Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- What color of DRESS shirt to wear with DARK blue jeans? Last post on 11/4/10 at 7:44am in Classic Menswear
- MARGARET HOWELL Fall/Winter 2013 Last post on 2/19/17 at 3:26pm in Streetwear and Denim
- After Hours Look Last post on 2/23/14 at 5:19pm in Streetwear and Denim
- shirts and general fit question for V shaped body Last post on 4/29/13 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my ModernTailor shirt fit & measurements Last post on 9/1/11 at 10:42am in Classic Menswear
Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how should I wash them
Last edited: 5/19/16
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Where should the points on my shirt collar lie in relation to my...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Are APCs a good starter pair of raw denim jeans?Last edited: 1/27/16
- Can the Waistband from Selvedge Jeans be taken in?Last edited: 1/27/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The WAYWT Discussion Thread - Page 4436post #66526 of 1176664/12/12 at 10:49pmpost #66527 of 1176664/12/12 at 10:49pmpost #66528 of 1176664/12/12 at 10:57pmpost #66529 of 1176664/13/12 at 1:30ampost #66530 of 1176664/13/12 at 1:45ampost #66531 of 1176664/13/12 at 2:00ampost #66532 of 1176664/13/12 at 2:50amQuote:
natural waist is around the belly button. If you're relatively fit, it's your skinniest point.
Your unnatural waist is that odd looking mole just above your hip. You should get that checked out.
Your supernatural waist is in the 2nd/3rd intercostal, and is the area I once aimed for. Being superhuman of course.post #66533 of 1176664/13/12 at 3:01ampost #66534 of 1176664/13/12 at 4:23amQuote:Originally Posted by Kid Nickels
fuck... what did sq4you do to elicit a beat down like this? critiquing the dry wall... srsly?
well I wasn't sure what you were after as you didn't post any comments except the clothing names and as a result I must admit I got the feeling you were being a bit of a "brand dandy" considering what you included... I didn't critique as I felt I was being presumptuous in that assessment.
I like the jacket...very nice... but I already have an unnatural love for most things Etro (altho' this is conservative for Etro and I love their funkier stuff). My biggest concern is that from a distance it looks like a weird suit... meaning the jacket and jeans are too close in color and texture to differentiate the two when in reality you're wearing jeans and an SC. The shirt looks a bit unkempt and kinda sloppy and altho' I like the scarf on its own, I'm not a fan of how you're wearing it. One of your thumbs up called you SvB (Stanley Van Buren) Jr... he is similarly tall and thin so maybe check out his fits to see how he is able to minimize his long, lean body by the nature of his fits. You have some nice clothing there...just work on putting it together more skillfully...but welcome to SF and keep posting. Especially if you've got more Etro! I'd love to see it
Thanks for the criticism, I appreciate it.
I wasn't really comfortable posting all the brands, but from lurking around I thought that was the thing to do here.. I'll happily leave it out the next time.
To give context to the outfit: I was trying out something new with going all blue, it didn't really work out though, as you said, with the jeans and jacket being too close in color/texture. It's not something I wear often.
And thanks for clearing up who SvB is. I looked through his blog and he dresses well, but I'll have to find my own style.
I'll keep on posting, because of feedback like yours ;)post #66535 of 1176664/13/12 at 5:29ampost #66536 of 1176664/13/12 at 6:57ampost #66537 of 1176664/13/12 at 7:25amQuote:IDK if the hem has to be that short, just visibly above the crotch. Much longer, and you just look like you forgot to finish getting dressed, or like you're trying to rock the Uma Thurman Pulp Fiction look:post #66538 of 1176664/13/12 at 7:53ampost #66539 of 1176664/13/12 at 8:11ampost #66540 of 1176664/13/12 at 8:42am
This thread is locked
- The WAYWT Discussion Thread
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...
- › The State of Black Tie: Your Observations 1 second ago
- › Crockett and Jones x Frans Boone Coniston (Brown Scotch Grain) -... 1 minute ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 1 minute ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 1 minute ago
- › Edward Green Newbury Cloud Antique 2 minutes ago
- › Saint Crispin's Mod. 545 Loafers 8.5F 2 minutes ago
- › Saint Crispin's Mod. 608 Button Boots 8.5F 3 minutes ago
- › Junkard Boots 3 minutes ago
- › Crockett & Jones MTO Central 4 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing,... 7 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...