Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- What color of DRESS shirt to wear with DARK blue jeans? Last post on 11/4/10 at 7:44am in Classic Menswear
- MARGARET HOWELL Fall/Winter 2013 Last post on 12/5/16 at 11:05am in Streetwear and Denim
- After Hours Look Last post on 2/23/14 at 5:19pm in Streetwear and Denim
- shirts and general fit question for V shaped body Last post on 4/29/13 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my ModernTailor shirt fit & measurements Last post on 9/1/11 at 10:42am in Classic Menswear
Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how should I wash them
Last edited: 5/19/16
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Where should the points on my shirt collar lie in relation to my...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Are APCs a good starter pair of raw denim jeans?Last edited: 1/27/16
- Can the Waistband from Selvedge Jeans be taken in?Last edited: 1/27/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
The WAYWT Discussion Thread - Page 4285post #64261 of 1176663/18/12 at 4:59pmpost #64262 of 1176663/18/12 at 5:01pmpost #64263 of 1176663/18/12 at 5:08pmQuote:Originally Posted by ParkerQuote:boots are Vintage Shoe Co from a local neighborhood shop. I'd never heard of them, but apparently they've been making shoes since 1883. These have a bit of that 19th century vibe.artishard116 "what shoes?"
nice, look greatpost #64264 of 1176663/18/12 at 5:15pmQuote:Originally Posted by brad-tQuote:Originally Posted by the shah
I imagine it's [partially] due to camera angle but the top looks incredibly small, an effect exaggerated by the knit sleeves (shellac??) poking through. i thought the tucking would help this but somehow there's still a velociraptor on my screen.
very grrr. uncontrol , very grrr
i have no idea what this means but thanks
Sorry , I'm not too good with paleontological terms.
It means many things, with regards to proportions of legs/arms/torsos,, but one thing it brings to mind is this :post #64265 of 1176663/18/12 at 5:18pmpost #64266 of 1176663/18/12 at 5:21pmoh
well , I just like that you've stepped out of the nintendo 64 and into something I can appreciate (which was the very subjective bit) and then your k-pop* mullet hair, like poutine, is hawt sticky icky oo wee gross but so delicious.
* I just used that because it just know how much you love itpost #64267 of 1176663/18/12 at 5:22pmpost #64268 of 1176663/18/12 at 5:44pmQuote:Originally Posted by thewho13
And Mr. Hitchcock Presents:
Even thought I knew what was going to happen ´cause I had looked it up before on wikipedia, it still managed to keep at the edge of my seat. He truly was the master of suspense.
Edited by Lionheart Biker - 3/18/12 at 5:57pmpost #64269 of 1176663/18/12 at 5:49pmpost #64270 of 1176663/18/12 at 6:43pmpost #64271 of 1176663/18/12 at 7:52pmQuote:Originally Posted by CDHagg
Spoo pose ^
CDHagg...I take it the jacket is bespoke? Rhetorical question...jacket must be bespoke...there are so many idiosyncrasies you must have given the poor tailor excruciatingly exacting instructions....
But first, why is the sleeve open and flared like that? To show you have a real opening at the cuff with functioning buttons? Too vulgar, CDHagg, like the vulgarians who walk around with the Brioni or the Ermenegildo Zegna TROFEO tags still attached to the sleeve...you don't want to seem like the type who broadcasts "Look, I have a bespoke jacket" or "Look, I wear Brioni!"...You want to be the type that says: "You can buy this shit ready-made at a store?! What the?!??!" I do like the blood-red lining though...very sadistic...
Now...what on earth happened at the shoulders? Bad tailoring...we have been skimping by going to cheap tailors, haven't we? Also the arm holes don't seem right...unless you gave some bizarre instructions that you needed them that way to play the piano while hanging from a trapeze or some shit like that...
The point, CDHagg....with such an outfit, with one look, in a split second, you can tell if a jacket looks good...elegant...and yours does not...it's just not working with your figure...who was that Italian master, who said the suit is there to conceal all the imperfections..the mistakes that God made...and give the lie of perfect figure? Bespoke, CDHagg, does not mean, a close fitting rag that proudly displays your figure with all its mistakes...I would have preferred fuller shoulders, and more shaped shoulders, maybe more refined lapels...
I don't think you intended to showcase the pants in this fit...but the pants aren't sized well...they look like some weird Ben Sherman-y thing for early 2000s...are they bespoke also...wtf are they?
The shirt is full-collared, which doesn't suit your, as you put it, ectomorphic frame..
I don't know...this is one of those fits, where, if I were a designer, or a photographer, or a photo editor....I would look at this fit, first reaction would be to think how to fix the mistakes, but after a few seconds, I would just rip up the whole thing and trash it....and start again, tabula rasa...
And what brand are the brogues? The leather looks awful quality...
Also, wtf is a spoo pose?post #64272 of 1176663/18/12 at 8:00pmpost #64273 of 1176663/18/12 at 8:07pmpost #64274 of 1176663/18/12 at 8:19pmQuote:Docs ruin the fit for me. Even if the awful translucent sole and contrast stitching were blacked out (which they should be, IMO), the sheer oversized chonkiness going on there is pretty hard to balance out. Otherwise, awesome.Originally Posted by nemuine
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)Quote:It's this one: http://reviews.us.levi.com/1341/4192306/reviews.htm
It's not currently available, but they seem to put them back up on the web site from time to time. Not sure how different the fit will be on this model: http://us.levi.com/product/index.jsp?productId=12403046&&cp=3146842.3146845.3146860.11896263post #64275 of 1176663/18/12 at 8:21pm
This thread is locked
- The WAYWT Discussion Thread
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 30 seconds ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 41 seconds ago
- › Wanted: Raf Simons FW07 black peacoat. Sz 48/50 1 minute ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 1 minute ago
- › OFFICIAL President Trump Thread 1 minute ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 1 minute ago
- › VASS WHOLECUT LAST K - 9 UK - MTO BLUE SUEDE CALF 2 minutes ago
- › ALFRED SARGENT Appreciation: Handgrade, Exclusive, etc. 2 minutes ago
- › Eidos Napoli 3 minutes ago
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... 3 minutes ago
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...