or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The WAYWT Discussion Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The WAYWT Discussion Thread - Page 4391  

post #65851 of 117677
FINALLY caught up after spring break in Spain, so many good fits (and a couple sort of disturbing ones).
post #65852 of 117677

Do you guys have pics/examples of the look your going for? Going to get a cut today. 
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by orchestrion View Post



I usually just lurk this thread, but I wanted to chime in. Based on your pictures it looks like our hair might be pretty similar. I could never get a cut that I liked until a few years ago when I got it pretty short on the sides with a bit more length on top and then thinned out all around. I've found that a cut like that lets the hair "grow in" without looking too poofy on the sides, which is what always happened to me before.



 



Quote:
Originally Posted by thewho13 View Post


I'll second this. While my hair is far from perfect, I'm waaaay happier with how it's developing after doing something similar.
My hair is extremely thick and wavy too, but I think I'm figuring out how to shape it. I basically just let it grow out pretty long all around—it looked like shit for a while, but oh well I guess—and then I had it trimmed a bit shorter on the sides, while simply thinning out the top part. After three or four weeks, I had the same thing done again (clean up the sides; thin out the top). It's not quite "good," but I'm pretty sure (I hope) that I'm going in the right direction.
Of course, this is all said under the assumption that you want to grow your hair out longer and do a pomp or some similar shit—which, I realize, might not be the case. But maybe this helps a bit? or don't give up hope on long(er) hair? Something like that.


 

post #65853 of 117677
post #65854 of 117677
628

693

584

acne
apc
filippa k
post #65855 of 117677
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xhale12 View Post

Do you guys have pics/examples of the look your going for? Going to get a cut today. 
 



 



 


I just google image searched "short hairstyles for men with thick hair" and took my pick from what I saw. The few that I played around with are these. I took the Brad Pitt one in to my stylsit for a while and the one I've used the last few times is the Jake Gyllenhaal picture. Keep in mind that it doesn't have to be exactly like the picture. I just use the picture as a guideline to show what I would normally be terrible at putting to words. Good luck!

 

brad-pitt-slick-clean-hair-style.jpg

Jake-Gyllenhaal-New-Hair-2011-1-500x443.jpg

 

A more extreme example:

 

Short_Hair_1.jpg

 

post #65856 of 117677

@jweid82

 

cuffs plus stacks?

post #65857 of 117677
post #65858 of 117677
so slouchy and cool. Pants are magnificent! I don't wear short sleeve buttonups much but it looks great here.
post #65859 of 117677
While you obviously have a lot of really good fits, Ivwri, I feel like you could benefit from chunkier/more substantial footwear a lot of the time. Like Aldens or Docs or something else with at thicker sole/not as flat.
post #65860 of 117677
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmaozedong View Post

While you obviously have a lot of really good fits, Ivwri, I feel like you could benefit from chunkier/more substantial footwear a lot of the time. Like Aldens or Docs or something else with at thicker sole/not as flat.

Yeah I am technically still working on getting a more rounded shoe collection - I just get distracted with getting all the other stuff most of the time biggrin.gif (having typed that, there are some Docs I am looking at right now actually). Wore the sneakers today cos I felt like being very laidback though.
post #65861 of 117677
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivwri View Post

Yeah I am technically still working on getting a more rounded shoe collection - I just get distracted with getting all the other stuff most of the time biggrin.gif (having typed that, there are some Docs I am looking at right now actually). Wore the sneakers today cos I felt like being very laidback though.

I'm actually also looking at picking up a pair of docs as I type this--blacked out 1461s fistbump.gif

macys shog[1].gif has some good prices on a lot of popular models, but if i recall you're not located in the states, so shipping might make it not worthwhile
post #65862 of 117677
Yea, macy's won't work for me unfortunately frown.gif. Will see if I can't get like one or two more boots that will hold me over for a while.

Really want these but they are impossible to find (Yohji x Bruno Bordese) -
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
282
post #65863 of 117677
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmaozedong View Post

While you obviously have a lot of really good fits, Ivwri, I feel like you could benefit from chunkier/more substantial footwear a lot of the time. Like Aldens or Docs or something else with at thicker sole/not as flat.

some ann d. footwear could work too
post #65864 of 117677

ann boots would definitely fit great with that

post #65865 of 117677
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivwri View Post

Yea, macy's won't work for me unfortunately frown.gif. Will see if I can't get like one or two more boots that will hold me over for a while.
Really want these but they are impossible to find (Yohji x Bruno Bordese) - Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
282

could pick up the guidi hiking from LN-CC.

467

looks similar.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The WAYWT Discussion Thread