section, and he's not a buff guy to start with.
3) Droopy shoulders, sleeve pockets and hacking pockets on the windbreaker add to that affect making him look he's "melting to the ground" for a lack of better explanation.
4) The oversized sleeve opening right before the cuffs seems out of proportion to the rest of the outfit/body type.
5) The pants are too long to break nicely and too short/wide to stack in a good way. Therefore, they fit like your typical american dad jeans.
6) The shoes are ugly with their contrasting red shoe laces and raised toes.
There, I hope I'm being more objective. That said, I liked many of his outfits, just not this one.post #67280 of 1176664/23/12 at 3:38pmpost #67281 of 1176664/23/12 at 3:45pmpost #67282 of 1176664/23/12 at 3:52pm
This is sort of an experiment for me today: super loose silhouette. makes me look short, but I like how lounge-y it is. super light wool crepe is nice and breezy for spring. mystery brand suit, white linen band collar shirt, leather tennies.
edit front view for mr snow
Edited by Parker - 4/23/12 at 4:17pmpost #67283 of 1176664/23/12 at 3:55pmpost #67284 of 1176664/23/12 at 4:02pmpost #67285 of 1176664/23/12 at 4:07pmpost #67286 of 1176664/23/12 at 4:14pmI think the crotch area looks a little off, and the legs are pretty large and shapeless, too.
Also, maybe this is the way it's intended to be worn, but the Geller flight jacket looks about one size too large in this photo. The shoulder seam is drooping down his arm, and there's fabric hanging down over the elastic cuff.post #67287 of 1176664/23/12 at 4:14pmQuote:Originally Posted by tween_spirit
Been getting a lot of use out of this camo blazer during the workweek lately.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Whats the blazer? I've been looking for something like this with no luck. The camo's pretty subdued which is cool
PS: Love this fitpost #67288 of 1176664/23/12 at 4:32pmpost #67289 of 1176664/23/12 at 4:45pmpost #67290 of 1176664/23/12 at 4:48pm
This thread is locked
- The WAYWT Discussion Thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- Can the Waistband from Selvedge Jeans be taken in?
- › What are the ties in the show "Suits" 13 seconds ago
- › NFL 2015-16 Thread 1 minute ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 3 minutes ago
- › When is the Next Brooks Brothers Sale? 4 minutes ago
- › LEMAIRE 11 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 13 minutes ago
- › Romantic Europe meets NYC: the ROBERT GELLER thread 14 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's... 17 minutes ago
- › Carmina Shoes - Official Thread (reviews, advice, sizing, etc...) 21 minutes ago
- › Poor man's watch thread 24 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?
- › Price list for Vass shoes and boots for 2016
- › Paris: Men's Fashion Week, Part 1
- › Advice on care and maintenance of Alden...
- › Help, the back of the inside of my shoes are...
- › Getting rid of a black spot on Wolverine boots
- › Removing a scratch from a pair of shoes
- › How to fix a scratch in Allen Edmond Park...
- › The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as...
- › The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as...