Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- What color of DRESS shirt to wear with DARK blue jeans? Last post on 11/4/10 at 7:44am in Classic Menswear
- MARGARET HOWELL Fall/Winter 2013 Last post on Today at 9:35 am in Streetwear and Denim
- After Hours Look Last post on 2/23/14 at 5:19pm in Streetwear and Denim
- shirts and general fit question for V shaped body Last post on 4/29/13 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my ModernTailor shirt fit & measurements Last post on 9/1/11 at 10:42am in Classic Menswear
CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...
Last edited: 3/30/15
- What I Learned from Slim DenimLast edited: 12/21/14
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
The WAYWT Discussion Thread - Page 4436post #66526 of 1176684/12/12 at 10:23pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #66527 of 1176684/12/12 at 10:45pmpost #66528 of 1176684/12/12 at 10:49pmpost #66529 of 1176684/12/12 at 10:49pmpost #66530 of 1176684/12/12 at 10:57pmpost #66531 of 1176684/13/12 at 1:30ampost #66532 of 1176684/13/12 at 1:45ampost #66533 of 1176684/13/12 at 2:00ampost #66534 of 1176684/13/12 at 2:50amQuote:
natural waist is around the belly button. If you're relatively fit, it's your skinniest point.
Your unnatural waist is that odd looking mole just above your hip. You should get that checked out.
Your supernatural waist is in the 2nd/3rd intercostal, and is the area I once aimed for. Being superhuman of course.post #66535 of 1176684/13/12 at 3:01ampost #66536 of 1176684/13/12 at 4:23amQuote:Originally Posted by Kid Nickels
fuck... what did sq4you do to elicit a beat down like this? critiquing the dry wall... srsly?
well I wasn't sure what you were after as you didn't post any comments except the clothing names and as a result I must admit I got the feeling you were being a bit of a "brand dandy" considering what you included... I didn't critique as I felt I was being presumptuous in that assessment.
I like the jacket...very nice... but I already have an unnatural love for most things Etro (altho' this is conservative for Etro and I love their funkier stuff). My biggest concern is that from a distance it looks like a weird suit... meaning the jacket and jeans are too close in color and texture to differentiate the two when in reality you're wearing jeans and an SC. The shirt looks a bit unkempt and kinda sloppy and altho' I like the scarf on its own, I'm not a fan of how you're wearing it. One of your thumbs up called you SvB (Stanley Van Buren) Jr... he is similarly tall and thin so maybe check out his fits to see how he is able to minimize his long, lean body by the nature of his fits. You have some nice clothing there...just work on putting it together more skillfully...but welcome to SF and keep posting. Especially if you've got more Etro! I'd love to see it
Thanks for the criticism, I appreciate it.
I wasn't really comfortable posting all the brands, but from lurking around I thought that was the thing to do here.. I'll happily leave it out the next time.
To give context to the outfit: I was trying out something new with going all blue, it didn't really work out though, as you said, with the jeans and jacket being too close in color/texture. It's not something I wear often.
And thanks for clearing up who SvB is. I looked through his blog and he dresses well, but I'll have to find my own style.
I'll keep on posting, because of feedback like yours ;)post #66537 of 1176684/13/12 at 5:29ampost #66538 of 1176684/13/12 at 6:57ampost #66539 of 1176684/13/12 at 7:25amQuote:IDK if the hem has to be that short, just visibly above the crotch. Much longer, and you just look like you forgot to finish getting dressed, or like you're trying to rock the Uma Thurman Pulp Fiction look:
This thread is locked
- The WAYWT Discussion Thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- What I Learned from Slim Denim
- › Boots Boots Boots - For Boot Guys Only 5 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 9 minutes ago
- › Cool furniture, design objects and desiderata 9 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 11 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Theard 14 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 15 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 18 minutes ago
- › Tod's Gommino Suede Driving Shoes UK 8 26 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 40 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 56 minutes ago
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Who Won Styleforum's First Ever Gallery...
- › Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I...
- › The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
- › How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring...
- › 6 Hats for Spring and Summer
- › Bourbon Season: Three Cocktails For Spring
- › The Styleforum Brief April 2015
- › Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest!...
- › Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of...
- › How to Buy Direct from Japan