Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- What color of DRESS shirt to wear with DARK blue jeans? Last post on 11/4/10 at 7:44am in Classic Menswear
- After Hours Look Last post on 10/16/12 at 7:16pm in Streetwear and Denim
- shirts and general fit question for V shaped body Last post on 4/29/13 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my ModernTailor shirt fit & measurements Last post on 9/1/11 at 10:42am in Classic Menswear
- High-quality white shirt on short notice (in New York?) Last post on 12/15/12 at 5:06am in Classic Menswear
What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Bison Made
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- Crane's Country Store
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Four Horsemen Shop
- GABE Tailored
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Hiras Fashion
- Howard Yount
- Hugh & Crye
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Malford of London
- Meermin Mallorca
- Moda Republic
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Street Bootmakers
- Passaggio Cravatte
- Paul Evans
- Portland Dry Goods
- Roden Gray
- Saddleback Leather
- Self Edge
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- United Stock Dry Goods
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
The WAYWT Discussion Thread - Page 4486
Styleforum Top Picks
Dude not all posts need to involve backhanded criticisms of users. Plenty of other people do yohji well, but even if they didn't, it's not like it's the easiest thing in the world to get right. People post here for critique and advice, saying "you don't do this well" is not constructive.
re Eason: Teger is correct but I have no hate. He was pretty much my idol when I first joined.
Notice the adverb "so"? As in "so good". As in, nobody does it better than he. Which is true, imo.
I take it that you haven't been around here long enough to see asobu's fits? Because they are amazing.
And who else really tries to do Yohji besides those two, anyway?
When I posted this, I also had in mind random examples from the internet. And there's more people in the Yohji thread. Also, Shah does it often.
i've posted maybe two or three fits which had Y's jackets paired with other stuff, not really the yohji aesthetic and nothing from mainline so not sure why you thought this was a valid point to make. Not taking away from naija boy he's fantastic but there are plenty others who do it well too, namely asobu and wireartist, and mail-moth has a couple yohji outfits that are great.
Are these the blk dnm u-necks we're talking about?
Are you seriously trying to tell me, Mr Moo, that you work in an "office" environment where Hakama pants and a YY1820s Beau Brummel-inspired coat, training behind you like a ship under full canvas, will be frowned upon? Where exactly do you work?
This is simply awesome. You are, so far, the only person I see on this board who makes the Yohji aesthetic look so good.
This is simply boring and uninspiring. There's nothing interesting or particularly well-fitting about this outfit. A generic 20-something out of college dude in a typical democratic city. (and yes, I realize he's not in one, just saying...)
I don't see why you posted this at all.
Edit: To elaborate what I don't like about this fit:
1) The undershirt poking from under the sweater isn't doing it for me.
2) The sweater (or whatever it is) screams banana republic. The lighter color at the bottom and darker on the top makes the wearer look fatter in the mid section, and he's not a buff guy to start with.
3) Droopy shoulders, sleeve pockets and hacking pockets on the windbreaker add to that affect making him look he's "melting to the ground" for a lack of better explanation.
4) The oversized sleeve opening right before the cuffs seems out of proportion to the rest of the outfit/body type.
5) The pants are too long to break nicely and too short/wide to stack in a good way. Therefore, they fit like your typical american dad jeans.
6) The shoes are ugly with their contrasting red shoe laces and raised toes.
There, I hope I'm being more objective. That said, I liked many of his outfits, just not this one.
This is sort of an experiment for me today: super loose silhouette. makes me look short, but I like how lounge-y it is. super light wool crepe is nice and breezy for spring. mystery brand suit, white linen band collar shirt, leather tennies.
edit front view for mr snow
Edited by Parker - 4/23/12 at 4:17pm
- The WAYWT Discussion Thread
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 9 seconds ago
- › Things that are pissing you off. 27 seconds ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 57 seconds ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 1 minute ago
- › Homeland on Showtime. 2 minutes ago
- › Auction Thread for the Styleforum 2013 Holiday Charity Drive for... 2 minutes ago
- › Is this a bad ending to a Phone Interview? 2 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts 2 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 3 minutes ago
- › Leaving Napoli soon- what to bring back?? 3 minutes ago
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › Adidas x The Soloist Rod Laver Vin by BenMusch
- › Loake 1880 Aldwych by wurger
- › Herschel Ravine Black/Tan FA 12 by pfmicks
- › Vans Footwear The Barbour Classic Slip On Sneaker,10.5,Green by ATLnoob
- › Berg & Berg unlined silk bow tie (SS'13) by MTB-85
- › ANNOUNCEMENT BLURB by Steve123
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques... by mimo
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits by LA Guy
- › San Francisco Shopping Map by j
- › So you want to design your own clothes? by DaveJames
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras) by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &... by alyssaw