or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The WAYWT Discussion Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The WAYWT Discussion Thread - Page 4359  

post #65371 of 117677
Quote:
Originally Posted by acecow View Post

Nice. I was being serious, too.
Some of you are acting like kids in high school. It's rather sad, albeit entertaining.
Edited: never mind, not worth it.

+1

Haha
post #65372 of 117677
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synthese View Post

I'm going to try to derail this derail with some clothes. The poor grocery girls have seen me in the weirdest shit.
CDpjdl.jpg
rAeWXl.jpg
Wrinkled linen courtesy of the Shahnabler-in-Chief.

shit is awesome

pants deets?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ramdomthought View Post

700

shit is wack. i usually like your fits tho
post #65373 of 117677
Not really a fan of randomthought's fit to be honest. I get what he was going for and like that kind of stuff but this just feels like it didn't really pan out right. The fit on the jacket is bothering me in a way hard to articulate. I like the baggy pants with dunks thing but these look like denim which I really just can't get behind in this case. I'm not really familiar with dunks in general but something seems off about these. Are they fake? Not a horrid fit, but I don't quite get all the praise.
post #65374 of 117677

Ok so why are we busting acecow's balls? it seems like dude is really making an attempt at understanding SW&D's aesthetics. If he doesn't like something he has every reason to voice it... let's not get on him for every comment that he makes. it's not like he has bashed every look posted on here.

 

calm down guys.

post #65375 of 117677
Quote:
Originally Posted by acecow View Post

That makes sense. I also like your outfit and don't like his, but please don't take it negatively. I am not a beginner, and I appreciate both modern and classical art. I like some of the fashion that I randomly see on the internet, it's just that some stuff here is too extreme for me. Even my comments towards Synth, although they were obviously critical, tried to articulate what I didn't like about the outfit, instead of just saying that it sucked. I believe if constructive criticism is provided, even if it's wrong, people should not get offended by that.

sw&d is about different, more than whats good. analogy: i like burgers a lot, but i occasionally go to a fancy restaurant and eat items with menu descriptions the longer than this post. oftentimes i find myself enjoying the fancy less than a burger, but it breaks up the monotony, and thats where i get my utility.

i hate wearing suits, but i won't deny that a good suit is the sharpest a guy can look. but i would definitely not look through a thread full of guys wearing really sharp suits, as good as they might look. instead i want to see different, and that baggy rick outfit is that.
post #65376 of 117677
Quote:
Originally Posted by ppllzz View Post

sw&d is about different, more than whats good. analogy: i like burgers a lot, but i occasionally go to a fancy restaurant and eat items with menu descriptions the longer than this post. oftentimes i find myself enjoying the fancy less than a burger, but it breaks up the monotony, and thats where i get my utility.
i hate wearing suits, but i won't deny that a good suit is the sharpest a guy can look. but i would definitely not look through a thread full of guys wearing really sharp suits, as good as they might look. instead i want to see different, and that baggy rick outfit is that.

That's the recurring problem I see here. Different doesn't always equal good. If the world had no standards whatsoever, we'd be living in chaos. I appreciate creativity, but I draw the line when guys start looking like girls or homeless people.
post #65377 of 117677
you know that you don't have to hang out in this thread.
post #65378 of 117677
Quote:
Originally Posted by acecow View Post

That's the recurring problem I see here. Different doesn't always equal good. If the world had no standards whatsoever, we'd be living in chaos. I appreciate creativity, but I draw the line when guys start looking like girls or homeless people.

i dont necessarily disagree, but you have to consider why people are reading this thread. if you are really looking through sw&d waywt because you want to see really nice suits, why dont you just open up gq/esquire or browse a LV/gucci/hermes fashion show? guarantee the styling there will look "good" in your sense. but if you want to see something different then come here.
post #65379 of 117677
Quote:
Originally Posted by acecow View Post

That's the recurring problem I see here. Different doesn't always equal good. If the world had no standards whatsoever, we'd be living in chaos. I appreciate creativity, but I draw the line when guys start looking like girls or homeless people.

Girls and homeless people probably swag all over you.
post #65380 of 117677
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tirailleur1 View Post

Ok so why are we busting acecow's balls? it seems like dude is really making an attempt at understanding SW&D's aesthetics. If he doesn't like something he has every reason to voice it... let's not get on him for every comment that he makes. it's not like he has bashed every look posted on here.

calm down guys.

I don't think the problem is the guy voicing his opinion, I don't think think it's even the nature of his opinions that rub people the wrong way. It's the tone he uses and the way he chooses to approach it. As surprising and mind-blowing as it may be, he uses a condescending tone and makes it sound like he's trying to teach people here a thing or two. Then all of the sudden when people let him know they don't give a flying shit what he thinks because they have no respect for him as a critic, he turns into an apprentice, by magic. Now he wants to "understand". Give me a freaking break - the guy is here to shit on anything that moves in this thread, to turn it away from its purpose, and laugh all the way to the troll bank. So let's not be too nice here. Obvious troll is obvious, alright. If he can't GTFO, then let's make an effort to ignore him please.
post #65381 of 117677
Quote:
Originally Posted by ppllzz View Post
i like burgers a lot, but i occasionally go to a fancy restaurant and eat items with menu descriptions the longer than this post. oftentimes i find myself enjoying the fancy less than a burger, but it breaks up the monotony, and thats where i get my utility.

 

Today's dinner was the opposite....we go back to our roots, and simpler more humble times....

 

Risi e bisi...just rice and green peas, cooked together.  with a little pancetta in there for flavour....

And what the heck, we broke out a white truffle and shaved a bit on top, as far away from our roots as you can get, but my God the smell was awesome...

 

post #65382 of 117677
263

I don't understand. I draw the line when people wear socks and sandals with their armor. Where are their Allen-Edmonds? Different doesn't always look good.
post #65383 of 117677
Playing childish games with a friend on a trip to San Francisco


197
post #65384 of 117677
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdl203 View Post


I don't think the problem is the guy voicing his opinion, I don't think think it's even the nature of his opinions that rub people the wrong way. It's the tone he uses and the way he chooses to approach it. As surprising and mind-blowing as it may be, he uses a condescending tone and makes it sound like he's trying to teach people here a thing or two. Then all of the sudden when people let him know they don't give a flying shit what he thinks because they have no respect for him as a critic, he turns into an apprentice, by magic. Now he wants to "understand". Give me a freaking break - the guy is here to shit on anything that moves in this thread, to turn it away from its purpose, and laugh all the way to the troll bank. So let's not be too nice here. Obvious troll is obvious, alright. If he can't GTFO, then let's make an effort to ignore him please.


I can see that with Moo who I am sure will wholeheartedly agree that he is here to rub many people the wrong way, but I really do think acecow is really trying to make an effort. Yeah some of his comments come of dickish... but it does seem like he is trying to make some sincere effort.

post #65385 of 117677
JOUST!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The WAYWT Discussion Thread