Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- What color of DRESS shirt to wear with DARK blue jeans? Last post on 11/4/10 at 7:44am in Classic Menswear
- MARGARET HOWELL Fall/Winter 2013 Last post on 7/16/15 at 4:16pm in Streetwear and Denim
- After Hours Look Last post on 2/23/14 at 5:19pm in Streetwear and Denim
- shirts and general fit question for V shaped body Last post on 4/29/13 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my ModernTailor shirt fit & measurements Last post on 9/1/11 at 10:42am in Classic Menswear
CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...
Last edited: 3/30/15
- What I Learned from Slim DenimLast edited: 12/21/14
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
The WAYWT Discussion Thread - Page 4379post #65671 of 1176684/1/12 at 9:47am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #65672 of 1176684/1/12 at 9:54amQuote:Originally Posted by tween_spirit
hahaha just saw your thumbs up comment SvB. I would t tease if I didn't <3 u
also, ivwri, I almost always love what you post but this isn't doing it for me. I just don't really like the way the jacket looks with those pants. there is something about the materials or colors that isn't working. I might be alone on this but who knows.
Nah, I'm not completely satisfied with how this turned out either. I almost paired the jacket with another pair of pants that might have worked better, but I felt like wearing these out in the end. Will try the jacket again with some other pants and see how it turns out.post #65673 of 1176684/1/12 at 10:03ampost #65674 of 1176684/1/12 at 10:55amfwiw I think it works Ivwri, but I've seen/worn this combination (or variations of it) in person and think it comes out better in person that in these particular photos. Especially this shade of navy, which is hard to capture in pics but it looks great in natural light. Besides gabardine I think there's a variety of fabrics that would work in conjunction with the jacket, the pants could also be a little bit less structured imo. What this handstitched series was paired with on the runway (as 'suits') are some of the widest/baggiest pants he's done. The jacket is just incredible in person, all the details and the fabric really balances the formality of the cut.
edit: in a more casual context, perhaps, I'd like the shirt untucked toopost #65675 of 1176684/1/12 at 10:58amYeah the pants I was thinking about pairing with the jacket are the AW11 cotton high-waisted ones. Those are really baggy as you know and are cotton so I thought they might mimic the runway styling pretty well. Felt a bit too casual for church and in particular Palm Sunday though .post #65676 of 1176684/1/12 at 12:39pmpost #65677 of 1176684/1/12 at 12:48pmpost #65678 of 1176684/1/12 at 12:55pmpost #65679 of 1176684/1/12 at 12:59pmpost #65680 of 1176684/1/12 at 3:09pmQuote:Originally Posted by airblaster503
While the shoulders might fit the mid section is an abomination, any jacket that pulls like that means it is to small. First maybe ditch the cardigan underneath since that isn't really adding anything and is making the jacket tighter. Button more than one button on the jacket if you insist on keeping it. No sneaker tuck, maybe even a more straight leg pair of pants rather than ones that taper heavily. And you can blame it on exams or whatever but ti still doesn't take away from the fact that you need to get in better shape for clothes to fit nicely. This advice has been given over and over, take 3 months and get in shape before you commit to buying anything trying to go toward a certain style.
Hey man I used to be much heavier but with adolescense and increased activity I managed to lose a good amount of weight however I kind of stagnated at where I am right now. I do 30 mins of cardio 3x week, I stand up 9 hours at a time for my job at least a couple of times a week, and I walk around a lot due to school but it rarely goes under where I'm at. Not everyone can easily achieve a perfectly skinny body but I try to make the best of what I got! That jacket was also bought on a whim without having tried it on in person first, and there were no returns allowed so I can't really bring it back. Thanks for the advice though, I appreciate it, I'll probably just avoid buttoning the jacket, or wearing it with less layers.post #65681 of 1176684/1/12 at 3:44pmQuote:Originally Posted by FG31
Hey man I used to be much heavier but with adolescense and increased activity I managed to lose a good amount of weight however I kind of stagnated at where I am right now. I do 30 mins of cardio 3x week, I stand up 9 hours at a time for my job at least a couple of times a week, and I walk around a lot due to school but it rarely goes under where I'm at. Not everyone can easily achieve a perfectly skinny body but I try to make the best of what I got! That jacket was also bought on a whim without having tried it on in person first, and there were no returns allowed so I can't really bring it back. Thanks for the advice though, I appreciate it, I'll probably just avoid buttoning the jacket, or wearing it with less layers.
The angle at which you took your picture is probably not helping either. Try standing a bit farther back and cropping.post #65682 of 1176684/1/12 at 4:36pmpost #65683 of 1176684/1/12 at 4:40pmpost #65684 of 1176684/1/12 at 4:42pm
This thread is locked
- The WAYWT Discussion Thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- What I Learned from Slim Denim
- › ***The Official Rick Owens Thread*** 1 minute ago
- › MC General Chat 1 minute ago
- › Carmina Shoes - Official Affiliate Thread 1 minute ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 3 minutes ago
- › Wolverine 1000 Mile Boot Review 4 minutes ago
- › Eidos Napoli 5 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 6 minutes ago
- › Next jacket? 9 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 10 minutes ago
- › Proper Cloth - Official Affiliate Thread 12 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...