Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- What color of DRESS shirt to wear with DARK blue jeans? Last post on 11/4/10 at 7:44am in Classic Menswear
- MARGARET HOWELL Fall/Winter 2013 Last post on 3/13/15 at 2:34am in Streetwear and Denim
- After Hours Look Last post on 2/23/14 at 5:19pm in Streetwear and Denim
- shirts and general fit question for V shaped body Last post on 4/29/13 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my ModernTailor shirt fit & measurements Last post on 9/1/11 at 10:42am in Classic Menswear
CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...
Last edited: 3/10/15
- What I Learned from Slim DenimLast edited: 12/21/14
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The WAYWT Discussion Thread - Page 4381post #65701 of 1176684/1/12 at 9:06pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #65702 of 1176684/1/12 at 9:09pmQuote:
I shall but the iPhone doesn't take great pictures and the lightning doesn't help either. I usually end up having to brighten the pictures and that makes the clothes look shitty as fuck. How do you guys do it?post #65703 of 1176684/1/12 at 9:12pmpost #65704 of 1176684/1/12 at 11:55pmpost #65705 of 1176684/2/12 at 12:18amQuote:Originally Posted by Ivwri
Just got back in from church.
Jacket open (Click to show)Fabric close-up (with pocket flap detail) (Click to show)Details (Click to show)Jacket - YYPH AW08 (wool/cotton blend) - thanks to asobu
Shirt - YYPH SS12 (cotton)
Pants - YYPH AW10 (wool gabardine)
Shoes - Ann D SS11
your fits are awesome 99% of the time but im going to go against the 29 thumbs up and say there is something off about this one.
I dont think navy blue works with black (or are your pants grey?).
also, the textures don't seem to work together.
the bottom alone looks good and the top alone looks good but the two halves together dont, imo.post #65706 of 1176684/2/12 at 12:47ampost #65707 of 1176684/2/12 at 4:59ampost #65708 of 1176684/2/12 at 5:05amlighting's not helping but the different elements are a bit incongruous. bottom half needs a leather or something, top half needs more tapered denims and a proper shoe or boot (as you did before, which worked really well IMO).
Edited by robinsongreen68 - 4/2/12 at 5:26ampost #65709 of 1176684/2/12 at 5:06ampost #65710 of 1176684/2/12 at 5:12ampost #65711 of 1176684/2/12 at 7:35ampost #65712 of 1176684/2/12 at 7:38ampost #65713 of 1176684/2/12 at 7:41amHad a pair of pants cropped with a particular idea in mind. Basically an experiment. Here are the results. Sorry, garbage dirty mirror pics again (my wife does her makeup in that mirror and somehow it's just a mess all the time). Last one I'm looking all stiff but you can see the pants clearly. I didn't have them cuffed, but the shape looks a little funny to me when they're straight. Still working it out.
Edited by pickpackpockpuck - 5/9/12 at 11:27ampost #65714 of 1176684/2/12 at 7:57ampost #65715 of 1176684/2/12 at 8:06amQuote:
And snug is not a good look for someone who's carrying some extra weight. Sorry. Neither the top nor bottom is all that flattering on you. The jacket still looks snug in the wrong spots (the mid-section) despite the undone buttons. I'm not sure what's going on with the jeans, but either they're giving you an extreme case of hip flare, or your legs aren't made for that cut. The jeans look fine from the hems up to about mid-thigh. At that point, it looks as though you're carrying around a bunch of billiard balls in your pockets.
This is to say nothing of the intended look - the denim tuxedo - which is a difficult concept to execute well to start with.
This thread is locked
- The WAYWT Discussion Thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- What I Learned from Slim Denim
Currently, there are 1706 Active Users (471 Members and 1235 Guests)
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 5 seconds ago
- › Margaret Howell (mainline) Wool/Cashmere knit 1 minute ago
- › The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread 1 minute ago
- › John Elliott + Co - official affiliate thread 4 minutes ago
- › Why all the hate for wholecuts? 4 minutes ago
- › Ties(All $9) Some NWT. Hugo Boss, Dior, Talbott BOC, Brooks,... 4 minutes ago
- › First suit, no budget restrictions 5 minutes ago
- › Portland Dry Goods [OFFICIAL] Affiliate Thread 5 minutes ago
- › The Architecture Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 6 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › The ten least expensive cars to insure in the US
- › The Styleforum Brief: March 2015
- › Going Places: A Brief Trip to Naples
- › One Sneaker to Rule Them All: The Rise of the...
- › People Who Make Our Lives Better: Jack...
- › CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best...
- › Fok's Pick: Quilted Vests
- › A Suit Well-Traveled: Clark Gable’s...
- › Six questions to ask when vetting your...
- › The truth about how to be great at content...