or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The WAYWT Discussion Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The WAYWT Discussion Thread - Page 4320

post #64786 of 115924
thoughts?

700
post #64787 of 115924
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaio View Post

thoughts?
700


I like the socks.

 

post #64788 of 115924
Hendrix, it looks a little try-hard to me. The rolled sleeves, the necklace, the stripey tee...I don't hate the concept but it needs to look effortless, which obviously takes a lot of effort. confused.gif
post #64789 of 115924
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caveat View Post

Hendrix, it looks a little try-hard to me. The rolled sleeves, the necklace, the stripey tee...I don't hate the concept but it needs to look effortless, which obviously takes a lot of effort. confused.gif

thanks for the feedback.
I don't mind looking like i've put in a bit of effort, but TBH with this particular fit i really didn't. I chucked the blazer on and pushed up the sleeves because it feels more like a shirt than a blazer. The necklace i wear every day and the tee is nothing special.
post #64790 of 115924
Quote:
Originally Posted by maplefuturist View Post


I like the socks.

 



dislike the socks

post #64791 of 115924
549

Top to bottom...
Gant
Oliver peoples
Some random henley
Taylor supply
Pointer
Momotaro
White's
post #64792 of 115924
For whatever reason hendrix, I can never get behind your bizarre color palettes or strange style mishmashes
post #64793 of 115924
Quote:
Originally Posted by reedobandito View Post

For whatever reason hendrix, I can never get behind your bizarre color palettes or strange style mishmashes

if i had to try this i would go with black waxed denim black shoes (or white sneakers) and solid color tank, either white or something that contrasted nicely with the pistacchio green thing that it is. at least he stopped eating those wheat craps or whatever they were he used to show in his fit pics.

that said , i don't know if it's the london fog but you are calling everyone weird/bizarre/strange lately and frankly it worries me.
post #64794 of 115924
nah, I agree. Hendrix has interesting pieces but his eye for color combos is wonky, that's usually my issue with his fits. The cuts, patterns, and textures, etc are fine but he seems to choose odd colors and then really mish-mash them together so they just don't gel.
post #64795 of 115924
Quote:
Originally Posted by reedobandito View Post

For whatever reason hendrix, I can never get behind your bizarre color palettes or strange style mishmashes
Quote:
Originally Posted by the shah View Post

if i had to try this i would go with black waxed denim black shoes (or white sneakers) and solid color tank, either white or something that contrasted nicely with the pistacchio green thing that it is. at least he stopped eating those wheat craps or whatever they were he used to show in his fit pics.
that said , i don't know if it's the london fog but you are calling everyone weird/bizarre/strange lately and frankly it worries me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master-Classter View Post

nah, I agree. Hendrix has interesting pieces but his eye for color combos is wonky, that's usually my issue with his fits. The cuts, patterns, and textures, etc are fine but he seems to choose odd colors and then really mish-mash them together so they just don't gel.


I agree i often mess around with colours and get it wrong, but the colours in this one are really pretty normal. The camera fucks with it all the time i can never get it right, but anyway the blazer is a light blue, nowhere near pistacchio green, and the pants are navy.
post #64796 of 115924

I think hendrix is just bad at taking photos, I have the same problem.  Everything looks ok to me in the second photo.

post #64797 of 115924
I would say: pant cuffs are wack with the rest of things, shoes are too clunky (from what I can see) for something so otherwise light (in color), rolled blazer sleeves are a little...to much, and blazer length might be too long to be so casual (?). Maybe just unbutton it?
post #64798 of 115924
perfume genius tonight (in mild celebration, two photos this time around)
435
409

uniqlo x undercover
cheap monday
comune (shitty brand but i like the fit of these jeans)
cdg play x converse
post #64799 of 115924
A few things about Hendrix's fit:

1) The blazer is both not 'MC modern' nor SWD 'vintage'. The low gorge and low buttoning point, along with the soft shoulder and rolled sleeves does not vibe. This blazer would benefit from both a stronger shoulder and higher buttonong point, and a more structured lapel and notch.

2) The bottom half is too stark for the top. The top is trying to be fun and flashy while the bottom is homeless goth. I would bring in lighter pants, or a darker blazer.

3) The shoes are really chunky looking - loafers would work well here.

4) I would roll down the sleeves.
post #64800 of 115924
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synthese View Post

I would say: pant cuffs are wack with the rest of things, shoes are too clunky (from what I can see) for something so otherwise light (in color), rolled blazer sleeves are a little...to much, and blazer length might be too long to be so casual (?). Maybe just unbutton it?

I agree about the shoes, shoulda worn sneakers or something sleeker.

blazer length is perfect. dunno why you guys are getting up in arms about the rolled sleeves. it's just like a shirt, i didn't even think about it. I'm not sprezz-aculating all over the letterbox or anything.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The WAYWT Discussion Thread