Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- What color of DRESS shirt to wear with DARK blue jeans? Last post on 11/4/10 at 7:44am in Classic Menswear
- After Hours Look Last post on 2/23/14 at 5:19pm in Streetwear and Denim
- shirts and general fit question for V shaped body Last post on 4/29/13 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my ModernTailor shirt fit & measurements Last post on 9/1/11 at 10:42am in Classic Menswear
- High-quality white shirt on short notice (in New York?) Last post on 12/15/12 at 5:06am in Classic Menswear
What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- ASPECD Apparel
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Andrews Sartorial Luxury Collection
- Meermin Mallorca
- Moda Republic
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- Nice Laundry
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- United Stock Dry Goods
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
The WAYWT Discussion Thread - Page 4438
Styleforum Top Picks
hey no problem... I get where you were coming from...trying the different-blues-together angle. It's a great idea and perfectly acceptable but like I said there needs to be at least some contrast or variation to differentiate the jeans from the SC etc. (otherwise the weird "suit / but not a suit" look). The shade of the shirt is great, just not the fit as the more casual, wrinkliness is somewhat at odds with the SC IMO. anyway...good attempt in theory and thanks for being receptive to critique and brave enough to post!
btw... about the brands.... definitely post them if you wish as people will inevitably ask you later if there is a piece they like. I was presumptuous in perhaps thinking "oh hey here's the new guy showing off all his Hermes, Etro and more esoteric French stuff like Billtornade..." It's not like everyone can wear/afford nice stuff like that all the time so as one of your first posts I wrongly assumed you were "brand dandying" for some internet adulation... that is not the case, my apologies, but as you will find it happens around here.
SvB is relevant because of your proportions/body type... I as well am long and lean, but not quite as much as SvB... it's just good reference to try techniques that will emphasize the "strengths" and downplay "weaknesses". For example, your fit did also kind of emphasize your shoes which made them look even bigger proportionally... I've seen this mentioned with SvB. So the question is how can one wear a slim, tapered look and not have the shoes look like gigantic clown shoes (yours were not in clown territory but looked a bit large and disproportionate overall). Anyway, hope this helps....glad to meet you and still hoping there's more Etro to come!
Ah I see the shoe-thing as well now. I have pretty big feet and the shoes are slightly on the big side of my usual size..
Nice to meet you too. And I got only a couple stuff from Etro.. A few shirts, a sweater, the jacket and another white/black striped jacket.. Nothing funky, unfortunately. But I'm going to a big Etro outlet next week, I'll be sure to pick up some stuff :p
nah - more like: Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Arrgghgh! Next it's gonna be Olivier Zahm or even worse, Romain Duris (who is a complete asshole, great actor though). I have the incredible (mis?) fortune to always look like someone else well known, has been happening to me since my teens. I had my Chris Kattan summer where every fucking girl I met at a party would think I looked like him (I had an unfortunate haircut).
- The WAYWT Discussion Thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- › Howard Yount: Affiliate thread 11 seconds ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 1 minute ago
- › BB Peal and Co Burgundy PTBs w/Dainite Soles, Crockett and Jones -... 3 minutes ago
- › Lets talk about COFFEE 3 minutes ago
- › Polo Ralph Lauren Suiting are now made by Hickey Freeman. 9 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 10 minutes ago
- › LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread 16 minutes ago
- › "What I'm Selling on eBay" - member auctions 18 minutes ago
- › NBA 2013-2014 Season Thread 19 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 21 minutes ago
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Pullovers)