compared to before, i'd say yes. compared to mine, no. it looks better now than before haha.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- What color of DRESS shirt to wear with DARK blue jeans? Last post on 11/4/10 at 7:44am in Classic Menswear
- After Hours Look Last post on 2/23/14 at 5:19pm in Streetwear and Denim
- shirts and general fit question for V shaped body Last post on 4/29/13 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my ModernTailor shirt fit & measurements Last post on 9/1/11 at 10:42am in Classic Menswear
- High-quality white shirt on short notice (in New York?) Last post on 10/6/14 at 12:01pm in Classic Menswear
What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gagliano & Company
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Urban Fine Socks
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
The WAYWT Discussion Thread - Page 4310
Styleforum Top Picks
99% keeping so I'll listen to what the 1% have to say
( I do not know why that I keep my hands in my pocket ) lol
May I just point out this:
Disregarding the pants, Moo's whole outfit is on a different level in terms of quality, fit and color coordination. Yet, Moo get trashed and that dude gets 30 likes. How?!
Edit: The fit on the right is barely passable, albeit very boring and not well put together. It's not a horrible fit on the jacket, but not more than a B-.
main difference is that if I see bows, I am like oh, now that is one sexy motherfucker, I would fuck him in the ass.
moo has perhaps an air of boss authority that comes across in work related pornography, but that's mostly it.
TL;DR MC is focused on looking good in a business setting, while SW&D is more focused on what looks "good" overall--which makes things more messy, but has the added benefit of including the base reality of how your clothes look and whether or not they are attractive to the average, fashionless street bystander.
Moo, the reason I got more thumbs up than you is not just that I'm nice, etc. the things that have been said thus far. People just aren't looking for that type of fit in this section! Cross post both to MC and see how it gets flipped.
Overall, thanks for the thumbs up and the comments. I don't dress like this often (Haven't worn a tie in years) so its nice to hear some feedback.
edit - BTW after rereading derrida's comment; I don't believe that the "fashionless street bystander" would think Moo is more fashionable; merely more wall street.
i like moo's fit better but his pants are too baggy
bows jacket is kinda bad (shoulders too large, gorge too high, peak lapels too low) and agree on the boring coordination
Y'all play a lot rougher over here than the fellas do in MC. It seems a lot more Darwinian. MC toodles along, relatively politely, until one of the more established guys gets fed up with shit/mediocrity and lets loose. gdl is the current enforcer, but there have been others. (I got jumped in by Niidawg.) Then there's a gang tackle of "Yeah, that sucks!" until everyone gets it off his chest, and we revert to the polite mean.
I don't know how much longer I'll last... it is a tiring (and obviously thankless) task ... maybe we should rotate enforcer roles... you next?
Yeah, no. I don't have nearly the cred to talk shit about other people in MC. I do call 'em like I see 'em, but not in that ball-breaking way that juices up the thread.
Yuh, Steve Maddens.
edit: omg nvm i just realized what it said. yeah i guess they're sneaker oxfords.original post (Click to show)
oxfords? i thought those were dressy shoes?
my boyfriend called them top-siders too but i thought that was what boat shoes are called....
if anything i would call them sneakers
- The WAYWT Discussion Thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 1 minute ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 2 minutes ago
- › Herring Shoes - Experiences? 3 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 9 minutes ago
- › GentlemensFootwear.com (Carmina, Drakes, Cappelli, Finamore) -... 10 minutes ago
- › WAYWRN: MC Casual Style 11 minutes ago
- › Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts? 11 minutes ago
- › Standard and Strange - Official Affiliate Thread 14 minutes ago
- › The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread 15 minutes ago
- › The new official TOJ thread, 2011 16 minutes ago
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › The Styleforum Brief: December 2014
- › What I Learned from Slim Denim
- › How to Smell Fabulous for the Holidays
- › Last Minute Gifts for Dad
- › The Joy of Bad Christmas Movies
- › Styleforum Interviews Yasuto Kamoshita of...
- › The Styleforum Brief: November 2014
- › Prof. Fab’s Holiday Gift Guide: In...
- › MEET THE PRESS
- › How to Survive the Holidays with Your...