or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The WAYWT Discussion Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The WAYWT Discussion Thread - Page 4463  

post #66931 of 117677
Quote:
Originally Posted by noobizor View Post


Moving on, how can you claim to be in Greece, yet still catch GCB on the reg? laugh.gif

only i know the whereabouts of our dear miran2 devil.gif

maybe shah too
post #66932 of 117677

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by derrida26 View Post

who the fuck wears prada espadrilles...

 

Prada may drop a lot of crap particularly for men.  but those things are really really boss.

post #66933 of 117677
428

rainy day.
post #66934 of 117677
Watching a dance performance at USC tonight.

700
Shirt Fit (Click to show)
700
post #66935 of 117677
Not a great photo, snapped it on the way to lunch frown.gif My cell phone in my pocket is messin up all the deets on the pants

Click for big
UsqDzl.jpg
post #66936 of 117677
Quote:
Originally Posted by bows1 View Post

Not a great photo, snapped it on the way to lunch frown.gif My cell phone in my pocket is messin up all the deets on the pants
Click for big
UsqDzl.jpg

Why you covering you face now?
post #66937 of 117677
bad photo
post #66938 of 117677
tween_spirit
"looks good but sneakers and glasses are ugly, sorry"


Sneakers, possibly, although I like them. They'd look better with white laces, but those got chewed by my parents' dog. I had to put blue in for now. But glasses you cannot even see clearly. They're simple and good. I have another 3 a bit more exotic pairs for when I'm feeling adventurous.
post #66939 of 117677

Acecow it looks like you took a formal outfit and tried to 'casual it up' with sneakers and the belt.  I think it needs either a t-shirt instead of the collared shirt or regular shoes and belt; as-is the extremes of formality are clashing with each other.

post #66940 of 117677
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingJulien View Post

Acecow it looks like you took a formal outfit and tried to 'casual it up' with sneakers and the belt.  I think it needs either a t-shirt instead of the collared shirt or regular shoes and belt; as-is the extremes of formality are clashing with each other.

No they're not. Soft cotton chinos and an unstructured hemp blazer are hardly up there in the level of formality. T-shirt, maybe, but I don't wear t-shirts with jackets. A shirt collar protects the jacket from getting dirty. And polo shirts look douchy with jackets.

White shirt, on the other hand, is indeed more formal. Besides a t-shirt, what would people recommend?
Edited by acecow - 4/19/12 at 11:50am
post #66941 of 117677

Fuuma summed it up better than I can a week or two ago, but there's this idea that certain fabrics are more casual than others and, while there's truth to that, it's not going to get around the fact that a blazer, collared shirt, and chinos are a lot more dressed up than Jack Purcell's.  I think if you want to keep the collared shirt but still want to do sneakers a more refined sneaker would look better, like a common projects low.

post #66942 of 117677

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by acecow View Post

Watching a dance performance at USC tonight.
700 Shirt Fit (Click to show)
700

 

 

so this is acecow? hahahahaha

post #66943 of 117677
I think that would look fine with no blazer, a button-down collar, and sleeves rolled up.
post #66944 of 117677
Quote:
Originally Posted by notwithit View Post

I think that would look fine with no blazer, a button-down collar, and sleeves rolled up.

I want to look slightly more presentable for the show, because my girlfriend is in it. Afterwards, when we go to eat or dance, I'll take the jacket off and roll up my sleeves.
post #66945 of 117677
Quote:
Originally Posted by acecow View Post

I want to look slightly more presentable for the show, because my girlfriend is in it. Afterwards, when we go to eat or dance, I'll take the jacket off and roll up my sleeves.

if you think all advice or criticism is stupid, then why do you post? to show off?

the outfit is bad because, as people have been saying, there's a disconnect between the sneakers (which are ugly on their own) and the blazer. I also think surcingle belts are childish.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The WAYWT Discussion Thread