or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The WAYWT Discussion Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The WAYWT Discussion Thread - Page 4366  

post #65476 of 117668
Quote:
Originally Posted by DLester View Post

Today is casual day at wurk and on these days I have started wearing jeans with untucked shirt because tucking in jeans looks weak 90% of the time. I get a fair amount of grief about it from co-workers as well as "yep keep doing that, looks better."

I've been tucking shirts into those white 511's I bought and I think it looks ok. Well, once or twice. Could be totally wrong.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingJulien View Post

Quote:
As for hair, maybe just put some shit in it - synth, I also wouldn't mind knowing how you get yours to look like that lol.

Like what? I guess the short answer is "genetics." I can't really do the respectable comb-over thing.
post #65477 of 117668
i think there are times with white and black denim that it can work, but I almost never like it with indigo
post #65478 of 117668
Thewho should lose his glasses, looks like standard awkward kid from 80s teenage movie. Don't think you should roll your sleeves either.
post #65479 of 117668
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicelynice View Post

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
GTm1y.jpg
faliero sarti
attachment leather and shirt
jeans
augusta
rcI97.jpg
visvim leather
geller sweat
jeans
uggs (no vis) (seriously)

Really nice. Got any close-ups of those augustas?
post #65480 of 117668
Quote:
Originally Posted by fuji View Post

Thewho should lose his glasses, looks like standard awkward kid from 80s teenage movie. Don't think you should roll your sleeves either.

I kind of like the glasses. Maybe he should just do some curls? smile.gif
post #65481 of 117668
he should follow the fuji "change your workout every week" program.
post #65482 of 117668
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renalan View Post

700
Taking the Koi shirt out for a little more formal spin, suit is the Weller in midnight navy.

really liking this, from the epaulet threak shog[1].gif
post #65483 of 117668
bows1
"are those painted gats? I don't think we can hang out again or we will be wearing the same thing..."

hey, i had em first! cool.gif
post #65484 of 117668
Quote:
Originally Posted by DLester View Post

Today is casual day at wurk and on these days I have started wearing jeans with untucked shirt because tucking in jeans looks weak 90% of the time. I get a fair amount of grief about it from co-workers as well as "yep keep doing that, looks better."
I think the rise is a good part of it. Low-rise jeans + tucked shirt --> Eurotrashy a lot of the time. Also, tucked shirt + cuffed jeans is often just a chambray away from superdenim territory.
Quote:
Originally Posted by grizzlybear View Post

really liking this, from the epaulet threak shog[1].gif
Me too.
post #65485 of 117668
1486803

Classic waywt setting
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Fairends cap BoO shirt SUpreme jacket APC jeans (Filson belt) RL shoes Kelty bag
post #65486 of 117668
how do you like that cap? I'm in need of one for this summer.
post #65487 of 117668
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synthese View Post

I kind of like the glasses. Maybe he should just do some curls? smile.gif

My summer project, in addition to my actual "summer project," is to get to the gym and get less scrawny. Also, I'm glad you like the glasses—this is possibly the first time that I've ever felt really, really comfortable not wearing contacts.

If you don't mind me pressing further on the shoes aspect, what sort of boots were you thinking? (I don't know why, but I've always found it hard to match boots with skinnier jeans; my feet always wind up looking comically big to me).
post #65488 of 117668
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike868y View Post

how do you like that cap? I'm in need of one for this summer.

It's fine. This Knottery version is moleskin that may be a little heavy for summer
post #65489 of 117668
One or two more posts, and then I'll drop it as it's really not going anywhere.

So, basically, I have no right to dislike an outfit here because I don't understand it. Which makes a full circle back to what started all this in the MC thread. Someone claimed that SW&D was an acquired taste and several posters were vehemently opposing it. A couple quotes from each side to remind us about it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teger View Post

the point is that some people are attempting to argue that it's not equally true, and that SW&D is much more of an acquired taste .. which is nonsense.
Quote:
Originally Posted by EMartNJ View Post

You're absolutely deluded if you think that SW&D is not an acquired taste.
Quote:
Originally Posted by acecow View Post

That's my point too. It's just that MC-style is more adapted to common social circles than some of the SW&D looks. No one says there's no place for them. Also, most of SW&D looks are just fine, so there's really nothing to argue about.
Quote:
Originally Posted by StanleyVanBuren View Post

So you're not arguing that a typical MC casual look will be more widely accepted than a typical SWD look? Seems to me like you are, and that's where I think you're wrong. It's a common misperception that I see on fashion forums and I think it's nothing more than faux-nostalgic wish fulfillment.

Yet, pulling 2 more quoted from the recent discussions seems to prove the opposite.
Quote:
Originally Posted by brad-t View Post

Yes, it's subjective. That's the only rule there is. It's all subjective. There are no rules to SW&D, just a collective understanding of what's good and what isn't. Even if my fit was better than Synth's (it's not), your comments are still totally unwarranted. If you want to learn more, the best thing is to consume. Read posts here, follow blogs that post streetwear stuff, just consume as much as you can and eventually you will begin to understand it and maybe even develop a taste for it.
The fact that MC has rules of what is good and what isn't is kinda what makes it sucky.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraphicNovelty View Post

acecow: I'm going to explain this clearly: SW&D judges things on a different aesthetic criteria that you are used to. It has a particular aesthetic niche within fashion (social) media, and that's what makes it unique. People gather here because they appreciate that set of aesthetic ideas, and wish to discuss them. As such, other posters, who understand this aesthetic criteria comment on these fits, either positively or negatively. For example, brad-t may come off as harsh, but people are cool with it because he gets it. He knows what he's talking about, and as such, his perspective is valued.
You, however, have demonstrated that you do not understand the aesthetic criteria, and so your comments, both positive and negative, are not useful or wanted. You do not get it, and as such, your comments are worthless. If you want to learn about what these vague aesthetic criteria are, feel free to ask 'why is this receiving such praise?" rather than "why is this receiving praise, you look like a homeless person," as nobody feels like the latter part is relevant.
You are not helping anybody with comments like that, only pissing people off.

So what is it? Acquired or not?

And the hostility is overwhelming. So many people trying to defend this style with foam at their mouths, trying to prove me wrong, putting words in my mouth and taking what I said out of context. Insulting me or trying to. Insecure much? So what if I said that some guy's sneakers were dirty... they were! And he was wearing a skirt. I'm not insulting him, I'm merely stating what his image projects to a person unfamiliar with the whole SW&D aesthetic. It's important to understand how you appear to regular people. You spew venom at my every post, instead of showing me the right way. All differences apart, the MC crowd is much more appealing to me, because they are civil and act like respectful grown-ups. You act like kids with all your favoritism and circle-jerk mentality. And before you start crying that there's more circle-jerking in MC, go look at the response to custom shirts cravate_noir posted in WAYWRN a few days ago.

Here's a quote this whole argument reminded me of:
Quote:
...But in spite of this, each of them—as is often the way with men who have selected careers of different kinds—though in discussion he would even justify the other’s career, in his heart despised it. It seemed to each of them that the life he led himself was the only real life, and the life led by his friend was a mere phantasm. Oblonsky could not restrain a slight mocking smile at the sight of Levin. How often he had seen him come up to Moscow from the country where he was doing something, but what precisely Stepan Arkadyevitch could never quite make out, and indeed he took no interest in the matter.
...Levin arrived in Moscow always excited and in a hurry, rather ill at ease and irritated by his own want of ease, and for the most part with a perfectly new, unexpected view of things. Stepan Arkadyevitch laughed at this, and liked it. In the same way Levin in his heart despised the town mode of life of his friend, and his official duties, which he laughed at, and regarded as trifling. But the difference was that Oblonsky, as he was doing the same as every one did, laughed complacently and good-humouredly, while Levin laughed without complacency and sometimes angrily.
post #65490 of 117668

foo.gif

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The WAYWT Discussion Thread