compared to before, i'd say yes. compared to mine, no. it looks better now than before haha.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- What color of DRESS shirt to wear with DARK blue jeans? Last post on 11/4/10 at 7:44am in Classic Menswear
- MARGARET HOWELL Fall/Winter 2013 Last post on 3/13/15 at 2:34am in Streetwear and Denim
- After Hours Look Last post on 2/23/14 at 5:19pm in Streetwear and Denim
- shirts and general fit question for V shaped body Last post on 4/29/13 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my ModernTailor shirt fit & measurements Last post on 9/1/11 at 10:42am in Classic Menswear
CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...
Last edited: 3/30/15
- What I Learned from Slim DenimLast edited: 12/21/14
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
The WAYWT Discussion Thread - Page 4310
Styleforum Top Pickspost #64637 of 1176683/22/12 at 9:06pmnew jacket came in. bit tight when worn with a sweater+shirt+tee as it is filled/thick interior padding. super warm by itself with a tee that I am very pleased about. also glad that it is not a deep black...it is described as "soft black". also superb finishing on the exterior. described as black and wax, but doesn't catch any lint! (nice) happy w/ the jacket, the right amount of volume but still maintains a sleek siluoette that PE is known for.
99% keeping so I'll listen to what the 1% have to say
( I do not know why that I keep my hands in my pocket ) lolpost #64638 of 1176683/22/12 at 9:14pmpost #64639 of 1176683/22/12 at 9:24pmQuote:Originally Posted by acecow
May I just point out this:
Disregarding the pants, Moo's whole outfit is on a different level in terms of quality, fit and color coordination. Yet, Moo get trashed and that dude gets 30 likes. How?!
Edit: The fit on the right is barely passable, albeit very boring and not well put together. It's not a horrible fit on the jacket, but not more than a B-.
main difference is that if I see bows, I am like oh, now that is one sexy motherfucker, I would fuck him in the ass.
moo has perhaps an air of boss authority that comes across in work related pornography, but that's mostly it.
TL;DR MC is focused on looking good in a business setting, while SW&D is more focused on what looks "good" overall--which makes things more messy, but has the added benefit of including the base reality of how your clothes look and whether or not they are attractive to the average, fashionless street bystander.
post #64640 of 1176683/22/12 at 9:26pmpost #64641 of 1176683/22/12 at 9:29pmpost #64642 of 1176683/22/12 at 9:31pmpost #64643 of 1176683/22/12 at 9:33pmpost #64644 of 1176683/22/12 at 9:43pmpost #64645 of 1176683/22/12 at 9:43pmIf you can't see that Moo and I are going for a different look then I don't know what to tell you. I think Moo is capturing what he wants with a high degree of success, while I am trying to do the same, with a different litmus scale. The fits shouldn't be compared, as they take place in different realms. I'm just trying to have fun while shooting a black tie event, and fitting in with whatever i have in my closet. Moo obiously has a job that requires more than mine, and he dresses accordingly. He doesn't look great from a SW&D pov, but he looks good from a MC prospective. He accomplishes what he want's and that is great! Thats what he wants! I don't want what he wants so why compare.
Moo, the reason I got more thumbs up than you is not just that I'm nice, etc. the things that have been said thus far. People just aren't looking for that type of fit in this section! Cross post both to MC and see how it gets flipped.
Overall, thanks for the thumbs up and the comments. I don't dress like this often (Haven't worn a tie in years) so its nice to hear some feedback.
edit - BTW after rereading derrida's comment; I don't believe that the "fashionless street bystander" would think Moo is more fashionable; merely more wall street.post #64646 of 1176683/22/12 at 9:46pmpost #64647 of 1176683/22/12 at 10:13pmbows got more rep because the picture is better
i like moo's fit better but his pants are too baggy
bows jacket is kinda bad (shoulders too large, gorge too high, peak lapels too low) and agree on the boring coordinationpost #64648 of 1176683/22/12 at 10:19pmpost #64649 of 1176683/22/12 at 10:36pmQuote:Originally Posted by gdl203Quote:Originally Posted by sugarbutch
Y'all play a lot rougher over here than the fellas do in MC. It seems a lot more Darwinian. MC toodles along, relatively politely, until one of the more established guys gets fed up with shit/mediocrity and lets loose. gdl is the current enforcer, but there have been others. (I got jumped in by Niidawg.) Then there's a gang tackle of "Yeah, that sucks!" until everyone gets it off his chest, and we revert to the polite mean.
I don't know how much longer I'll last... it is a tiring (and obviously thankless) task ... maybe we should rotate enforcer roles... you next?
Yeah, no. I don't have nearly the cred to talk shit about other people in MC. I do call 'em like I see 'em, but not in that ball-breaking way that juices up the thread.post #64650 of 1176683/22/12 at 10:38pmQuote:
Yuh, Steve Maddens.
edit: omg nvm i just realized what it said. yeah i guess they're sneaker oxfords.original post (Click to show)
oxfords? i thought those were dressy shoes?
my boyfriend called them top-siders too but i thought that was what boat shoes are called....
if anything i would call them sneakers
This thread is locked
- The WAYWT Discussion Thread
- What I Learned from Slim Denim
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 1 minute ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 1 minute ago
- › Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts? 3 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Crockett & Jones MTO Central 6 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 6 minutes ago
- › my visit to Napoli & Mina @ Napoli Su Misura 6 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 7 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Toronto Thread 8 minutes ago
- › 5/2 MORE ADDED! NWT Isaia Spring Jackets Sizes 50, 52 & 54 EU -... 8 minutes ago
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › The Styleforum Brief April 2015
- › Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest!...
- › Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of...
- › How to Buy Direct from Japan
- › Lanieri Presents: Deep Into the Blue
- › Clothing for Hard Work
- › Sakura Season
- › A Brief History of Indigo
- › The (Red) Thread Connecting Italy and Japan
- › Two Japanese Words Every Clothing Dork Should...