Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- What color of DRESS shirt to wear with DARK blue jeans? Last post on 11/4/10 at 7:44am in Classic Menswear
- MARGARET HOWELL Fall/Winter 2013 Last post on 8/5/15 at 11:44am in Streetwear and Denim
- After Hours Look Last post on 2/23/14 at 5:19pm in Streetwear and Denim
- shirts and general fit question for V shaped body Last post on 4/29/13 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my ModernTailor shirt fit & measurements Last post on 9/1/11 at 10:42am in Classic Menswear
CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...
Last edited: 3/30/15
- What I Learned from Slim DenimLast edited: 12/21/14
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
The WAYWT Discussion Thread - Page 4381post #65701 of 1176684/1/12 at 9:06pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #65702 of 1176684/1/12 at 9:09pmQuote:
I shall but the iPhone doesn't take great pictures and the lightning doesn't help either. I usually end up having to brighten the pictures and that makes the clothes look shitty as fuck. How do you guys do it?post #65703 of 1176684/1/12 at 9:12pmpost #65704 of 1176684/1/12 at 11:55pmpost #65705 of 1176684/2/12 at 12:18amQuote:Originally Posted by Ivwri
Just got back in from church.
Jacket open (Click to show)Fabric close-up (with pocket flap detail) (Click to show)Details (Click to show)Jacket - YYPH AW08 (wool/cotton blend) - thanks to asobu
Shirt - YYPH SS12 (cotton)
Pants - YYPH AW10 (wool gabardine)
Shoes - Ann D SS11
your fits are awesome 99% of the time but im going to go against the 29 thumbs up and say there is something off about this one.
I dont think navy blue works with black (or are your pants grey?).
also, the textures don't seem to work together.
the bottom alone looks good and the top alone looks good but the two halves together dont, imo.post #65706 of 1176684/2/12 at 12:47ampost #65707 of 1176684/2/12 at 4:59ampost #65708 of 1176684/2/12 at 5:05amlighting's not helping but the different elements are a bit incongruous. bottom half needs a leather or something, top half needs more tapered denims and a proper shoe or boot (as you did before, which worked really well IMO).
Edited by robinsongreen68 - 4/2/12 at 5:26ampost #65709 of 1176684/2/12 at 5:06ampost #65710 of 1176684/2/12 at 5:12ampost #65711 of 1176684/2/12 at 7:35ampost #65712 of 1176684/2/12 at 7:38ampost #65713 of 1176684/2/12 at 7:41amHad a pair of pants cropped with a particular idea in mind. Basically an experiment. Here are the results. Sorry, garbage dirty mirror pics again (my wife does her makeup in that mirror and somehow it's just a mess all the time). Last one I'm looking all stiff but you can see the pants clearly. I didn't have them cuffed, but the shape looks a little funny to me when they're straight. Still working it out.
Edited by pickpackpockpuck - 5/9/12 at 11:27ampost #65714 of 1176684/2/12 at 7:57ampost #65715 of 1176684/2/12 at 8:06amQuote:
And snug is not a good look for someone who's carrying some extra weight. Sorry. Neither the top nor bottom is all that flattering on you. The jacket still looks snug in the wrong spots (the mid-section) despite the undone buttons. I'm not sure what's going on with the jeans, but either they're giving you an extreme case of hip flare, or your legs aren't made for that cut. The jeans look fine from the hems up to about mid-thigh. At that point, it looks as though you're carrying around a bunch of billiard balls in your pockets.
This is to say nothing of the intended look - the denim tuxedo - which is a difficult concept to execute well to start with.
This thread is locked
- The WAYWT Discussion Thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- What I Learned from Slim Denim
Currently, there are 1430 Active Users (271 Members and 1159 Guests)
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 1 minute ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 3 minutes ago
- › Schott 626 Perfecto (Black, Size XS) 5 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 5 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 8 minutes ago
- › Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread 9 minutes ago
- › Talking stocks, trading, and investing in general 13 minutes ago
- › Loro Piana Roadster & Luciano Barbara Cashmere Sweaters 14 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 14 minutes ago
- › Things you just don't get 17 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Announcing the winner of the Kent Wang...
- › Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather Cloth
- › The Myth of the Nice Guy: Baseball’s...
- › Three Gin Cocktails for Summertime
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015