What's wrong with tucking the shirt in? I think it looks fine there.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- What color of DRESS shirt to wear with DARK blue jeans? Last post on 11/4/10 at 7:44am in Classic Menswear
- After Hours Look Last post on 2/23/14 at 5:19pm in Streetwear and Denim
- shirts and general fit question for V shaped body Last post on 4/29/13 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my ModernTailor shirt fit & measurements Last post on 9/1/11 at 10:42am in Classic Menswear
- High-quality white shirt on short notice (in New York?) Last post on 12/15/12 at 5:06am in Classic Menswear
What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- ASPECD Apparel
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Andrews Sartorial Luxury Collection
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- Nice Laundry
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
The WAYWT Discussion Thread - Page 4365
Styleforum Top Picks
Untuck and unbutton shirt, uncuff jeans, sag them a bit. I've never liked the way JPs look on anybody, but I guess lots of other people do. I'd swap them out for pretty much anything with a better/more defined shape, including vans, common projects, desert boots if you must (gasp!), boots with a heel (from anywhere), pretty much anything. The cuff hits that low sneaker awkwardly, try it again in two years when those jeans are like 4-5 shades lighter. I like your glasses. Do more badness with dat hair.
First fit pic.
Roll your sleeves down just a little bit. I feel they look best when you roll them to just above your elbow, but it looks like you've rolled them a good three or four inches past that.
He'd be fine with that roll if he unbuttoned one more button and didn't try to tuck it in. Shirt cuff is also fighting with the cuffed jeans and pulled-up pants.
First fit pic.
Try going for a modern version of Buddy Holly.
With the Purcells:
And with different shoes:
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
And yeah, Synthese, two things: first, I have always had a rough time figuring out hair; I'm hoping that I can just keep growing it out longer and then, from time to time, get a quick trim on the sides and a thinning-out up top. Second, I think you're right about the shoes. Not that I don't love my Purcells (I do), I just think that a black boot with a heel (and/or maybe Chelsea-style?) would be pretty sweet with the cuffed jeans.
(Also: the shirt-sleeves wound up running higher. Woops.)
Today is casual day at wurk and on these days I have started wearing jeans with untucked shirt because tucking in jeans looks weak 90% of the time. I get a fair amount of grief about it from co-workers as well as "yep keep doing that, looks better."
Yeah, it works sometimes, but (and go look in the MC casual thread) you either look like a dork or somebody's dad 9/10 times. I think it's okay if you're older but in this case, definitely untuck.
@thewho: looks infinitely better with the second shoes , but don't unbutton the bottom of the shirt like that and I kinda agree that the shirt sleeves are rolled up a bit too high - but fix those and it's a good look. As for hair, maybe just put some shit in it - synth, I also wouldn't mind knowing how you get yours to look like that lol.
- The WAYWT Discussion Thread
- › Viberg Boots 1 minute ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 1 minute ago
- › Cars We Drive! 2 minutes ago
- › The Official Beer Thread 2 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 4 minutes ago
- › Oak Street Bootmakers 7 minutes ago
- › John Elliott + Co - official affiliate thread 8 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread 9 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Haight boots, size 9.5E 10 minutes ago
- › The new official TOJ thread, 2011 14 minutes ago
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Pullovers)