Like I said, there are exceptions
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- What color of DRESS shirt to wear with DARK blue jeans? Last post on 11/4/10 at 7:44am in Classic Menswear
- MARGARET HOWELL Fall/Winter 2013 Last post on 7/16/15 at 4:16pm in Streetwear and Denim
- After Hours Look Last post on 2/23/14 at 5:19pm in Streetwear and Denim
- shirts and general fit question for V shaped body Last post on 4/29/13 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my ModernTailor shirt fit & measurements Last post on 9/1/11 at 10:42am in Classic Menswear
CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...
Last edited: 3/30/15
- What I Learned from Slim DenimLast edited: 12/21/14
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
The WAYWT Discussion Thread - Page 4312
Styleforum Top Pickspost #64667 of 1176683/23/12 at 6:10ampost #64668 of 1176683/23/12 at 6:10ampost #64669 of 1176683/23/12 at 6:11ampost #64670 of 1176683/23/12 at 6:15am
+1. Moo has been here long enough to know what reaction he would inspire - in other words, he was trolling. If he says otherwise, he's being disingenuous.
Anyway, I'm at work but not wearing what I usually wear at work today... and it's finally dry enough to get out a pair of shoes I bought last year but hadn't even had a chance to wear once since. This is my first foray into SW&D WAYWT since getting righteously and rightfully slapped down last year.
Details: Pal'las Palace, N&F, Sperry x Band of Outsiders, bike-helmet hair.post #64671 of 1176683/23/12 at 6:24ampost #64672 of 1176683/23/12 at 6:44ampost #64673 of 1176683/23/12 at 6:50ampost #64674 of 1176683/23/12 at 6:52ampost #64675 of 1176683/23/12 at 6:56ampost #64676 of 1176683/23/12 at 7:06ampost #64677 of 1176683/23/12 at 7:13amQuote:Originally Posted by acecow
May I just point out this:
Disregarding the pants, Moo's whole outfit is on a different level in terms of quality, fit and color coordination. Yet, Moo get trashed and that dude gets 30 likes. How?!
Edit: The fit on the right is barely passable, albeit very boring and not well put together. It's not a horrible fit on the jacket, but not more than a B-.
The problem with Moo's pic is well..he's old..and his outfit is too "polished" (aka tryhard). SW&D really likes its casual elegance and hates its "dad" jeans, "dad" ties, "dad" shorts..well "dad" anythingpost #64678 of 1176683/23/12 at 7:14ampost #64679 of 1176683/23/12 at 7:15ampost #64680 of 1176683/23/12 at 7:31amQuote:
They are basically wool felt. And yes, I hesitated because of the hint of Topsideriness. I don't like Topsiders. But in the end, I decided I liked them anyway - and I still do. I think they might go better with some other stuff - I will experiment.
This thread is locked
- The WAYWT Discussion Thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- What I Learned from Slim Denim
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 1 minute ago
- › 40 year old socially retarded - what can I get away with wearing? 1 minute ago
- › THE OFFICIAL "streetwear" BALLER BOOT/SHOE THREAD ***700usd Min*** 2 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 2 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe, Saint Crispin's -... 3 minutes ago
- › Gianni Versace Vintage Leather Business card holder. 4 minutes ago
- › Dress in Academia 4 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Reasons why New York Sucks 7 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 8 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...